+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Yurvashy

Sep 1, 2020
Yes thats absolutely correct, as long as we have applied for work permit renewal, our RAMQ , will be extended for another 6 months :

https://www.cicnews.com/2020/05/quebec-extends-health-coverage-for-temporary-foreign-workers-0514287.html/amp
In this article, they give you the definition of "valid implied status". Go read it one more time and you'll understand my point! I'll give you another example; John has a valid PGWP which is expiring next month. PGWP cannot be renewed and hence, John needs to apply for an employer specific work permit if he wants to continue working. Since the employer specific work permit will be a new type of work permit, he has to cease working when his PGWP expires and that, until he gets a decision about his new work permit. There's no "implied status".

Sam has an employer specific work permit which is expiring soon. He needs to renew it with the same employer. Before his current work permit expires, he submits his application to renew. Since it's a work permit with the same employer, Sam benefits from "implied status". He can continue working and he can apply for RAMQ extension!
You'll also find IRCC's definition of implied status on their Website! As a paralegal working in the immigration field, I do keep myself well informed.

Last edited:

Yurvashy

Sep 1, 2020
That is not true. Since Spring 2020, we are able to renew the RAMQ card, simply sending them a proof that we submitted the work permit renewal application before its expirity. It would be horrible otherwise, as the waiting time for the work permit renewal is now 6 months. It would be 6 months of paying taxes and not being covered by RAMQ!
And we do benefit from Implicit status in Quebec. We can work while waiting for a renewed permit. I have been there once and doing that again for the second time...
If you are renewing/extending a work permit with the same employer, yes, you can continue working under the same conditions. However, if you are applying for a new work permit, there is no implicit status. You need to stop working! That's what I have been trying to explain! On IRCC's Website, they give you the definition of implicit status! You "renewed" your work permit, that's why you benefitted from having an implicit status. If you were changing from PGWP (which cannot be renewed) to an employer specific work permit, you'd not have had any implicit status. You'd have had to stop working. If you apply for a work permit with a new employer (not your previous employer), you need to stop working.

Last edited:
Reactions: Archi hassen

Uniqueusername

Nov 26, 2019
Hey everyone, so I applied for PR November 30th 2018. AOR feb 2019.
Pre arrival services September 15 2020.
MR November 1st 2020
Medical passed November 8th 2020
now waiting...
My processing bar is 100% completed (as of September 30th 2020).
Inland applicant. Sidney office.

anyone who has a similar timeline who has received an answer?

thanks
Hey, thats great that you're this far ahead. Im nov 2018 and haven't heard anything since pre arrival letter in march. Waiting for medical request.
How many applicants are you?

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hey, thats great that you're this far ahead. Im nov 2018 and haven't heard anything since pre arrival letter in march. Waiting for medical request.
How many applicants are you?
I am assuming your medical expired by now right? My status bar was green since May 2020. Am waiting since then for DM. Is it Sydney office you applied for in federal stage? If so, I have been following many posts whereby it seems that Sydney office is slow due to less employees working during this epidemic.

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Well expounded by you and bleachedaxe.
If Quebec genuinely wants immigrants who are well integrated and are contributing to their economy on a continual basis, they need to start with those present here and companies are always open to look outside if they can't find a resource locally.
Quebec providing this facility aswell to the companies for accessing talent directly from the pool. I think its like provincial nomination in other provinces.
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/11/quebec-launches-direct-employer-immigrant-recruitment-portal-1116288.html

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Inland applicants get their CSQs faster than outlands with Quebec's PEQ program.
They are already prioritized.
(For ex. I applied for CSQ in Oct 2014 and got it in Nov 2018 - It took 49 months for me.)

Also, all additional points such as integration, French language, Quebec educational history, etc. give extra points to inland applicants in the CSQ stage. This is already a huge advantage.

But...
In federal processing, there are no checks for integration concerns, language, or education because these are already done in the CSQ phase by MIDI. PR processing in IRCC is normally straightforward and equal for all applicants regardless of their physical location.

So; the application should be processed in FIFO format or chronological order.
It is totally normal that an applicant who is applied 1 year before others should get his DM first.

And for we are paying our "taxes" argument;
People are paying taxes and they are getting benefits of all municipal and governmental services while they are living in Canada.
This is the cost of living and something people benefit from hospitals to post offices, subway lines to thrash collection.
Paying taxes does not make someone privileged at all, it is something everybody has to do.
Good explanation! But just because the borders are closed and there is no way for new immigrants to enter canada unless PR is approved, It only makes sense to process inland applications just to clear the clog and as soon as the borders open outland applications can be processed in a breeze.

