+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

splat_plume

Star Member
Jan 13, 2021
Hi everyone, I just wanted to chime in to say that I hope everyone is taking good care of their mental health and overall well-being during this time. I too, like all of us, feel very stressed when facing this uncertainty regarding the future. It is truly an exhausting process, and I hope that we aren't left in the cold for much longer. Not receiving an AOR after applying in October 2019 leaves me wondering what to do if my application is returned, as well as how to handle the upcoming end of my work permit in 7 months. I have given this country so much of my time, money, and energy but I can't face any more hurdles should something go wrong, it is excruciating to live with the low-grade stress of not knowing how the future will go.
It's tough but try to look on the bright side - you have a csq so you're pretty much garunteed your PR. If you have your work permit, you can use your UCI number and maybe try and look up your application on ECAS? Also, with the expiry of your work permit, you'll be able to renew it using your CSQ since you already have an application in progress. You don't need an LMIA or anything of the sort. It'll be alright.

a nervous applicant

Aug 9, 2019
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
19-10-2019
AOR Received.
04-03-2021
Med's Request
09-04-2021
Med's Done....
12-04-2021
LANDED..........
03-08-2021
It's tough but try to look on the bright side - you have a csq so you're pretty much garunteed your PR. If you have your work permit, you can use your UCI number and maybe try and look up your application on ECAS? Also, with the expiry of your work permit, you'll be able to renew it using your CSQ since you already have an application in progress. You don't need an LMIA or anything of the sort. It'll be alright.
Thank you. I hope that it will be alright for you too. I wish things were easier and took less time and money, especially when looking at how other provinces handle their perspective immigrants... Good luck to us! :) <3

Reactions: aeya

Graciegrace

Feb 17, 2021
I have the same thought too, I just extended my work permit, and recently the IRCC website was hacked, it was like hell uploading! if you want to extend, is best by paper, u can extend at least 3 months before the expiry date.
let's wish each other all the best!

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi everyone, I just wanted to chime in to say that I hope everyone is taking good care of their mental health and overall well-being during this time. I too, like all of us, feel very stressed when facing this uncertainty regarding the future. It is truly an exhausting process, and I hope that we aren't left in the cold for much longer. Not receiving an AOR after applying in October 2019 leaves me wondering what to do if my application is returned, as well as how to handle the upcoming end of my work permit in 7 months. I have given this country so much of my time, money, and energy but I can't face any more hurdles should something go wrong, it is excruciating to live with the low-grade stress of not knowing how the future will go.
You are not alone, I understand how you feel! I have to extend my work permit in two months for second time (apparently its possible) So it can be worst :)
I hope you get your AOR soon!

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Your stress and anxiety like thousands in similar situation is legitimate and understandable. Quebec has abandoned those who it chose to progress its economy and culture and federal doesn't give a damn. Atleast now federal is coming out (soon) with a public policy of not returning PR files of those applicants whose csq is expiring in six months or less. Too little, too late. My caq brethrens are still sleeping over the plight of prospective migrants it chose. I Know of five applicants who moved out of Quebec because of this continual harassment and extrapolating it there maybe hundreds if not thousands, french and non french speakers both.
Hope something good turns out for all those still stuck here. We are responsible for our wrong choices.

