+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
CSQ is from Quebec Immigration so Federal Immigration wouldn't have the authority to cancel it...
If someone applies for PR under EE program with a valid CSQ, most likely application would get rejected and would be told to apply under QSWP program.
Sorry I should have been more clear. People with valid csq have been successful in EE (50/50 chance). OP already got ITA and is in process for PR. He has to send a detailed letter of explanation for intent to move out of Quebec. One person who I know got PR through BC PNP didn't initiate any action on his part for csq cancellation but he got his csq invalidated mail few months later from MIDI.
Hope this helps.

Kassi

Mar 4, 2019
It's a good step four you!
Sometimes MR come few days after receiving pre arrival letter, bur most of the times you can wait months!
Can you share your timeline? Are you inland or outland applicant?
I am outland applicant from Bulgaria, Dec 2018. My timeline is also in the tracker.

Reactions: ArNo84

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
hey Sundar - I am sorry about the confusion, i was not sure if i understand your concern about the barcode.... first of all, for Schedule A background , form IMM 5669 , you do not need to generate anything ! all you need is to fill up the form.... you need only to generate the code for the Generic application IM0008, that's all, so you are good to print and sign manually anything else.

ii- I still think the question was more about where did you live during what time..... means where your home was, so i have been traveling for three months, summer course in Montreal, then i rent a room, so here i have to list the address, because it's now where i live (though for three months), but traveling for few days, staying at family or friends, not really needed....

iii- yes you need to type it, i even checked now the new Schedule A for (06-2019) doesn't let me copy and paste.
Okay. Think i have all the information now to get the docs filled. Thanks very much!

Uniqueusername

Nov 26, 2019
I have 29days remaining as per GcKey with no signs of MR yet. Recieved Pre arrival lettter in march and no update since.
Iinland applicant
Applied: November 2018

Diya123

Dec 3, 2015
I have 29days remaining as per GcKey with no signs of MR yet. Recieved Pre arrival lettter in march and no update since.
Iinland applicant
Applied: November 2018
Hi, I share the same timeline, I applied in November 2018 and have 30 days remaining and still no medical, I haven't even received prearrival. I am an outland applicant.

Bnglr_1

Aug 23, 2020
Hi Guys,
Hope you are all safe and well!

FYR, I have got my csq recently so planning to file PR application.
Also, Currently I'm working in a country other than my home country on work visa.

Please help on my queries as below regarding filling the details on form IMM5669e -Background check -
1- Under section#8- Personal history -
Do I also need to fill my vacations details done outside the my current work country? (made short trips~7days to my home country & to another countries(on visitor visa) , however I was employed only for that period but was on leave)

2- Under section#12- Addresses -
Do I also need to fill my vacations address details done outside the my current work country? (made short trips~7days to my home country & to another countries(on visitor visa) , however I was employed only for that period but was on leave)

Please help respond. I would be very grateful. Thank you.

Italy

May 23, 2020
Hi Guys,
Hope you are all safe and well!

FYR, I have got my csq recently so planning to file PR application.
Also, Currently I'm working in a country other than my home country on work visa.

Please help on my queries as below regarding filling the details on form IMM5669e -Background check -
1- Under section#8- Personal history -
Do I also need to fill my vacations details done outside the my current work country? (made short trips~7days to my home country & to another countries(on visitor visa) , however I was employed only for that period but was on leave)

2- Under section#12- Addresses -
Do I also need to fill my vacations address details done outside the my current work country? (made short trips~7days to my home country & to another countries(on visitor visa) , however I was employed only for that period but was on leave)

Please help respond. I would be very grateful. Thank you.
1- yes
List all trips you have taken outside your country of origin or of residence in the last ten years (or since your 18th birthday, if this was less than ten years ago). Include all trips: tourism, business, training, etc.
2 - no
Enter the residential addresses where you have lived since your 18th birthday or the past 10 years, whichever is most recent, complete with the postal code. Do not use P.O. Box addresses.
It's all written here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-q7000-application-permanent-residence-quebec-skilled-worker-class.html

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2020
Still nothing... I called on Friday and the agent said my application has been "finalized." They said that all that's missing is me sending them my passport for them to give me the visa, but because of COVID everything's delayed.

vivo

Star Member
Oct 23, 2015
I applied back in August 2018, received my pre-arrival letter December, and after MR in January finally received message that we passed our medical exams last week. From pre-covid experience, does this mean that we are almost there? I think I read a while back that DM often comes soon after medical approval. I really hope that the remaining process is just a formality. What is the significance of receiving the pre-arrival letter?

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
What happens if our CSQ expires during this wait period?
You can renew your work permit with an employment offer from your employer. You will be LMIA exempt because you have CSQ. You will only get closed work permits in Quebec.

All info here : https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html

Reactions: Uniqueusername

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I applied back in August 2018, received my pre-arrival letter December, and after MR in January finally received message that we passed our medical exams last week. From pre-covid experience, does this mean that we are almost there? I think I read a while back that DM often comes soon after medical approval. I really hope that the remaining process is just a formality. What is the significance of receiving the pre-arrival letter?
My medicals were approved November 24 2019 and up to today no DM! In terms of Pre-arrival letter, there is really no significance as I received it December 3, 2019 and still waiting for DM.

Reactions: Df.Set