FIFO makes sense in federal stage but it all depends on how complicated/time consuming each application is. I really hope IRCC doesn't work this way where officers do not look at another application unless the one in hand is processed and done. That is not efficient and will keep the few working staff stuck with few complicated files for a long time as others just wait.

Gset

Star Member
Nov 4, 2020
Hello, this might not be the right forum but I feel there are others too that might have similar queries. we are fortunates to be in Quebec, our PR processing is taking ages. During this period if I want to invite my parents, only option I have is visitor visa.
now due to covid, cic has specific section for family members of temporary residents.We need to have a written travel authorization from cic. Does anyone have applied for it recently? What should be the reason of travel to qualify under non-discretionary? Pl advise.

Bafnamit

Star Member
Apr 4, 2019
what does DM mean in ECAS? the application is approved?
DM means the decision is made on application and normally it is approved if there is no issue with the application. Below is definition of Decision made from ECAS site

DECISION MADE

(A decision has been made at this point.)

Medical Results Received by IRCC
We have received your medical results. We will contact you only if additional tests are needed.

Approval Status Determined
Your application will be either approved or rejected. We will inform you of the decision in writing.

Permanent Residence Status Determined
If your application is approved, we will send you your permanent resident documentation and a letter saying what we need to finalize your permanent residence.

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, hope you are all safe there...

Yesterday, i received the following e-mail:

"We have your document. Thank you!
We send messages to your account if we need anything from you. When we do this, we will also send you an email. Learn more about what to expect while you wait for us to process your request."

My last document update was in August 2020..... any clue ?

Rana H

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
I

We send messages to your account if we need anything from you. When we do this, we will also send you an email. Learn more about what to expect while you wait for us to process your request."

I received this message too. And also my updated document was in August 2020. I'm Outland Dec 2018 applicant. Sydney office. What about u? What's your timeline?

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I

I received this message too. And also my updated document was in August 2020. I'm Outland Dec 2018 applicant. Sydney office. What about u? What's your timeline?
I am outland too, here is the timeline:
App# May2019
AOR/BIO # August 2019
Pr-arrival# August 2020

candys

Oct 20, 2020
hello, I ordered GCSM notes recently, and in my latest note, which back to Jan.3rd 2020, it shows:
Criminality: PA: RCMP Screening: No reportable trace PA Police certificate- to be reviewed
Criminality decision on hold-- additional info required

but I never see anything on my CIC or ECAS or email asking me to provide additional info
is this normal?
ty

manisg

Nov 20, 2020
I just received email with this letter. It is an ackledgement slip like Canada post. I guess around 40K temp application number issued so far. :)

UCI: xxxxxxxxx
Temporary Application No.: EP00409xxx

Good day xxxx,
Thank you for your interest in Canada. Due to inventory growth and the impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we are encountering delays in processing. We are sending you this letter to let you know that your application for permanent residence has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on 2020-06-11, on behalf of xxxx and family (if applicable).
Application received
We confirm that your application is received and in queue for review. No information or action is required from you at this time. Please note that this letter does not confirm your application is in process.
Temporary application number
We provided you with a temporary application number if you need to contact us regarding your application. This application number is temporary and will no longer be valid once processing begins. You cannot link a paper application to your online account using a temporary number.
Next steps
We will assess your application to ensure it is complete, and provide you with a permanent application number.
Processing times
You may visit our processing times page to find out how long it may take to process your application. We are encountering delays as a result of COVID-19 and we can’t provide you with an exact timeframe as to when the processing of your application will begin. Visit Canada.ca/IRCC-COVID19 for information on how the coronavirus is affecting immigration services.
When should I contact IRCC? You must let us know via the IRCC Webform if there are changes to your application:
 Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
 Change of contact information such as e-mail address, mailing address, or telephone number
 You appoint or change an immigration representative or designated individual
 You decide to withdraw your application
Sincerely,
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Ljcar

Jun 20, 2019

I also received the same message last week and when I went in my gckey account it shows that they are finally reviewing my criminal records which I sent to them in July. I felt good and bad at the same time. Good because at least there is some movement in my file. Bad because I thought they would have already reviewed those criminal records and I find out that only now they are opening a document I sent several months back.

Received in sidney March 2019
Aor may 2019
Request for criminal records and pre arrival may 2020
Criminal records sent July 2020
Medical done upfront Oct 2020
Received communication that they are reviewing my criminal records Nov 2020