+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
My lawyer told me that, after the medical, they may ask for a RCMP background check, especially in my case that I've been living in Canada for a while (6 years).
As for Police Certificate, I'm not sure if it has become a new requirement as I have not sent police certificates issued by RCMP for me and my partner. This document Guide Q7000 - Application for Permanent Residence: Quebec Skilled Worker Class - Canada.ca says: "If you and your family members are 18 years of age and older and aren’t permanent residents or Canadian citizens, you must provide a valid police certificate for any country other than Canada in which you spent 6 or more months in a row since the age of 18." under Police Certificates.

Reactions: rlm1989

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
Review of additional documents: The additional documents you provided have been uploaded.
This means they didn’t yet review them. I don’t know why are they taking so long to process some applications.
Our application also enters into the 4th month of post AOR processing.

CAImmNotifyMe

Oct 5, 2021
This means they didn’t yet review them. I don’t know why are they taking so long to process some applications.
Our application also enters into the 4th month of post AOR processing.
I'm not sure what's going on and I don't think I'm going to hear back from them until they're either done with the background check. I'm not sure how long this will take though. I thought Medical Exam would be the last step, but you never know in what order they process applications. It has become clear to me that each application is being handled differently.

Kzee20

Mar 24, 2020
I'm not sure what's going on and I don't think I'm going to hear back from them until they're either done with the background check. I'm not sure how long this will take though. I thought Medical Exam would be the last step, but you never know in what order they process applications. It has become clear to me that each application is being handled differently.
You are right. Most of the applicants in this thread who applied around the same time like us already received their PR cards. They received their eCoPR within a couple of weeks after medical passed. I was also expecting the same but unfortunately it didn’t happen in our case. I hope they won’t forget our applications like they did in the case of some of the 2019 applicants who are still waiting.

m-s

Star Member
Nov 13, 2020
No, nothing. I've raised 2 more webforms in the meantime and got exactly the same responses, Afghanistan bla bla..

I am in my 36th month, 3 full calendar years of waiting for Federal processing on top of 4 years of waiting CSQ.
And still counting...

Single + Computer Eng. BS + Software Eng. MS + Applied for CSQ when I was 24, now I am 31.
And still Afghans are prioritised over me...

Congrats Trudeau, this is the best immigration system ever!
why outland applicants just waiting and do nothing I said before we have to do something I respect inland applicants but when you see their timeline and compare with other outland applicants, from two or three years they freeze us(IRCC I mean) and like Dreammilkey said web form is not working at all, we have to find a better solution guys, we are not few and also we have plans , future and family till when they forget us?

Last edited:
Reactions: ballak1984

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
why outland applicants just waiting and do nothing I said before we have to do something I respect inland applicants but when you see their timeline and compare with other outland applicants, from two or three years they freeze us(IRCC I mean) and like Dreammilkey said web form is not working at all, we have to find a better solution guys, we are not few and also we have plans , future and family till when they forget us?
Outland applications are put on hole for many reasons. Many governments/parties are not able to support the background and security procedures as expected by IRCC which may hold them back from achieving their goals. Plus it requires more work from IRCC in treating them at port of entries. On the otherside inlands are processed within 8 -11 months which is good for IRCC as well in an efficient way given the COVID restrictions everywhere. It bad luck for outlands to wait for years.
also this delay happens only with QSW because the quota is already fixed by Quebec and can’t be adjusted like other provinces.

Reactions: hhrb and gtcan19

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Outland applications are put on hole for many reasons. Many governments/parties are not able to support the background and security procedures as expected by IRCC which may hold them back from achieving their goals. Plus it requires more work from IRCC in treating them at port of entries. On the otherside inlands are processed within 8 -11 months which is good for IRCC as well in an efficient way given the COVID restrictions everywhere. It bad luck for outlands to wait for years.
also this delay happens only with QSW because the quota is already fixed by Quebec and can’t be adjusted like other provinces.
I agree with some of your reasons but unfortunately nothing should take like 3 full calendar years.
We all provided genuine notarised documents, they could be validated quickly, if not it would not take 3 years.

IRCC treats like; Afghanistan has a long borderline with Canada, and there is a danger of millions of people crossing it in a short period of time. I think IRCC uses this new Afghan situation as a new excuse.

They don't even reply back to our submitted web forms. How could this happen?
Do you guys really believe that, "everybody", even IRCC operators who are in the support center is taking care of Afghani cases?

DAS_1

Sep 26, 2020
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I agree with some of your reasons but unfortunately nothing should take like 3 full calendar years.
We all provided genuine notarised documents, they could be validated quickly, if not it would not take 3 years.

IRCC treats like; Afghanistan has a long borderline with Canada, and there is a danger of millions of people crossing it in a short period of time. I think IRCC uses this new Afghan situation as a new excuse.

They don't even reply back to our submitted web forms. How could this happen?
Do you guys really believe that, "everybody", even IRCC operators who are in the support center is taking care of Afghani cases?
what they are doing for outlands is an unfortunate thing but I believe they also didn't have a choice . but i am hopeful that processing time for everyone will improve significantly in coming months..
this outlands delay is happening more with CSQ because, all the CSQs are to be respected whether are not they land in Quebec as PR . But whereas EE doesn't have this constraint and they have room for any adjustment s .if IRCC believes that they have issued lot of ITA through EE , they can quickly adjust it but for CSQ , it is not the case . Thy have to considered how much they have already issued and what is their target . To achieve the target they cant simply issue more CSQs because that will bite them in future.
whatever said , 3 years is not an acceptable one

Reactions: m-s