+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Thank you! Now I will wait for the next steps :)
Valeria can I ask how you got medical passed before AOR? I know I need medical but haven’t received the request and am starting to panic now that I see all these new AORs and my ATIP is at day 55 with no update. I need signs of life. Did medical come to you as an email while you awaited AOR or had you done it at some point in the past and it counted?

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
Valeria can I ask how you got medical passed before AOR? I know I need medical but haven’t received the request and am starting to panic now that I see all these new AORs and my ATIP is at day 55 with no update. I need signs of life. Did medical come to you as an email while you awaited AOR or had you done it at some point in the past and it counted?
Hey, I passed medical in 2018 as part of my work permit process.
But because of Covid, they launched this Temporary public policy exempting some foreign nationals in Canada from requiring an immigration medical exam and they extended it to March 31, 2022.

So according to policy, I was exempt from the medical exam.
I also submitted my medical exam file from 2018 just in case through webform in June 2021, as soon as they launched this policy.

Thursty9

Star Member
Nov 5, 2021
Hey, I passed medical in 2018 as part of my work permit process.
But because of Covid, they launched this Temporary public policy exempting some foreign nationals in Canada from requiring an immigration medical exam and they extended it to March 31, 2022.

So according to policy, I was exempt from the medical exam.
I also submitted my medical exam file from 2018 just in case through webform in June 2021, as soon as they launched this policy.
Ok it’s what I thought. Thanks!

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
I renewed closed work permit, but I didn’t change employer.
I believe your situation doesn’t require you to notify them in this case unless your changing jobs/positions at the same company.

If you have an employer-specific work permit and you want to change jobs or employers in Canada, you must apply for a new work permit.

Due to COVID-19, you may not need to wait until your work permit application is approved to start your new job or work for a new employer if you’re eligible. You just need an email from IRCC that says you have permission to change jobs.

As always, open work permit holders can change employers at any time while their work permit is valid.

For more info: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend/change-jobs-employers.html

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Same here dear.
I dropped application in April 2020 and keep waiting for AOR. Don't know why IRCC still differentiating Inland and Outlanders.

Can some outland applicant respond here, if they received AOR in recent weeks. That will help us to feel relief.
There was no difference between inland and outland applications before 2020.
After COVID, currently, an outland applicant waits 2+ years more than an inland applicant. This is of course unfair.

When I applied, the average processing time was 17-18 months for everybody, now I am in my 38th months and still waiting.
1053 days passed since I got AoR.

They wait us to die rather than finalising our applications.
Because this is the only way for them to clear outland backlogs at the moment.

Don't keep your hopes high after the recent news about the PR processing would get faster.
IRCC did not do anything to solve Quebec outland applicants problems in its history. I do not expect anything will change for us.

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hi everyone, here is a question for the outlands, as i haven't heard from IRCC since Aug 2020, should i freak out? is that normal ?

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
I received Pre-arrival letter today. Last week they finally added my common law partner to the application (after 5 months of waiting), it also said "reviewing medical exam" and now they updated it to "there's no need for medical exam" (provably because it is exempt until march).
Gonna keep waiting.

Reactions: Anitsuga