+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

hamarawi

Star Member
May 18, 2018
I want to update everyone here that I got my CoPR just now. Thank you for everyone's support here, its been a long journey.. and good luck with best wishes to everyone!
Deep congratulations
Can you tell us what is the updates happened in your IRCC account and ecas account during the last 4 months
May be this will help us know where we are in the journey
Thanks

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
What is the option to send a missing document while we wait for AOR? looks like i missed to attach a certified true copy for a translated doc that i submitted. Is there a possibility they delay start processing my application because of that?

Also, does criminality status have anything to do with AOR? i see "Criminality: In Progress" in my GCMS response
Does anybody have an idea on this? should i send the doc (cert tru copy) via mail with a LOE or should i wait for them to communicate?

Appreciate any suggestions

Mbastos

Dec 4, 2021
Colleagues from DF in April 21, any news on 1st 2nd email etc? I got a Ghost update this week in the GCKEY account - but no more news.

Reactions: J_ames

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
Hi I have a question about the medical examination. Is it a good idea to go ahead and schedule it before they requested it? I got my AOR just a few days ago and thought to schedule my medical exam to speed up the processing time. Is it a good idea?

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi I have a question about the medical examination. Is it a good idea to go ahead and schedule it before they requested it? I got my AOR just a few days ago and thought to schedule my medical exam to speed up the processing time. Is it a good idea?
Depends on what stream you applied for. Most times you need to wait. There’s a required form IRCC sends you that you have to bring to the exam or the clinic won’t take the appt. Also, not to diminish any wishful thinking, but there is literally no way to speed up the process except for doing and providing everything they ask you to when they ask you. I’m sure if all of us could speed up the process, for sure we would. You’re in the right place on this forum to get an idea of what your timeline might look like post AOR, so we look forward to seeing your progress!

Reactions: Mahran38

00iris00

Dec 20, 2020
Depends on what stream you applied for. Most times you need to wait. There’s a required form IRCC sends you that you have to bring to the exam or the clinic won’t take the appt. Also, not to diminish any wishful thinking, but there is literally no way to speed up the process except for doing and providing everything they ask you to when they ask you. I’m sure if all of us could speed up the process, for sure we would. You’re in the right place on this forum to get an idea of what your timeline might look like post AOR, so we look forward to seeing your progress!
Hi thanks for the answer. What do you mean "what stream"? I am asking because the clinic I am looking at states:

“Upfront”

For the majority of work, student and visitor visas, upfront medicals allow visa applicants to obtain their medical exams simultaneous with gathering of other documents and clearances for the IRCC visa office.

So I don't know if this "upfront" is a good idea, or maybe it is not in the case of Quebec skilled worker? I see many people here have already done their medical exam before, just as I have done my biometrics before so I don't have to do it this time and "speeded up" my application, maybe I am using the wrong words here

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hi thanks for the answer. What do you mean "what stream"? I am asking because the clinic I am looking at states:

“Upfront”

For the majority of work, student and visitor visas, upfront medicals allow visa applicants to obtain their medical exams simultaneous with gathering of other documents and clearances for the IRCC visa office.

So I don't know if this "upfront" is a good idea, or maybe it is not in the case of Quebec skilled worker? I see many people here have already done their medical exam before, just as I have done my biometrics before so I don't have to do it this time and "speeded up" my application, maybe I am using the wrong words here
Gotcha! I was asking about stream because I’m aware some EE streams allow for upfront medicals. I am in the QSW stream and did not have a current medical exam from previous work permits, so had to wait until directed to take my medical (just passed last week). But have seen a lot of other people on this forum who took theirs in the past and those were validated as current. I noticed in what you posted it doesn’t mention permanent resident but worker, students and visitors, so would check to see if IRCC has exempted you from medical in the system (likely says passed or not needed) and if not await their update. Just my opinion though. I’m super curious to see how it all goes.

apn2022

Nov 20, 2021
Colleagues from DF in April 21, any news on 1st 2nd email, etc? I got a Ghost update this week in the GCKEY account - but no more news.
What is your update on ECAS? Does it show "decision made". If ECSA shows "Decision Made" and the IRCC GCKEY account shows submitted means the file is in the Local Visa office. Also with the Decision, you should have received an email, check your SPAM folder it may be lying there. It happened to me the decision was made on 9th February and no email since 24th. After several trials, I could talk to the helpline and the agent informed me that after the Decision was made an email was sent to you (which I never received). I wrote to the PR Portal email to send me either the 1st email mentioning the Agent's confirmation and the details normally requested in the 1st email and the same day I received the 2nd email with login credentials.

m-s

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
What is your update on ECAS? Does it show "decision made". If ECSA shows "Decision Made" and the IRCC GCKEY account shows submitted means the file is in the Local Visa office. Also with the Decision, you should have received an email, check your SPAM folder it may be lying there. It happened to me the decision was made on 9th February and no email since 24th. After several trials, I could talk to the helpline and the agent informed me that after the Decision was made an email was sent to you (which I never received). I wrote to the PR Portal email to send me either the 1st email mentioning the Agent's confirmation and the details normally requested in the 1st email and the same day I received the 2nd email with login credentials.
You said : IRCC GCKEY account shows submitted means the file is in the Local Visa office. is there any reason that you say ? i don't think so