+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Open Work Permit for Permanent Residence Applicants
Quebec’s request to implement a measure that will allow certain temporary foreign workers the opportunity to work in Quebec in a job of their choice while waiting to obtain permanent residence was also approved by Ottawa.

Temporary foreign workers can obtain a bridging open work permit to continue working while awaiting a decision on their application for permanent residence. But workers who applied through the province of Quebec did not qualify for this permit.

Beginning August 31, 2021, workers who hold a CSQ in the skilled worker category and have a receipt confirming that their application for permanent residence has been received by the federal government will be able to benefit from an open work permit.

The duration of the work permit will be for an initial period of 24 months and may be renewed for an additional 12 months. It will include a restriction that the place of employment remains in Quebec.

The partner or spouse of the principal applicant will also be able to obtain an open work permit, regardless of the level of employment held by the principal applicant.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/08/quebec-announces-deals-to-help-hire-and-retain-temporary-foreign-workers-0818822.html#gs.7vjioe

Reactions: Leokun and mkukku

mtlog

Nov 23, 2020
Hey, Does anyone know if you can do your medicals abroad (whilst on vacation), if you are an inland applicant?

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
I think everyone is on vacation

Reactions: Rumman

Xiaobenson

Feb 7, 2019
Hi Guys, i just received the FN on 9th/AUG/2021, file was submitted to federal on 26th/May/2020, after sucessfully linked the online account, i got a request letter today to refurnish the IMM5699 for perosnal and address history. i just wondering since we had already submitted a seperate form to include all the travel history last year , do i need to repeat the travel history again under the persoanl history, or just to list the continious work or study history for the past 10 years? and how about those travel happened in bewteen the work? Please help and advise, thank You.

Nikos1978

Jan 8, 2020
Quebec - Quebec City
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
AOR Received.
12-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
01-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2021
Hi Guys, i just received the FN on 9th/AUG/2021, file was submitted to federal on 26th/May/2020, after sucessfully linked the online account, i got a request letter today to refurnish the IMM5699 for perosnal and address history. i just wondering since we had already submitted a seperate form to include all the travel history last year , do i need to repeat the travel history again under the persoanl history, or just to list the continious work or study history for the past 10 years? and how about those travel happened in bewteen the work? Please help and advise, thank You.
Hi, you should send a complete document with all informations up to date.

Sleep

Aug 1, 2019
I have received my eCopr and submitted my photo and address confirmation on the pr portal. Been around two months and it is still under review. Realistically I’m not expecting things to move extremely quickly but was wondering how long approximately this stage took for others?

Reactions: Rumman

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
Hello guys, first time posting here. What does DF mean? Is this when you get your XEP number? I have CSQ and applied for PR in February 2021.
I have received an email with a XEP number in it like a month after sending the documents. BUT, I saw people saying that this is not an actual XEP number, and that usually one receives the real one like 6-7 months after you send the documents. Can you clarify this to me please? I'm an inland applicant.
Thank you

Nikos1978

Jan 8, 2020
Quebec - Quebec City
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-06-2020
AOR Received.
12-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
01-10-2021
VISA ISSUED...
16-10-2021
Hello guys, first time posting here. What does DF mean? Is this when you get your XEP number? I have CSQ and applied for PR in February 2021.
I have received an email with a XEP number in it like a month after sending the documents. BUT, I saw people saying that this is not an actual XEP number, and that usually one receives the real one like 6-7 months after you send the documents. Can you clarify this to me please? I'm an inland applicant.
Thank you
DF means Depot Federal in french or Federal deposit in English, so it's the date when your application is received by IRCC
The XEP number is a temporary AOR, you will receive the official AOR after at least one year.
For example I have been waiting for 14 months and no AOR yet.

LOLR1

Star Member
Aug 11, 2021
DF means Depot Federal in french or Federal deposit in English, so it's the date when your application is received by IRCC
The XEP number is a temporary AOR, you will receive the official AOR after at least one year.
For example I have been waiting for 14 months and no AOR yet.
Thank you for your reply. I saw that AOR usually takes that time yes, it is just that some people talked about a "real XEP"(sometimes referred as EP maybe?) after 6 or 7 months and then you get AOR (around those 14 months since DF). Or maybe I am just saying nonsense haha.