+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
YOu cant do an upfront medical exam. You need the letter from IRCC first.
This is not correct. You can do upfront medical examination.

But it is not a suggested way.

Some panel physicians - only in some countries - accept upfront medical examinations, you must call and learn its possibility before you go there.

Last edited:

samanaki

Oct 1, 2020
Hi everyone,

I have recently got my CSQ and I noticed that there is a mistake in it. They have mentioned my husband's family name in the "autre nom" section of my CSQ. I have never used any other name.
What do you suggest? Can I send the document to federal as it is now? Or Should I apply for MIDI to correct it?

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
This is not correct. You can do upfront medical examination.

But it is a suggested way.

Some panel physicians - only in some countries - accept upfront medical examinations, you must call and learn its possibility before you go there.
hmmm, that is the first time I hear this. Then, what is the point of waiting for a medical request from IRCC if you can do it upfront and provide it to them? Why are many people on this forum then waiting for their medical requests. If doing an upfront medical examination was the answer, then we would not have heard about many of them on this forum waiting for a medical request from IRCC!!!

Reactions: MS2017 and aeya

Altit

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March,2012
Doc's Request.
April,08 2010
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Noe
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
"The CSQ must be valid when the applicant submits an application for permanent residence to IRCC (Centralized Intake Office [CIO] in Sydney). If the applicant’s CSQ expires before the receipt of the application at the CIO, the application is incomplete and must be returned to the applicant. The applicant must submit a new application for a CSQ to MIDI. If the applicant’s CSQ is valid at the receipt of the application at the CIO, the CSQ will be considered valid until a decision is rendered on the permanent residence application by IRCC."

Source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/quebec/validity-csqs-time-application.html
Thank you for the information, kindly need some more information on "The applicant must submit a new application for a CSQ to MIDI". What is the process to get the revised or updated CSQ? Or it means that I have to start processing for the selection application right from the beginning and that's the end of my story because it's not easy to being selected by the Quebec province as QSW again... Omg I'm so stressed now, I hope my predictions are not true... Please guide! My CSQ will expire in Jan 2020....

Altit

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March,2012
Doc's Request.
April,08 2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Noe
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
Is according to this answer in your email from them "We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that we received your application. It will be processed according to the date it was received".
Hi, so the email containing this information
"We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that we received your application. It will be processed according to the date it was received" indicates the receipt of the validity of my CSQ too? and it will consider valid even if it's expiring in Jan 2020 and if AOR will still be pending? and incase if my application will revert back to me as incomplete for any other reason, will I be able to use the same CSQ?
Any relevant information would be helpful for me to navigate my application. Thank you in advance.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hi, so the email containing this information
"We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that we received your application. It will be processed according to the date it was received" indicates the receipt of the validity of my CSQ too? and it will consider valid even if it's expiring in Jan 2020 and if AOR will still be pending? and incase if my application will revert back to me as incomplete for any other reason, will I be able to use the same CSQ?
Any relevant information would be helpful for me to navigate my application. Thank you in advance.
This mail means your application has entered the processing queue. It won't be returned. At best they may ask some additional documents. Your csq remains valid irrespective of the validity period written on it.

MS2017

Star Member
Jan 23, 2017
Hi everyone,

I have recently got my CSQ and I noticed that there is a mistake in it. They have mentioned my husband's family name in the "autre nom" section of my CSQ. I have never used any other name.
What do you suggest? Can I send the document to federal as it is now? Or Should I apply for MIDI to correct it?
Better to correct it and make it match with official document like passport

Hassananwar1

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
Better to correct it and make it match with official document like passport
You dont need to do that its a law in Quebec about wife's name that she can use her husband name starting from her birthday, probably Canadain girls married few times in life so whenever they marry they do not change their names again and again so she can use present husband name starting from her birth.
Its confusing. Dont worry. Just submit the application. You can search more on it in this forum people have talked about it

Abhijot

Oct 1, 2020
Hello everyone,
I got my CSQ last week but while waiting for my CSQ my PGWP is expired. I am trying to restore my status as worker under employer specific LMIA exempt but i have some doubts regarding “proof that you meet requirements of the job being offered” and “invitation letter”.
please Someone suggest me what do i need for that.
Thank you

Last edited:

mrpollo

Sep 17, 2020
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
20-05-2019
AOR Received.
31-07-2019
Med's Request
18-01-2021
Med's Done....
02-02-2021
hmmm, that is the first time I hear this. Then, what is the point of waiting for a medical request from IRCC if you can do it upfront and provide it to them? Why are many people on this forum then waiting for their medical requests. If doing an upfront medical examination was the answer, then we would not have heard about many of them on this forum waiting for a medical request from IRCC!!!
I think for QSW you can't do a medical upfront, at least some clinic on Montreal doesn't allow to take appointment without IRCC request (they allow if you are under express entry program) but this is something i asked quiet a while probably stuff are different now.

Reactions: bassamkaaki

dorm_ca

Oct 22, 2019
I think for QSW you can't do a medical upfront, at least some clinic on Montreal doesn't allow to take appointment without IRCC request (they allow if you are under express entry program) but this is something i asked quiet a while probably stuff are different now.
Yes I confirm this is the case too. However I know some Outland applicants are able to do it upfront depending on the regional clinics

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
If you’ve read the old pages of this forum, you would see that many people also had upfront medical examination.

Me, myself, is also waiting for the MR and did not do it upfront.

When I first sent my application package to IRCC, applicants were generally getting medical requests in their 5th to 8th months.
Currently, even though within the average estimated processing time many applicants don’t get MR.

He asked the upfront examination possibilities and I gave him the correct information. It is totally your choice to do it upfront or wait the request.

Reactions: MS2017

samanaki

Oct 1, 2020
You dont need to do that its a law in Quebec about wife's name that she can use her husband name starting from her birthday, probably Canadain girls married few times in life so whenever they marry they do not change their names again and again so she can use present husband name starting from her birth.
Its confusing. Dont worry. Just submit the application. You can search more on it in this forum people have talked about it
Thank you for your reply.
Could you please share the URL link of the topic you mentioned? (people send their CSQ as it is without correcting to federal stage)

Altit

Star Member
Jun 24, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
LONDON
NOC Code......
-
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March,2012
Doc's Request.
April,08 2010
IELTS Request
Med's Request
None
Med's Done....
Noe
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-
VISA ISSUED...
-
LANDED..........
-
This mail means your application has entered the processing queue. It won't be returned. At best they may ask some additional documents. Your csq remains valid irrespective of the validity period written on it.
Thank you so much, fingers crossed!
Good Luck to you for your process.

Emoz

Star Member
May 1, 2020
Finally an update on my PR! I applied as under Regular Quebec Skilled Worker on 1 October 2018. AOR received January 2019 and medical September 2020. Anyone know what are the next steps after completing the medical requests?
Are you inland or outland please?