+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Guys I need your advice
My permanent residence application is in process since 01 .2019 last update i got on March 2020 since that date nothing moved
Can I do medical examination upfront or shall I wait for medical examination request to be sent by responsible office . Outland application
Kindly advise please
It’s complicated with outland applications right now. Nobody knows when IRCC will let immigrants from outside Canada enter the country. Better wait for request of IRCC, you risk expiration.

Reactions: NaughtyGoodman

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Has anyone heard of any new 2018 applicants getting a "decision made" lately? In the Facebook group, I saw 2 posts that got DM and they had applied in early Nov 2018.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.
Yesterday I saw someone from November 2018 who received the COPR.

• Love

Leokun

May 25, 2018
This already changed a long time ago, pls go to the MIFI website and register yourself! they will assign you to the nearest institutions, other than that you will get some allowances too.
Thank you for the information! It’a nice that they changed it. Now I have close work permit about to expire.

• Sad

Anas.kiblawi

Jan 3, 2020
Hi all, below is my application time line, no medical request till now. Does this feel even normal:

We received your application for permanent residence on December 31, 2018.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 23, 2019.

We started processing your application on December 16, 2019.

Outland applicant.

Reactions: AlaAlrashaeideh

Italy

May 23, 2020
Hi all, below is my application time line, no medical request till now. Does this feel even normal:

We received your application for permanent residence on December 31, 2018.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on March 23, 2019.

We started processing your application on December 16, 2019.

Outland applicant.
Very normal unfortunately. I have very similar dates and I am inland, so not covid travel restriction excuses.

Reactions: AlaAlrashaeideh

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
Hi everyone, I just wanted to chime in to say that I hope everyone is taking good care of their mental health and overall well-being during this time. I too, like all of us, feel very stressed when facing this uncertainty regarding the future. It is truly an exhausting process, and I hope that we aren't left in the cold for much longer. Not receiving an AOR after applying in October 2019 leaves me wondering what to do if my application is returned, as well as how to handle the upcoming end of my work permit in 7 months. I have given this country so much of my time, money, and energy but I can't face any more hurdles should something go wrong, it is excruciating to live with the low-grade stress of not knowing how the future will go.
Dear Freind

To convert your PGWP to closed work permit or to extend your Closed work permit, don't forget you should submit your application at least 1 month before the expiry date of your status. This is the Rule.

If you are in Quebec, you can only get closed work permit.
If you fall in new covid policy for PGWP, you can extend your PGWP.

Remember, for closed work permit, you always need an employer. It can be a new employer or the current one you are working with.

With CSQ, you only get exemption from LMIA. It does not mean you get a work permit. Only employer can help you for closed work permit.
It means you employer doesn't need to apply to get a LMIA application for you. Your employer just need to create a LMIA-exempt Offer of employment for you at Employment Portal. It's very simple process (30 min) but it depends on employer they are interested or not. Hope, this info will help you out.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC

memdan

Star Member
Feb 5, 2013
I have a question about process time.

I applied for PR in Aug2020. I received my XEP Number in Dec2020. I don't know when they will give me a permanent file Number.
If I read the following lines from my XEP letter, I get disappointed about process time.

Application received:
We confirm that your application is received and in queue for review. No information or action is required from you at this time.
Please note that this letter does not confirm your application is in process.

It means that yet they have not started process in my application.

Lets consider the following example.
If they issue me permanent file number in Jul2021, will my process time (27month) start from July2021? This is my concern. Is my concern correct? or are they gonna speed up process time in near future?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017

I applied for PR in Aug2020. I received my XEP Number in Dec2020. I don't know when they will give me a permanent file Number.
If I read the following lines from my XEP letter, I get disappointed about process time.

Application received:
We confirm that your application is received and in queue for review. No information or action is required from you at this time.

If they issue me permanent file number in Jul2021, will my process time (27month) start from July2021? This is my concern. Is my concern correct? or are they gonna speed up process time in near future?
Any concern regarding stuck QSWP files is well meaning.

Those from July-Dec 2019 who received their AOR and were able to connect their application in IRCC portal saw their progress bar around 80%. So time your file spent in Oblivion would still be counted.

All the best.

Reactions: memdan

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Dear Freind

To convert your PGWP to closed work permit or to extend your Closed work permit, don't forget you should submit your application at least 1 month before the expiry date of your status. This is the Rule.
Are you sure that it is 1 month before expiration? I think before expiration is good, non?

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017

Application received:

Count 27 months from Aug 2020.

November 2022 would be the 27 months limit for you if processing time won’t be extended anymore.

When I applied it was 17 months. I don’t expect that will get better unless they issue several thousand of bulk DMs for whom have already completed the average processing time in this Spring.

Italy

May 23, 2020
"At least one month before expiry date of your status" is written on the back side of your work permit.
Read back side of your work permit.
As far as I know it is only recommended to renew it at least 1 month before. I renewed it after that, as I was waiting for my company, and it was still fine.