+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
As I said it's gray area. People have landed in Montreal and left for other provinces same day. Best approach is to stay in Montreal for some time, search for jobs and if unable to find one then leave. Atleast this way you have valid reason to convince IRCC if any scrutiny arises before citizenship. I have never heard of a scrutiny after PR though. At the time of EE, if you are in Quebec, scrutiny and chances of refusal are high.
What's EE ?

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
As I said it's gray area. People have landed in Montreal and left for other provinces same day. Best approach is to stay in Montreal for some time, search for jobs and if unable to find one then leave. Atleast this way you have valid reason to convince IRCC if any scrutiny arises before citizenship. I have never heard of a scrutiny after PR though. At the time of EE, if you are in Quebec, scrutiny and chances of refusal are high.
Any PR holder is eligible to live and work allover Canada. You do sign a declaration of intent to live in Quebec, yet its not mandatory. However, it is better to stay in Quebec until you work out the PR and everything then move out. Wish you all the best....

Reactions: Immstu

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
If we already approved your permanent resident application
If you’re outside Canada
If you come to Canada, make sure you’re exempt from the travel restrictions. You won’t be allowed to enter Canada right now if you’re travelling for reasons like:

• tourism
  • recreation
  • entertainment
  • to finalize your permanent residence application but not settle here yet
These are not valid reasons to come to Canada right now.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Today ,I saw in my IRCC account it said "your Application is taking longer than usual process time " is anyone in the forum with same situation?
Yes I am in the same situation too, already passed 100% mark since May 16 2020. I did my medicals and passed it in Dec 2019 also sent my police certificates. From Dec 2019 up to this date no sign of any updates. I also sent a web form to check the status. Corona is the issue delaying further processing. I guess, waiting is the only answer.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
What is EE?

frede.li

Oct 15, 2016
I just saw a person from the french forum got her application finalized within 16 months. Hopefully all of us will get there very soon just like her. Here is her timeline.

APP March 25, 2019
AOR June 26, 2019
MR + Schedule A June 26, 2020
MRR July 10, 2020
Pre-Arrival July 25, 2020
CoPR July 28, 2020

P.S. She also emphasized there was no step Ready for Visa due to current circumstances.

Check out the reference link below
https://pvtistes.net/forum/le-delai-et-suivi-du-traitement-de-la-rp/149415-residence-permanente-traitement-au-federal-des-demandes-avec-csq-soumises-en-2019-a-69.html#post1280500

Italy

May 23, 2020
I just saw a person from the french forum got her application finalized within 16 months. Hopefully all of us will get there very soon just like her. Here is her timeline.

APP March 25, 2019
AOR June 26, 2019
MRR July 10, 2020
CoPR July 28, 2020

P.S. She also emphasized there was no step Ready for Visa due to current circumstances.

https://pvtistes.net/forum/le-delai-et-suivi-du-traitement-de-la-rp/149415-residence-permanente-traitement-au-federal-des-demandes-avec-csq-soumises-en-2019-a-69.html#post1280500
From a very small set of data, I got the idea that the process is faster people with children. I am curious to know if this is confirmed by your experience.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017

APP March 25, 2019
AOR June 26, 2019
MRR July 10, 2020
CoPR July 28, 2020

Good for her. Not a Norm as some of my friends who applied roundabout that time are yet to receive AOR. Hopefully Kapadiya hasn't infiltrated that forum also.

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
Good for her. Not a Norm as some of my friends who applied roundabout that time are yet to receive AOR. Hopefully Kapadiya hasn't infiltrated that forum also.
This could be fake. I am not sure about it. Some have been waiting for more than 22 months and yet no MR. I am into the 18 month and no MR yet. I was even shocked when I got my gcms notes as my file literally is untouched, even though I have received pre arrival letter in March 2020. I hope things will work out for all of us.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017

APP March 25, 2019
AOR June 26, 2019
MRR July 10, 2020
CoPR July 28, 2020

Double verified it. Seems true. Applicant name is Cindy Brousse. Hope others also get similar treatment.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
This could be fake. I am not sure about it. Some have been waiting for more than 22 months and yet no MR. I am into the 18 month and no MR yet. I was even shocked when I got my gcms notes as my file literally is untouched, even though I have received pre arrival letter in March 2020. I hope things will work out for all of us.
I know and personally met with many QSW applicants;
  • (from 2018 October) who got their PR within 10-11 months.
  • (from 2018 June) who got their PR within 15-16 months.
and I know many people got their PR in their 18th months ( when the processing estimate shows between %86-%89)

So the case in French forum can be true but it is of course very far from giving me a minute of hope.