+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Livra

Star Member
Dec 28, 2016
Hi everyone I have got CSQ then I applied for PR and I did medical exam on February 2020 and till now no news about visa ☹ Is there any hope to get visa before the medical exam period expired ?
Did they request your Medical Exams at that time or you took them in advance?

I'd send them a webform if I were you raising the concern of having the medical exams expired.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello!

The bar code doesn't get generated post 'eIMM 5669' form validation. I'm using the latest adobe version (20.009.x). The following link says, it needs '11.0.09 of Acrobat Reader'

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=138&t=18&top=18?q=139

Even before i think about degrading the adobe version, wanted to check if there is a workaround ? or do we need to just use 'IMM 5669' form instead?

Regards,
Just a pointer as you are from IT background. See if this works -
https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/no-barcode-windows/td-p/9214628?page=1

Coldriver

Aug 6, 2020
Did they request your Medical Exams at that time or you took them in advance?

I'd send them a webform if I were you raising the concern of having the medical exams expired.
Hi thank you very much for your reply yes they requested me to do the medical exam

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Just a pointer as you are from IT background. See if this works -
https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/no-barcode-windows/td-p/9214628?page=1
I tried to uninstall Adobe, then reinstalled 11.0.09 with no much luck..

Strange the bar code was generated for IMM 0008 but not for eIMM 5669, with the newer Adobe version (20.009.x)

Can we just use IMM 5669 (https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5669e.pdf) and manually sign?

Regards,

Ha88

Aug 11, 2020
Hi everyone, I had applied in July 2018 but haven’t heard from CIC since December 2019 after my medical results were validated. My MP’s office contacted CIC on my behalf to inquire about “Ready for PS” and CIC said it meant “Ready for Program support”, meaning an assistance centre to process files. Now the explanation is even more cryptic!!!

The security stage hasn’t started yet and the status of my file has been stuck at Ready for PS since December 2019. I’m getting so desperate :( I’m worried about having to retake the medical examination again!

I’m an inland applicant by the way.

Reactions: Italy

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi All,
I'm from India, recently received my CSQ and applying for PR. I'm preparing the required documents and have few specific queries in filling up the forms...i'm sure many in this forum may have gone through this phase and sucessfully submitted their PT application :)...i'm just trying to get a your opininon & confirmation on the following queries...

Schedule A – Background Declaration - IMM 5669 :
1) If we use 'eIMM 5669'(https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/eimm5669e.pdf) it doesn't create the barcode once validated. i even tried with adobe reader 11 version that has been suggested but did not work. Does anywork got this working with the latest version of adbe or have a workaround?
2) If 'eIMM 5669' doesnt work, can we just use IMM 5669 and manually sign it ?
Section: PERSONAL DETAILS
3) For the parent's personal details that we mention, will they ask for proofs later? for example, i know the date of birth of my father but dont have any proofs like birth certificate
4) In Education history...
a) I have mentioned 5 years for Elementary/Primary School (i.e 1st std to 5th Std), 7 years for Secondary/high school (i.e 6th std to 12th std). Is this fine?
b) In the table, can we mention 6th to 10th standard (5 years) in a single row as secondary education, and 11th to 12th (2 years) in a single row as higher secondary education?
for example, 1994-1998 (Secondary with Matriculation Certificate or diploma)
1998-2001 (Higher secondary with Higher Secondary Certificate)
c) In 'Field of study' field, can we fill just 'Mathematics' for both Secondary and Higher Secondary, even though we had other subjects like physics, chemistry etc?
5) for 'Addresses',do we need to mention addresses that we lived, even if we don’t have a proof/lease? For example, you lived in a shared accomodation or with friends for which you do not have a lease/agreement in your name.

Additional Family Information - IMM 5406 (https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.pdf)
1) Does IMM 5406 form need to be filled in both English & in native language and submit 2 separate copies?

General questions:
1) Do we need to translate certificates if they are in both english & native langauges? (eq: Birth certs, Marriage Certs). How about logos, do they need transalation?
2) Proof of continuous studies is needed for children below 22 years of age?
3) For PR, will there be any checklist stage later as well, where we need to submit doc proofs, ...same like CSQ?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,
Sundar

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,
I'm from India, recently received my CSQ and applying for PR. I'm preparing the required documents and have few specific queries in filling up the forms...i'm sure many in this forum may have gone through this phase and sucessfully submitted their PT application :)...i'm just trying to get a your opininon & confirmation on the following queries...

