+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Hello everyone! I am new to this tread. I had recently submitted my PR application to Sydney (in July). I was wondering if anyone knows how long should I be expecting to get DM or PPR? Any input is appreciated. Thank you so much!
Welcome to forum.

If you’ve submitted your application on July 2020, unfortunately you have a long waiting period ahead - if IRCC processing will continue like this.

Now, 2020 applicants are piling up and no MR/DM for even most of the 2018 and none of 2019 applicants yet.

It would be a big surprise if you get PR before 2022 World Cup.

Reactions: Immstu

cemrocks

Feb 23, 2020
Hi friends,
Good news to share. Finally I received PPR after a long wait. Even though the mail states that we are not allowed to travel due to restrictions in place, it's still good to know that our files are progressing. Thanks to all who answered my queries here and I hope we are all getting close to our dream of landing. Adding my timeline below.

Applied on: Oct 2018
AOR: Jan 2019
visa location: Singapore
Transferred to visa office Singapore: Dec 2019
pre-arrival, Medical and PCC on June 18, 2020
Medical completed: 26 June 2020
Medical Submitted to IRCC on 06 July 2020
Passport request on 22 Oct 2020

Mrletterbox

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Hi friends,
Good news to share. Finally I received PPR after a long wait. Even though the mail states that we are not allowed to travel due to restrictions in place, it's still good to know that our files are progressing. Thanks to all who answered my queries here and I hope we are all getting close to our dream of landing. Adding my timeline below.

Many Congratulations!!!!!!

Reactions: cemrocks

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Hi friends,

Congrats.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html#exempt

Due to the official IRCC website,
People who have been approved to become a permanent resident of Canada, but who are not yet permanent residents are exempt from travel restrictions.

After you get your passports, you can land without any problem.

bsrogen

Star Member
Sep 23, 2012
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Montreal/HK
NOC Code......
U085
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
30-09-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with app filed, app recieved 04-10-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2014
IELTS Request
IELTS band 6.0, TEF B1/B2 sent with app filed
File Transfer...
November 2019
Med's Request
19-06-2020
Med's Done....
25-06-2020
Passport Req..
22 Oct 2020
Dear friends,
I have just received PPR too,
my timeline is:
Applied on: Oct 2018 outland
AOR: Dec 2019
Transferred to visa office Singapore: November 2019
Medical Submitted to IRCC on 03 July 2020
Decision made : 30 Sept 2020
Hope good news come to everyone soon.

Montreal_grad_student

May 31, 2018
Montreal
Category........
QSW
NOC Code......
4021/ 4012 / 4031
What is the XEP number that everyone is talking about that you can get if send them a webform request?
Some people claim that if you contact them via webform, they will confirm receipt of your application with an XEP number. This is a temporary number that just confirms the physical presence of your file.
However, I tweeted at IRCC and asked about this, they said it's not possible to get confirmation of receipt and XEP number....

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
XEP only shows that your file is reached. Nothing more.
Your postal service could even give this information to you.
It is not a proof that your file is complete and it is not an AOR.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
XEP only shows that your file is reached. Nothing more.
Your postal service could even give this information to you.
It is not a proof that your file is complete and it is not an AOR.
Where you find official information about that? How the postal service could give you this number?

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Where you find official information about that? How the postal service could give you this number?
Postal service can’t give you a XEP number.

They can tell you that whether your application package is delivered to IRCC office successfully or not.

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Hi friends,

Did they send you message in your IRCC account and email too ?

rutils

Star Member
Aug 26, 2020
Ottawa
Hello Friends,
Does CSQ with premium processing will help/improve federal application processing timeline? If I submit paper application this month without police certificates, what is the practical expected date for acknowledgement ?

And do we need to submit new police certificate if I had old police certificate and never visited that country after issuing the police certificate??

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Hello Friends,
Does CSQ with premium processing will help/improve federal application processing timeline? If I submit paper application this month without police certificates, what is the practical expected date for acknowledgement ?

And do we need to submit new police certificate if I had old police certificate and never visited that country after issuing the police certificate??
I'm not sure what you mean by premium processing. (Like a sign from premier Legault on the CSQ?) As per the posts in this forums all candidates with AORs applied before July 2019. So if you submit this month you can expect AOR not before Dec 2021 (yes 2021). That is if we start seeing applicants from July 2019 receiving AORs, if not then i do not think anybody has any answers for the million $ questions "when can i expect anything regarding QSWP".

I think Police certs are valid for min of 6months to 1 year depending on the country. But i'm not 100% sure. The application guide does mention to send application with police certificates to avoid delay. So its upto the individual whether to reduce the delay with his application by incuding it before hand.

Reactions: rutils and Immstu

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
I'm not sure what you mean by premium processing. (Like a sign from premier Legault on the CSQ?) As per the posts in this forums all candidates with AORs applied before July 2019. So if you submit this month you can expect AOR not before Dec 2021 (yes 2021). That is if we start seeing applicants from July 2019 receiving AORs, if not then i do not think anybody has any answers for the million $ questions "when can i expect anything regarding QSWP".

I think Police certs are valid for min of 6months to 1 year depending on the country. But i'm not 100% sure. The application guide does mention to send application with police certificates to avoid delay. So its upto the individual whether to reduce the delay with his application by incuding it before hand.
I like the premier Legault analogy. My cousin in Quebec calls him Supreme Commander Lego. No one knows the csq code inside closed envelopes piled up and waiting for Lego to announce the yearly quota.

Just curious as to police cert. if the files haven't been opened since July 2019 don't they expire? Better to provide them whenever they ask for it in few years.

Reactions: rutils and Metwally

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
I like the premier Legault analogy. My cousin in Quebec calls him Supreme Commander Lego. No one knows the csq code inside closed envelopes piled up and waiting for Lego to announce the yearly quota.

Just curious as to police cert. if the files haven't been opened since July 2019 don't they expire? Better to provide them whenever they ask for it in few years.
Police cert mostly expire during processing and they ask for it again. I'm expecting all applicants since july 2019 might have to submit police certs again.