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Your stress and anxiety like thousands in similar situation is legitimate and understandable. Quebec has abandoned those who it chose to progress its economy and culture and federal doesn't give a damn. Atleast now federal is coming out (soon) with a public policy of not returning PR files of those applicants whose csq is expiring in six months or less. Too little, too late. My caq brethrens are still sleeping over the plight of prospective migrants it chose. I Know of five applicants who moved out of Quebec because of this continual harassment and extrapolating it there maybe hundreds if not thousands, french and non french speakers both.
Hope something good turns out for all those still stuck here. We are responsible for our wrong choices.
I don't mind waiting if Quebec gives me some privileges and security but the constant fear of expired work permits, RAMQ, you can't have a mortgage or study even French, it is a little bit too much. When I started the journey the processing time was 17 months. Now, I'm over double! I have a friends too, who left for Toronto. They had a very good income, nice family, but living on work permit on a yearly basis is a nightmare in Quebec. Everything is a problem, except paying your taxes! Finding the bright side it's not always easy :)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I don't mind waiting if Quebec gives me some privileges and security but the constant fear of expired work permits, RAMQ, you can't have a mortgage or study even French, it is a little bit too much. When I started the journey the processing time was 17 months. Now, I'm over double! I have a friends too, who left for Toronto. They had a very good income, nice family, but living on work permit on a yearly basis is a nightmare in Quebec. Everything is a problem, except paying your taxes! Finding the bright side it's not always easy :)
Agree. Couldn't have said it better.

Worse is they still show 17 months for new application and as soon as you apply it changes to 27 months.

A deadly cocktail of pseudonationalism in the garb of propagating french and bullying/harassment of hardworking prospective migrants will certainly have repercussions for Quebec in long run, if not now.

Reactions: AlaAlrashaeideh

Graciegrace

Feb 17, 2021
there is a lot of free francization that you can follow! compare to other provinces, it is a lot easier, just u need to have French B2.

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
does it matter where we are from?
I have asked to questions to myself many times. In summary, we have no control whatsoever over what they'll do with our applications.

You can provide all documents, be a good citizen, do a medical exam in advance (if you can figure out how to do that), but the sad reality is that they can still delay your application without any explanation. If they delay for more that 3-4 years or so you can probably hire a lawyer and sue them or something like that.

As for security check, that's a different ballgame altogether. It can take anywhere between 2 days to 2 years. Though very less is known about the details, I've read that a person's file can be "randomly" chosen for detailed analysis is they're from a specify country, if they're married to a foreigner, if they've traveled a lot, if they've visited specific covers countries, or if their name starts with a specific letter.

So, I'd suggest you to relax and accept the fact that we can be just an observer to these series of unfortunate events. And please know that we are all on the same boat. Don't worry. It's just a matter of time... Though "how much time" is something I wonder every hour.

And if for some reason you wish to get your residence as soon as possible, and if you're not completely committed to the QSWP yet, you can withdraw your application and migrate to a different province under a different program (or maybe even a different country as a matter of fact). Should you choose to continue with Quebec, the only option, most unfortunately, is to wait.

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
there is a lot of free francization that you can follow! compare to other provinces, it is a lot easier, just u need to have French B2.
I learnt French and got b2 in 6 months. I got my CSQ under the old PEQ program. However, my application is still moving like a snail while people who applied 8 months after me have gotten their PR.

I think the people who got their CSQ under the new rules (of the new govt) are the ones whose applications are being processed faster. That's just speculation though.

NaughtyGoodman

Star Member
Jan 15, 2021
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Has anyone heard of any new 2018 applicants getting a "decision made" lately? In the Facebook group, I saw 2 posts that got DM and they had applied in early Nov 2018.

I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Ragheb

Feb 3, 2017
Guys I need your advice
My permanent residence application is in process since 01 .2019 last update i got on March 2020 since that date nothing moved
Can I do medical examination upfront or shall I wait for medical examination request to be sent by responsible office . Outland application
Kindly advise please

UAEAbudhabi2019

Star Member
Aug 1, 2019
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
16/03/2014
Doc's Request.
22/05/2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
03-02-2021
File Transfer...
27-05-2021
Med's Request
14-12-2021
Med's Done....
15-12-2021
Passport Req..
14-01-2022
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2022
how does this AOR look like? I don't remember I received anything like this? I was asked to do a medical check-up in July 2019 and some other documents in Sept 2019, after that no news at all. my MP helped me to ask since November 2020, they said I will be asked to do a medical check-up soon but no news again
please kindly advise! thank you!

It's an email from IRCC acknowledging the reciept of your application. This email contains your UCI(xxxxxxxxxx) and Application Number (EPxxxxxxxx).