Schedule A – Background Declaration - IMM 5669 :
1) If we use 'eIMM 5669'(https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/eimm5669e.pdf) it doesn't create the barcode once validated. i even tried with adobe reader 11 version that has been suggested but did not work. Does anywork got this working with the latest version of adbe or have a workaround?
i had the same problems with different versions and different laptops of mine, unitil i went to a big internet cafe and printing services company, where all computers had a professional versions of Adobe Acrobat, where you can sign electronically and issue the barcode. (The barcode is very important and i don't think that you can do any work around, i guess you don't want your application to be sent back to you, time now is very expensive)
2) If 'eIMM 5669' doesnt work, can we just use IMM 5669 and manually sign it ?
Section: PERSONAL DETAILS
same answer for the previous question.
3) For the parent's personal details that we mention, will they ask for proofs later? for example, i know the date of birth of my father but dont have any proofs like birth certificate
As per my knowledge, they never asked for any parent's birth certificates or something like that, however i suggest to be very careful when you write their details, like DOB, death...etc because if there is any confusion in the future, they might ask you to proof it and then you may be obliged to.
4) In Education history...
just send the required documents, be honest about the details, because you will never know what will happen in the future....
a) I have mentioned 5 years for Elementary/Primary School (i.e 1st std to 5th Std), 7 years for Secondary/high school (i.e 6th std to 12th std). Is this fine?
They need the actual details and years spent at schools, write them as you actually had them, all school certificates can be requested by the officer if they have any confusion.
b) In the table, can we mention 6th to 10th standard (5 years) in a single row as secondary education, and 11th to 12th (2 years) in a single row as higher secondary education?
I am not sure about that, but our system in the middle east is (6 primary, 3 prep and 3 secondary) I wrote them as is, and did not change anything!
for example, 1994-1998 (Secondary with Matriculation Certificate or diploma)
1998-2001 (Higher secondary with Higher Secondary Certificate)
c) In 'Field of study' field, can we fill just 'Mathematics' for both Secondary and Higher Secondary, even though we had other subjects like physics, chemistry etc?
in the field of study you can write the description of the certificate or diploma obtained, like for ex: (preparatory school certificate, or high school degree...etc)
5) for 'Addresses',do we need to mention addresses that we lived, even if we don’t have a proof/lease? For example, you lived in a shared accommodation or with friends for which you do not have a lease/agreement in your name.
Yes, mention all the addresses without any mistakes, take your time, list them, it's very important to mention detailed address.... (they need to check your honesty of being physically in a geographical place without any failure)
Additional Family Information - IMM 5406 (https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5406e.pdf)
1) Does IMM 5406 form need to be filled in both English & in native language and submit 2 separate copies?
all the forms i submitted were in English, i did copy and past for the native language name
General questions:
1) Do we need to translate certificates if they are in both English & native langauges? (eq: Birth certs, Marriage Certs). How about logos, do they need transalation?
Any document that has details in English plus any other language will be accepted as long as all details and fields are in English
2) Proof of continuous studies is needed for children below 22 years of age?
Not sure, it should be mentioned and required in the guide
3) For PR, will there be any checklist stage later as well, where we need to submit doc proofs, ...same like CSQ?
when you finish writing all forms (honestly and correctly) make sure you sign them all and send them as per the guide to the correct address. Then you will receive an AOR (acknowledge of receipt) means now your application is submitted and you can create something called GCkey (it's an online portal where candidates can monitor the progress of the application and/or submit any additional documents)

Thanks for your help in advance!

Regards,
Sundar

Hi Sundar, I will try my best to answer your questions based on my personal experience, however i am sure that people here are very cooperative and helpful, and they will always have more inputs if something looks wrong.... kindly find my notes in red....good luck

JaneCN90

Aug 14, 2020
Hello Everyone, I have a question please. What happens if my PGWP expires while I am waiting for the PR? I saw the option of applying for an “Employee specific work permit” but it states “for CSQ holders who haven’t yet applied for PR”. Which work permit can I apply for then?

Also have you come across cases where the current employer refuses to help with the application of a LMIA-exempted permit?
Thanks a lot.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hello Everyone, I have a question please. What happens if my PGWP expires while I am waiting for the PR? I saw the option of applying for an “Employee specific work permit” but it states “for CSQ holders who haven’t yet applied for PR”. Which work permit can I apply for then?

Also have you come across cases where the current employer refuses to help with the application of a LMIA-exempted permit?
Thanks a lot.
You are eligible for A 75 CWP (Closed Work Permit) provided you apply before pgwp expires.

You need to have a employer who's willing to apply as otherwise you don't have any other options in Quebec to extend your wp. It's a simple 10 minutes process for employer.

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hi Sundar, I will try my best to answer your questions based on my personal experience, however i am sure that people here are very cooperative and helpful, and they will always have more inputs if something looks wrong.... kindly find my notes in red....good luck
Thanks for your detailed response!

Have few follow-up questions, if you could please clarify..

i) In the guide q7000 to fill form: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-q7000-application-permanent-residence-quebec-skilled-worker-class.html, 'Schedule A - Background/Declaration' form mentioned is 'IMM 5669' and NOT 'eIMM 5669', it is only in the help centre page, https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=767&top=18, there is a mention of 'eIMM 5669'

So, worst case (if i can't manage to get the bar code created) can i still use form 'IMM 5669'(this doesn't validate form digitally) and sign it manually?

ii) In 'Addresses', do we need to mention, even the few days travel we made to native place in home country (eq: from one state to another state within India on a holiday)

iii) For form IMM 5406, when you say "..i did copy and past for the native language name", do we need to type the name in native langauge below the name typed in english as shown below, inside the 'Name' field?

<Name typed in English>
<Name typed in Native language>

Regards,
Sundar

JaneCN90

Aug 14, 2020
You are eligible for A 75 CWP (Closed Work Permit) provided you apply before pgwp expires.

You need to have a employer who's willing to apply as otherwise you don't have any other options in Quebec to extend your wp. It's a simple 10 minutes process for employer.
thank you for your reply.

Rana H

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
Anyone applied on Dec 2018 (Sydney visa office and paper based application) got medical request lately in the previous 2 or 3 months?

megoman

Star Member
Sep 20, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone applied on Dec 2018 (Sydney visa office and paper based application) got medical request lately in the previous 2 or 3 months?
it sounds like not many did yet! I am sure that those should be the very first to send us the good news :)

Rana H

Star Member
Feb 10, 2019
it sounds like not many did yet! I am sure that those should be the very first to send us the good news :)
Don't know what's going on. They should be working. I don't know if they will work better when they resume their work from office on September (as someone heard this news). When we are supposed to have our pr? Or are they thinking to postpone issuing pr until next year? This is so unfair and stressful. We have been waiting 2 years for pr after waiting 3 to 4 years for csq. People have plans. I don't know really. We must be a priority. Especially the time for pr is still 22 months. So what the hell they are waiting for?