+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I'm wondering if doing the following makes any sense for me...

VO: Sydney, NS
Federal APP/AOR: August 2018
Pre-arrival: December 2019
Schedule A/PCC: January 2020

Now I'm still waiting for MR and it's been over 24 months...

Does it make sense to withdraw my QSW application and apply for Express Entry instead? Or am I being too impatient here? Thing is we don't know when the Sydney office will be fully staffed again, if it's greater than 6 months then applying for EE might make more sense than waiting...
Hi, are you inland or outland?

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
I saw some outland QSW applicants who got their PRs in their 10th and 11th months - in this forum. 10 months is even faster than EE.
And please stop believing this 22 months average processing time (LIE !) anymore.

Let me prove that 22 months is a total nonsense.

How much was the estimated processing time before COVID pandemic ? - on February -> 22 months
What is the estimated processing time announced today -> 22 months

Funny, is not it?
Well, I do also doubt the 22 month shxxxx. However we have got nothing else to hang on to. It does really feel bad when you see some applications being processed really fast, yet others been waiting for too long are still to receive the MR. Some are even counting on this as part of their plan for 2020/2021. Re-allocating, leaving current jobs, schooling, renting etc.... I wish u all the best Dearmilkyway.

Reactions: Emoz

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia

Does it make sense to withdraw my QSW application and apply for Express Entry instead? Or am I being too impatient here? Thing is we don't know when the Sydney office will be fully staffed again, if it's greater than 6 months then applying for EE might make more sense than waiting...
No do not do it. Keep ur application on for the time being, as am sure IRCC will work it out by the end of this year. And who know if u withdraw ur application they might call up new rules or something for the express entry. You have been wating for 24 months and it does not worth it to start over, its aint wise. Gd luck and wish u all the best

RamC

May 3, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
24-01-2020

According to this blog post by a Canadian immigration law firm (supposedly, but I can't verify that they are authentic), it is possible to apply to both programs at the same time. I shared this in another forum and someone said they knew of people who had done this, and IRCC will just ask you to choose an application to withdraw. That way you won't have to take a big risk by cancelling your QSW application before you even know if you will get invited to apply under EE.

I know some people will say "but we declared our intention to reside in Quebec, you can't do that!" But (in my opinion) it is obvious that the intention is conditional on actually receiving PR from Quebec. If you never receive PR, then it is impossible to follow through on that intention. So if you withdraw the Quebec application before receiving PR and move to another province, then I would think you have not violated your declaration. If there is any doubt, though, one can always consult an immigration lawyer or consultant to make sure.

Danni

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
QSW
QC is my only possible choice for PR,when i noticed this 3yrs ago i have nothing but to learn French from scratch. Now all my friends in all other province got their PR even then came to canada after me,i have to wait for MR and wait and wait.....Wish we all could turn this page sooner and restart a brand new life.

Reactions: Italy

Paris_m

Apr 1, 2020
Hey Guys,
Why don't we take our complaints to the IRCC twitter account? If a lot of people complain there about the PEQ/Quebec PR programs, they might be forced to do something about it. We have already started to do it. Ask them why they are not processing Quebec cases, tell them what difficulties we are facing because of this never-ending wait time, etc.

Reactions: Lorena Marins

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Hey Guys,
Why don't we take our complaints to the IRCC twitter account? If a lot of people complain there about the PEQ/Quebec PR programs, they might be forced to do something about it. We have already started to do it. Ask them why they are not processing Quebec cases, tell them what difficulties we are facing because of this never-ending wait time, etc.
That would be one way to make them hear us out. I agree however there should be some decent number of comments/tweets to draw their attention. We should be all part of this....

RamC

May 3, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
24-01-2020
We should have a hashtag to unite our tweets! How about #QuebecPRdelay? I’m not the best at coming up with hashtags though, so please suggest others.

Mar 22, 2020
Is it dramatic if I'm a bit annoyed? :p
I sent in my application in July of 2018. They told me my application has been approved, but they just need to print out a paper to finalize it... it's been two weeks now since I called them and they said it's been approved. I'm like, "can I just start my life in Québec?" :p

Jun 4, 2020
I've heard they'll be fully staffed in September. It may be only a rumor tho, idk.

Either way, you're almost there. You've already passed the 22 average, meaning that whenever Sydney Office restores their activities, your application should be one of their priorities.
I'm in the 20th month now and I already thought about it, but I don't think it worth starting over with another application knowing things can change anytime (what if there's a second Covid-19 wave and delays all the processes?) and it can get way worse if I become a new applicant again.
Are you implying that currently Sydney Office is still closed? I thought all immigration activities resumed in June.