+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

bodem

Jun 3, 2019
hi guys ! what do you think about this :

Mr. Daniel Mills (Assistant Deputy Minister, Operations, Department of Citizenship and Immigration):

Good afternoon, Madam Chair.

I'd like to thank the member for his question.

Yes, we are facing a significant challenge when it comes to processing capacity. However, we are convinced that we can process the applications we received last week. The department plans to process 35,000 to 44,000 of the applications received last week by December 31.

As you know, we focus our efforts on clients already in Canada. The fact that they are here makes it easier to process their applications. For applicants outside the country, the approach is different and a bit more complex. In addition, restrictions vary by country.

We have no doubt that we can achieve

Source : IRCC 's Twitter

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
hi guys ! what do you think about this :

Mr. Daniel Mills (Assistant Deputy Minister, Operations, Department of Citizenship and Immigration):

Good afternoon, Madam Chair.

I'd like to thank the member for his question.

Yes, we are facing a significant challenge when it comes to processing capacity. However, we are convinced that we can process the applications we received last week. The department plans to process 35,000 to 44,000 of the applications received last week by December 31.

As you know, we focus our efforts on clients already in Canada. The fact that they are here makes it easier to process their applications. For applicants outside the country, the approach is different and a bit more complex. In addition, restrictions vary by country.

We have no doubt that we can achieve

Source : IRCC 's Twitter
I looked at their twitter, I didn’t see it.

I found it on another resource.

https://openparliament.ca/committees/immigration/43-2/30/daniel-mills-1/

They were talking about new pathway with 90000 people, not about QSWP.

Last edited:
Reactions: bodem and Immstu

Kostas

Jan 22, 2020
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
24-07-2020
AOR Received.
18-08-2021
Med's Request
22-09-2021
Med's Done....
25-09-2021
As far as I read, the MP(?) from Québec didn't even bother to ask about the QSW program, only about the new francophone pathway and then pass her remaining time for questioning.
Well, eventually I will get my PR and then citizenship and the time that they will ask for my vote will come. I will remind them how they had treated us. I hope all of you to remember how they are treating us. The supposedly high skilled workforce...

alderaan_resident

May 26, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
17-02-2020
AOR Received.
09-04-2021
Med's Request
26-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-06-2021
LANDED..........
2021-06-22
Like many February 2020 applicants, I got my Medical Request today. I also have invitation for Canadian Experience Class. I know the average waiting time is 28 months which is ridiculous. I cannot justify to remain in Quebec until May 2022 to get my PR. If I apply in CEC the average waiting time is 6 months. I see a lot of people here mentioned they are stuck. Besides relocating and finding a new job, what are other challenges that I'm missing?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Like many February 2020 applicants, I got my Medical Request today. I also have invitation for Canadian Experience Class. I know the average waiting time is 28 months which is ridiculous. I cannot justify to remain in Quebec until May 2022 to get my PR. If I apply in CEC the average waiting time is 6 months. I see a lot of people here mentioned they are stuck. Besides relocating and finding a new job, what are other challenges that I'm missing?
Relocation proves your intent cent-percent. Job search/offer is secondary.
All the best on your escape!

Reactions: alderaan_resident

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
As far as I read, the MP(?) from Québec didn't even bother to ask about the QSW program, only about the new francophone pathway and then pass her remaining time for questioning.
Well, eventually I will get my PR and then citizenship and the time that they will ask for my vote will come. I will remind them how they had treated us. I hope all of you to remember how they are treating us. The supposedly high skilled workforce...
Oh, we all will remember all this “experience” for sure.

alderaan_resident

May 26, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
17-02-2020
AOR Received.
09-04-2021
Med's Request
26-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-06-2021
LANDED..........
2021-06-22
Relocation proves your intent cent-percent. Job search/offer is secondary.
All the best on your escape!
Thank you so much. I wish Quebec program wasn't like this. Based on my understanding they give AOR base on the remaining quota for the current year. But it seems they don't issue PR on average 6 months after AOR like EE.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Thank you so much. I wish Quebec program wasn't like this. Based on my understanding they give AOR base on the remaining quota for the current year. But it seems they don't issue PR on average 6 months after AOR like EE.
There's no pattern. It's completely chaotic. Quebec abandoned its csq holders;IRCC doesn't give a damn. A random approvals here and there raises hopes of masses. All in all QSWP is the worst program out of all provinces. Those who are stuck have no choice but those who are thinking about it please exclude Quebec from your list. Move to YT, NL anywhere but not here. Here xenophobic retards decide fate of highly skilled people.

Reactions: alderaan_resident

thega

Mar 12, 2021
It wont happen but Canada should strike a deal with Quebec to take some of the Quebec selected applicants "Off their Hands" and let them move to another province. That is one solution to eliminate this mess.

alderaan_resident

May 26, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
17-02-2020
AOR Received.
09-04-2021
Med's Request
26-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-06-2021
LANDED..........
2021-06-22
It wont happen but Canada should strike a deal with Quebec to take some of the Quebec selected applicants "Off their Hands" and let them move to another province. That is one solution to eliminate this mess.
At the moment they don't have plans for people who are waiting in QSWP queue but they issued Open Work Permit under a Public Policy for former students in Canada. So no need to get a closed work permit. They also opened a bunch of immigration streams with the condition that the intention should be to settle outside Quebec.
I remember before I got my AOR, I tried to renew my Insurance Card. Even with XEP I wasn't eligible to renew it because I have an Open Work Permit and no AOR!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Or a mild big bang creating permanent fault line between Quebec and its border with Canada, finally ocean drifting it towards China, who embraces it as its colony united by communist God. Imagine Legault addressing national assembly in Mandarin thanking the Supreme Leader. There isn't any limit to possibilities.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
At the moment they don't have plans for people who are waiting in QSWP queue but they issued Open Work Permit under a Public Policy for former students in Canada. So no need to get a closed work permit. They also opened a bunch of immigration streams with the condition that the intention should be to settle outside Quebec.
I remember before I got my AOR, I tried to renew my Insurance Card. Even with XEP I wasn't eligible to renew it because I have an Open Work Permit and no AOR!
OWP public policy is a good step and helps those who go through grind of CWP in Quebec and most who are unemployed now would benefit a lot from it.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
18% of 51000 people so about 9000 persons are outland

I made an analyse on a french forum, I put the google translate version below :

51,000 people waiting, including 18% from outland, i.e. 9,000 outlands

Quota 2021 for the QSW: 24,200 people + 3,500 people catching up in 2020, i.e. 27,700 people in total.

They could therefore process 9,000 outlands and 18,700 inland in 2021.
Hello, does your study include those 2018 candidates that are still waiting? ie, the 9,000 outland pertain to which years, or is it a mix of 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 which add to the total outland number of 9,000? If not, then the numbers should differ for each year!

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
There are many people who are from the end of 2018 and beginning of 2019 still waiting their Medical requests.
I'm from 2019 and received my AOR in March 2021, and still waiting for my medicals request. This is a total mess. People from 2020 are receiving their medical request.