+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
What is the difference between QSW AND QSWP?? I do not read Mandarin, also the answers in the comment section in the article are pretty nasty ( At least in English)
It's QSW only I use P for program. Article repeatedly says Quebec only in English translation.

Italy

May 23, 2020
It certainly is depressing. Quebec and federal are deliberately creating this situation. Shame on them.
What about the long waiting time for the PR card? It used to be 3 weeks and now it's 4 months! Should only the federal be blamed for that? I sent my photo to Montreal and I wonder if in Quebec they are slower than in the rest of Canada.
I need that card to travel in September and even this step is making me ansious... like everything with IRCC.... :(

• Sad
Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
What about the long waiting time for the PR card? It used to be 3 weeks and now it's 4 months! Should only the federal be blamed for that? I sent my photo to Montreal and I wonder if in Quebec they are slower than in the rest of Canada.
I need that card to travel in September and even this step is making me ansious... like everything with IRCC.... :(
I am blaming both for this mess at every stage. Quebec started it, federal's getting sadistic pleasure out of it. Sufferers are those who chose this province.

alderaan_resident

May 26, 2021
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
17-02-2020
AOR Received.
09-04-2021
Med's Request
26-05-2021
Med's Done....
03-06-2021
LANDED..........
2021-06-22
I think most of us when enter into this frustrating path, we only see the next step and we don't care about the waiting time for other steps. First getting a CSQ; then AOR; COPR and finally PR. By the way, after getting your COPR and before getting your PR card what are you missing the most? I know you cannot enter Canada without Visa if you're not from a Visa-exempt country. But you can get a permanent SIN number.

Italy

May 23, 2020
I think most of us when enter into this frustrating path, we only see the next step and we don't care about the waiting time for other steps. First getting a CSQ; then AOR; COPR and finally PR. By the way, after getting your COPR and before getting your PR card what are you missing the most? I know you cannot enter Canada without Visa if you're not from a Visa-exempt country. But you can get a permanent SIN number.
You cannot enter Canada without the PR card or the permanent resident travel document (PRTD) that you need to request and receive while abroad. There are unknown waiting times and charges for it (of course!) so I really want to avoid it! I would need to request it from another region, which is 600 Km away from where I will be staying. Again, it would be a pain.
There is no visa option available.
That's my main problem.
The other minor problem is that the RAMQ card is renewed only for 1 year, with the CoPR, while it is renewed for 5 years if you have the card. Another non-sense and another avoidable bureaucratic annoyance.

Italy

May 23, 2020
Last fall I was worried to leave Canada because I could have received the medical request any time. And then the CoPR any time. One year after, because of the card, I am still worried when planning to leave Canada. It's honestly frustrating. I need to go to my country 1-2 times a year, for family reasons, and I feel trapped here.

Last edited:

bleachedaxe

Oct 6, 2010
Hello, need some advise. I am a May 2020 inland applicant. In my application I didn’t submitted PCC from india as last year May everything was shut down in India but I gave written explanation that I will be sending it as soon as things open up. I received my PCC in July and I tried contacting IRCC through webform but they said they cannot add any documents until my file is acknowledged/online.
I got XEP last year Nov but still waiting for my AOR and not sure what I can do now. My PCC is about to get expire as it’s only valid for 1 year. Any ideas or advice will help.
Thanks
Same situation as you, however I got the a notice of reception for the updated documents today. Still dont have the AOR, only the XEP.

Reactions: Immstu and Rumman

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Same situation as you, however I got the a notice of reception for the updated documents today. Still dont have the AOR, only the XEP.
If I get it right - You got PCC request with your XEP number only.
That reaffirms my assumption that they start working on your application even with XEP number.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
PR card delivery was total of 10 days ~ 2 years ago.

Now it is 120 days. Nowhere in the world, printing a card takes 4 months.
It is machine printing and sending via postal service.
I think they try to slow down immigration process as much as they can in every possible phases.

Reactions: Italy

ValeriaS

Sep 19, 2019
Quebec
If I get it right - You got PCC request with your XEP number only.
That reaffirms my assumption that they start working on your application even with XEP number.
I have this feeling too.
Because what I see now: after AOR ppl get invitation to medical and DM pretty soon (it take few months in general for them).

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I have this feeling too.
Because what I see now: after AOR ppl get invitation to medical and DM pretty soon (it take few months in general for them).
Agree with your point.
In OP's case other situation may have been - submission of PCC on XEP number without being asked for and IRCC then gave them notice of reception of documents update.

Waiting on them to clarify but this is for sure that agents don't shelve your file after XEP but after AR (issued on quota basis) process is streamlined.

Reactions: alderaan_resident

thega

Mar 12, 2021