+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Emoz

Star Member
May 1, 2020
Is it dramatic if I'm a bit annoyed? :p
I sent in my application in July of 2018. They told me my application has been approved, but they just need to print out a paper to finalize it... it's been two weeks now since I called them and they said it's been approved. I'm like, "can I just start my life in Québec?" :p
Did you do medical

Coldriver

Aug 6, 2020
I have done medical exam on February and still waiting the visa ☹ Is there any hope to get it before expiration period of my medical exam? ☹

Nikedev

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Hello all,
I received my CSQ last week. Wanted to know the next steps about PR application process and the final processing time. Also, is it possible to apply for open work permit based on CSQ, as my closed work permit is expiring soon. I am presently in Canada.
I will appreciate any insight provided.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello all,
I received my CSQ last week. Wanted to know the next steps about PR application process and the final processing time. Also, is it possible to apply for open work permit based on CSQ, as my closed work permit is expiring soon. I am presently in Canada.
I will appreciate any insight provided.
Congratulations
PR application process others can guide but the processing time has overshot 24 months for lot of inland applicants.

As to owp, if you are in Quebec, you aren't entitled as primary csq holder. However if you have applied for PR and work/reside outside Quebec you are eligible for bowp.

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Congratulations
PR application process others can guide but the processing time has overshot 24 months for lot of inland applicants.

As to owp, if you are in Quebec, you aren't entitled as primary csq holder. However if you have applied for PR and work/reside outside Quebec you are eligible for bowp.
What's OWP ?

Hassananwar1

Star Member
Sep 7, 2018
After CSQ federal needs to do only two things :
Medical and background check. All other requirements and verifications had been done by the Quebec like person identity, education, job experience, language results etc. Everything had been verified and CSQ issued.

On the other end for the express entry federal needs to do everything and they did in six months. For PR after CSQ federal takes 24 months and more.

I think we should raise our concern directly to the immigration minister rather than member parliament because MPs do not have power. But in this case immigration minister can do alot of things.

Waiting for the opinions......

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
Medical and background check. All other requirements and verifications had been done by the Quebec like person identity, education, job experience, language results etc. Everything had been verified and CSQ issued.

On the other end for the express entry federal needs to do everything and they did in six months. For PR after CSQ federal takes 24 months and more.

I think we should raise our concern directly to the immigration minister rather than member parliament because MPs do not have power. But in this case immigration minister can do alot of things.

What do you suggest we do? Federal haven't been working at all(very little) and quebec set very low quotas since being elected. Even those low quotas won't be reached.
I also feel like federal are not willing to welcome more immigrants unless unemployment rates are low again. Yet they offer PCU to people which encourages them to stay unemployed.

Cinar

May 30, 2020
Hey guys,
I have a quick question. I received my CSQ recently as an inland applicant. Is it possible to apply to PR from outside of Canada and wait there until receiving it? Is this possible? is there anyone in a similar situation?
Thanks in advance

Italy

May 23, 2020
Hey guys,
I have a quick question. I received my CSQ recently as an inland applicant. Is it possible to apply to PR from outside of Canada and wait there until receiving it? Is this possible? is there anyone in a similar situation?
Thanks in advance
I would apply from inside Canada and then, from what I have heard from a lawyer, you can wait outside Canada.
I am not in the same situation though.

Coldriver

Aug 6, 2020
Hi everyone I have got CSQ then I applied for PR and I did medical exam on February 2020 and till now no news about visa ☹ Is there any hope to get visa before the medical exam period expired ?

Rana H

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019

100 percent right. We need to do something and raise our concern