+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Jo123456

Star Member
May 13, 2020
Does anyone know how long does it take to get the BOWP. My current work permit expires May 2nd but I'm waiting till the last minute to apply for it as I hope my PR will arrive before my work permit expires.

Can I continue to work as soon as a decision is made on my file (PR)?
Any recommendations on the BOWP or other options?
It takes about 5 months and back logs keeps increasing
You need to apply for work permit renewal 30 days before your old WP expires so you can continue your work otherwise your renewal will be rejected

If your permit expires, and that you have not received your new work permit, note that there are no issues with your continued employment in Canada so long as you do not leave Canada - you will benefit from “maintained status

If a temporary resident also applies for renewal of their work or study permit before the expiry of their existing permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph R186(u) or section R189 authorizes them to work or study without a permit under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal and only as long as the person remains in Canada.

Reactions: Julian A

gtcan19

Sep 11, 2020
Yeah, the situation is truly horrible.
I thought I would dance with a champagne bottle after "Your application is approved" letter, but probably my brain protects me from *all* feelings right now because I really don't feel anything.

I just cry randomly sometimes.
Prayers for your family & everyone out there in Ukraine. Hope for the positive & fruitful negotiations between two countries. Congratulations for e-COPR. At least you don`t need to think about the immigration process now onwards and hope that might help you to expedite the process to bring your family safely to Canada.

Reactions: ValeriaS

manojduddela

Jan 11, 2022
Hello,

I have received an email to send my passport for stamping for my PR. Mine application is currently processing outside Canada. During the processing of my application, my passport was renewed and same has been updated to IRCC and they have sent acknowledgement for the same. Now for the passport submission, should I send both my old and new passport ? or Just a new passport please ?

Please advice me if anyone saw this situation

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Hello,

I have received an email to send my passport for stamping for my PR. Mine application is currently processing outside Canada. During the processing of my application, my passport was renewed and same has been updated to IRCC and they have sent acknowledgement for the same. Now for the passport submission, should I send both my old and new passport ? or Just a new passport please ?

New one.
I guess old one is expired, so you should send only valid one.

RISHAVISH

Dec 10, 2021
I submitted my application in April 2020. I am outland applicant.
My passports have been renewed. Do I need to inform IRCC??.

J_ames

Mar 24, 2021
New one.
I guess old one is expired, so you should send only valid one.
Congrats on your portal email. And soon you will be able to get CoPR soon. Then waiting for the pr card will be there after.

And yes I am still waiting for my pr card now, hopefully I can get it soon.

Also as you mentioned, I will stay here also and try to help ppl out.

+ for the situation in your home country, I just can say may the god be with your family. Everything will be alright.

Reactions: ValeriaS

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Congrats on your portal email. And soon you will be able to get CoPR soon. Then waiting for the pr card will be there after.

+ for the situation in your home country, I just can say may the god be with your family. Everything will be alright.
Thank you so much!
I hope you'll get your card soon :)

Reactions: J_ames

mbin19

Nov 29, 2021
Hello,

Send the new one with a letter of explanation

Reactions: Thursty9

Julian A

Mar 18, 2021
It takes about 5 months and back logs keeps increasing
You need to apply for work permit renewal 30 days before your old WP expires so you can continue your work otherwise your renewal will be rejected

If your permit expires, and that you have not received your new work permit, note that there are no issues with your continued employment in Canada so long as you do not leave Canada - you will benefit from “maintained status

If a temporary resident also applies for renewal of their work or study permit before the expiry of their existing permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, paragraph R186(u) or section R189 authorizes them to work or study without a permit under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal and only as long as the person remains in Canada.
Thanks!

Reactions: Jo123456

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
This is getting extremely ridiculous for Outlands.

My file is waiting from January 2019 and still no DM.
Even people who applied 2 years after me now getting their DMs.

Is it really fair? We all know that they prioritise inlands, we all know that every file is different.
But the difference is not several months, it is more than 2 years and counting.

anotherguy

Star Member
Sep 5, 2019

Same here on my end, 40 days since eCoPR

@ValeriaS congrats! It was really fast for you after the AR :)

• Sad
Reactions: J_ames and ValeriaS