+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
I had posted very similar explanation few days ago but framing words differently. My perspective is that we cannot bkame CAQ govt either. Majority chose the government democratically (unless otherwise...but it is a different discussion) and majority quebecoise wants less immigration and so are the policies pleasing them. Unless people of quebec change thier views govt policies will not change.

"We" chose this province and so will have to digest the fact that we are living the hatred first hand. Being immigrants all we can do like you said is not vote for CAQ - "which is the CRYSTAL CLEAR reason why they do not want immigrants in quebec". CAQ have thier vote banj calculations based on which the quota numbers will change and only when thier favourable votebank allows the change so it will not affevt in elections.
Well, believe it or not, I do know some immigrants who voted for CAQ when they acquired the right to vote... how ironic!
I am not sure about CAQ policies to please anti-immigration voters, as they have been issuing hundreds of CSQs for new applicants recently.
Indeed the pandemic has nothing to do with the delay, I do believe that they simply could not work it out the right way, maybe it is something that has to do with the process and their outdated system. maybe its bureaucracy, unalignment between CAQ & IRCC.... the list goes on....
I do hope things turn good soon for all of us.... Good Luck

Last edited:
Reactions: aeya

condor3

Dec 24, 2019
I had posted very similar explanation few days ago but framing words differently. My perspective is that we cannot bkame CAQ govt either. Majority chose the government democratically (unless otherwise...but it is a different discussion) and majority quebecoise wants less immigration and so are the policies pleasing them. Unless people of quebec change thier views govt policies will not change.

"We" chose this province and so will have to digest the fact that we are living the hatred first hand. Being immigrants all we can do like you said is not vote for CAQ - "which is the CRYSTAL CLEAR reason why they do not want immigrants in quebec". CAQ have thier vote banj calculations based on which the quota numbers will change and only when thier favourable votebank allows the change so it will not affevt in elections.
What is unfair is to change the rules during the process and to apply them retroactively. With respect to CAQ, IRCC, new rules should be applied to new candidates not for those who has been in the process may be a couple years after CAQ was created. It's frustrating to think that by choosing this program instead if another we have to wait several additional years to get to the same point as other provinces candidates or other coutries immigration program.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
If you are already in Canada with another statut (even teporary resident), half if the time is counted for citizenship.
Up to a maximum of 1 year. You can spend 6 years inside and in the end, will count just 1 for citizenship.

Reactions: mtlog and Italy

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Well, believe it or not, I do know some immigrants who voted for CAQ when they acquired the right to vote... how ironic!
I am not sure about CAQ policies to please anti-immigration voters, as they have been issuing hundreds of CSQs for new applicants recently.
Indeed the pandemic has nothing to do with the delay, I do believe that they simply could not work it out the right way, maybe it is something that has to do with the process and their outdated system. maybe its bureaucracy, unalignment between CAQ & IRCC.... the list goes on....
I do hope things turn good soon for all of us.... Good Luck
If you read my post again, I said "IF" the CAQ votebank allows (so that CAQ supporters are still in majority) the immigration quota numbers will increase.

I'm sure CAQ policy makers have thier calculation as to why they need only french speaking immigrants more in number as they "would" prefer CAQ government? (majority of french speaking liberals would prefer other provinces in my opinion).

As i said i think the delay is well anticipated and it will not change until (and IF) the government changes in next election (2023?)

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
True, as someone from march 2020 got it and august 2019 is still waiting, clearly they dont respect the statement”it will be processed according to the date it was recd.” i am just hoping that all of 2019 will get it by the mid year
27 months processing tkme is still the same!!

Jan 2020 AOR estimated completion dates are april 2022 and Mar 2020 completion date is June 2022. Where as August 2019 application taget date eill be accordingly and probably Dec 2021.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019

Jan 2020 AOR estimated completion dates are april 2022 and Mar 2020 completion date is June 2022. Where as August 2019 application taget date eill be accordingly and probably Dec 2021.
From a Facebook group today.

Yesss! Enfin c mon tour !

DF: 4 juillet 2019
AR: 22 août 2019
IVM: 18 février 2021
VM: 20 février 2021
VMF: 26 février 2021
LSAA: 5 mars 2021
DP: 13 mars 2021
CRP: 16 mars 2021

Bon courage à tous ❤

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019

Another from a different Facebook group:

DF:14 Août 2019
AR: 12 février 2021.
VMF: 10 mars
DP: 16 mars

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Another from a different Facebook group:

DF:14 Août 2019
AR: 12 février 2021.
VMF: 10 mars
DP: 16 mars
As I said before there isn't any order followed by IRCC. A gap of 8 months approximately in these two applications AOR but same dates (almost) for dp. CAQ government has screwed the complete federal process by its quota choking which IRCC finds incapable of handling anymore. Not a single government functionary of current government has raised this issue with IRCC. Besides applicants Quebec companies are also suffering as people are tired of this drama.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
As I said before there isn't any order followed by IRCC. A gap of 8 months approximately in these two applications AOR but same dates (almost) for dp. CAQ government has screwed the complete federal process by its quota choking which IRCC finds incapable of handling anymore. Not a single government functionary of current government has raised this issue with IRCC. Besides applicants Quebec companies are also suffering as people are tired of this drama.
I understand your point. My comment was more about two applications processed in 20 and 19 months.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Another one today:

Omggggg!!! J'en reviens pas les amis!!
DF : 05/12/19
AR : 01/02/21
LSAA : 12/02/21
IVM : 16/02/21
VM : 17/02/21
VMF : 20/02/21
DP : 17/03/21!!!!!!!!!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Another one today:

Omggggg!!! J'en reviens pas les amis!!
DF : 05/12/19
AR : 01/02/21
LSAA : 12/02/21
IVM : 16/02/21
VM : 17/02/21
VMF : 20/02/21
DP : 17/03/21!!!!!!!!!
This one's only 16 months. Which nationality. Seems background/security gone too fast.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
This one's only 16 months. Which nationality. Seems background/security gone too fast.
I have a friend with his family and also they received today's decision made. They are Latin Americans like me.

Their file is from November 2019, a family of 4 inland and none of their children were born in Canada.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I have a friend with his family and also they received today's decision made. They are Latin Americans like me.

Their file is from November 2019, a family of 4 inland and none of their children were born in Canada.
Great news! Congratulations to you and them. Hope others get relief soon.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Great news! Congratulations to you and them. Hope others get relief soon.
I'm still waiting but very happy for all the people getting their approval of permanent resident.

Reactions: Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I'm still waiting but very happy for all the people getting their approval of permanent resident.
Agree. I congratulated you on being happy (for others) in Quebec. This's one of the most difficult task for those waiting on their PR.
All the best!

Reactions: aeya