+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
In-Canada permanent residence applicants
You’re exempt from completing an additional immigration medical exam (IME) if
  • you have applied, or you are applying for permanent residence and
  • you are already residing in Canada and
  • you have completed your immigration medical exam in the last 5 years and
  • an IRCC medical officer found your medical exam as low risk or no risk to public health or public safety
If you’ve already completed an IME and are applying for permanent residence, make sure you provide an IME number (or unique medical identifier number) from your previous medical exam in your application.
Learn more about the temporary public policy, which is in effect until December 28, 2021. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/medical-police/medical-exams/requirements-permanent-residents.html

Reactions: anotherguy

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
How long your medical results are good for
Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you don’t come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam.

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
How long your medical results are good for
Your medical exam results are valid for 12 months only. If you don’t come to Canada as a permanent resident within that time, you may need to have another exam.
It doesn’t matter how long are they valid until temporary policy in force. If you had exam in last 5 years, applied for PR and didn’t leave Canada - you don’t need to retake exam.

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Guys a quick Q here:

Once you have the XEP #, Is there anything you can do with it? May 2021 submitted, XEP received by paper mail in Jul, then CIC went silence.

Is there another way to check the process of the application without request a GCMS note?

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
Guys a quick Q here:

Once you have the XEP #, Is there anything you can do with it? May 2021 submitted, XEP received by paper mail in Jul, then CIC went silence.

Is there another way to check the process of the application without request a GCMS note?
Receiving XEP means your application is queued to be processed. As soon as your application is assigned to an IRCC agent, you will receive an email to link your application online (if not submitted online) or AOR, which indicates that your application is being processed. If any additional document is required, you’ll receive a message following your AOR with more details. If not, you’re going to have to wait for instructions from their end.

• Love
Reactions: HanenBlade

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
O have 2 months received the AR and nothing...
This is the qbuse because they treat the easy files and some wait for 3 years.
This is abusive
Is somebody Outland in your application?
Same thing with me.
No update after AOR.
2 month already passed after AOR.

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Had a status update:
""We are reviewing the results of your medical exam"

I had my medicals in 2016 before moving to Canada. Does that mean they are reusing those results ?
They are also reviewing results of my medical exam which was done in June 2015. They are reviewing it from last 2 months. No update

HanenBlade

Star Member
Sep 11, 2017
Receiving XEP means your application is queued to be processed. As soon as your application is assigned to an IRCC agent, you will receive an email to link your application online (if not submitted online) or AOR, which indicates that your application is being processed. If any additional document is required, you’ll receive a message following your AOR with more details. If not, you’re going to have to wait for instructions from their end.
Thank you so much for your detailed reply man, I'll just keep waiting then.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hey guys, How are you doing? I sent additional documents (that were requested) like 6 weeks ago and has been silence since then. I received confirmation that they arrived and "will be added to my file shortly" but my IRCC account still says "We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details". Provably normal, but any advice?

Theo_S

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hey guys, How are you doing? I sent additional documents (that were requested) like 6 weeks ago and has been silence since then. I received confirmation that they arrived and "will be added to my file shortly" but my IRCC account still says "We need additional documents to process your application. We will send you a letter or email with details". Provably normal, but any advice?
I had the same issue.. the status changed after 8 weeks.

Reactions: LOLR1

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
How did you send them your documents? Web form, GCKey or sent them via courier?

Reactions: LOLR1