+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Emoz

Star Member
May 1, 2020
My process time line shows 23 months completed and progress time bar100%. I don't know how long should I wait for MR and how long they would further delay. I understand they are processing files but is there any hope that they would complete 2018 files by so and so month, how nice it would be if they tell us by how many months the process times is delayed rather saying we are processing be patient.

Emoz

Star Member
May 1, 2020
The same situation
My process time line shows 23 months completed and progress time bar100%. I don't know how long should I wait for MR and how long they would further delay. I understand they are processing files but is there any hope that they would complete 2018 files by so and so month, how nice it would be if they tell us by how many months the process times is delayed rather saying we are processing be patient.
The same situation

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Hello!

Hope all keeping safe & well!

A week ago i received my CSQ (I was victim of bill-9 and had to refile my appln via arrima), however my employer had also filed for a WP few months ago and the work location mentioned was Toronto (i.e my employer's branch location in Canada). I would like to understand if me being a CSQ holder now would have any impact on the WP approval for a different location/province (Toronto, Ontorio in this case) or would it have any other possible influence in decision making..?

Is it fine to process a WP for another province when you hold a CSQ? Im wondering if i should talk to my employer to change the location or would there be an option to update location post WP approval ? Im not sure if there is an option to update location (possibly to a location in Quebec) while the application is being processed...if yes, how to do it.

Appreciate your advise or any pointesr in this matter! This is critical & urgent...

Thanks & Regards,
Sundar

Citizens10

May 6, 2020

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hello!

Hope all keeping safe & well!

A week ago i received my CSQ (I was victim of bill-9 and had to refile my appln via arrima), however my employer had also filed for a WP few months ago and the work location mentioned was Toronto (i.e my employer's branch location in Canada). I would like to understand if me being a CSQ holder now would have any impact on the WP approval for a different location/province (Toronto, Ontorio in this case) or would it have any other possible influence in decision making..?

Is it fine to process a WP for another province when you hold a CSQ? Im wondering if i should talk to my employer to change the location or would there be an option to update location post WP approval ? Im not sure if there is an option to update location (possibly to a location in Quebec) while the application is being processed...if yes, how to do it.

Appreciate your advise or any pointesr in this matter! This is critical & urgent...

Thanks & Regards,
Sundar
Since This is critical & urgent... - find a lawyer for consultation, it's not cheap but you can find what is the best option for you. For sure you can not have two application on Federal level. CSQ will take minimum 2 years but since you are already in Quebec not a big problem. The only thing is you work permit - can you renew it? Can you work with Ontario WP in Quebec? I have no idea !? Can you apply for Express Entry in this situation?

Sundar2019

Star Member
Nov 18, 2019
Find a lawyer for consultation, it's not cheap but you can find what is the best option for you. For sure you can not have two application on Federal level. CSQ will take minimum 2 years but since you are already in Quebec not a big problem. The only thing is you work permit - can you renew it? Can you work with Ontario WP in Quebec? I have no idea !? Can you apply for Express Entry in this situation?
Thanks for your response!

I'm actually not in Canada now (working from my home country). I was in Montreal when i originally filed for CSQ , a couple of years ago.

- My current employer filed for a WP (ICT) few months ago even before i received my CSQ, with work location mentioned as Toronto
- I received my CSQ a week ago and yet to file for my PR via QSW
- I'm would like to confirm there will not be any adverse impact on my WP(ICT) approval even though the work location has been mentioned as Torronto
- When last time my ICT WP was approved, it authorized me to work across Canada for the same employer (in remarks section), even though the work location was mentioned as Montreal in WP at the airport. So, im hoping this time my WP gets approved....and i still can find a project within Quebec, and allows me to change the work location from Toronto to, say Montreal once i find a proj within Quebec.
- However, i still would like to know...would there be any implications if i choose to work from Toronto during the interim, before the PR gets approved..

Please advise

Regards,

maremoto

Dec 2, 2018
Hello, anyone else not getting the AOR at all? its been 7 months I sent the application and they confirmed it made it to the office after sending them an email but I still dont have the AOR at all.

Andremory87

Star Member
Mar 27, 2019
Hello, anyone else not getting the AOR at all? its been 7 months I sent the application and they confirmed it made it to the office after sending them an email but I still dont have the AOR at all.
Hi, if you follow the tracker in my signature you can see everyone's applications, and note that there are thousands in the same boat :)

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Thanks for your response!

I'm actually not in Canada now (working from my home country). I was in Montreal when i originally filed for CSQ , a couple of years ago.

- My current employer filed for a WP (ICT) few months ago even before i received my CSQ, with work location mentioned as Toronto
- I received my CSQ a week ago and yet to file for my PR via QSW
- I'm would like to confirm there will not be any adverse impact on my WP(ICT) approval even though the work location has been mentioned as Torronto
- When last time my ICT WP was approved, it authorized me to work across Canada for the same employer (in remarks section), even though the work location was mentioned as Montreal in WP at the airport. So, im hoping this time my WP gets approved....and i still can find a project within Quebec, and allows me to change the work location from Toronto to, say Montreal once i find a proj within Quebec.
- However, i still would like to know...would there be any implications if i choose to work from Toronto during the interim, before the PR gets approved..

Please advise

Regards,
I think that you don't have to live in Quebec before you get PR, in fact you just need to land in Quebec. If you don't have a valid WP you can not work in the country anyway. Since you will file only one PR application theoretically shouldn't be a problem. The only thing that bother me is if you install yourself in other province how the immigration are going to treat your Quebec PR application. Are they going to believe you or they will ask you to prove that you are going to move to Quebec? If you are well establish in Toronto why to bother to move to Montreal!? It's still Canada but the provincial nominees are yet important.

I'm not an expert, just thinking ..

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
I think that you don't have to live in Quebec before you get PR, in fact you just need to land in Quebec. If you don't have a valid WP you can not work in the country anyway. Since you will file only one PR application theoretically shouldn't be a problem. The only thing that bother me is if you install yourself in other province how the immigration are going to treat your Quebec PR application. Are they going to believe you or they will ask you to prove that you are going to move to Quebec? If you are well establish in Toronto why to bother to move to Montreal!? It's still Canada but the provincial nominees are yet important.

I'm not an expert, just thinking ..
Hello everyone!
What is the letter of " Intent to stay in Quebec " ?
Does it mean that you have to stay only in Quebec as a PR ?

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hello everyone!
What is the letter of " Intent to stay in Quebec " ?
Does it mean that you have to stay only in Quebec as a PR ?
It means you are intending to stay in Quebec and no other province. Your address once you arrive should be a Quebec address as you have intended to stay in Quebec. Since you are applying for a skilled worker in Quebec then this means you will have ties to Quebec.

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
It means you are intending to stay in Quebec and no other province. Your address once you arrive should be a Quebec address as you have intended to stay in Quebec. Since you are applying for a skilled worker in Quebec then this means you will have ties to Quebec.
Few of my friends with the same program like us landed at Montreal Airport did the final immigration process , gave Quebec address but took a flight to Other Province and settled there. Is this allowed or it's illegal?

Last edited:

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Few of friends with the same program like us landed at Montreal Airport did the final immigration process , gave Quebec address but took a flight to Other Province and settled there. Is this allowed or it's illegal?
An intent to stay in Quebec means signing to or “will to stay in Quebec”. I would assume signing on a declaration to stay in Quebec (Schedule 5) and going to reside in other provinces would be an illegal act. If however, you become a Canadian citizen then that differs.

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
An intent to stay in Quebec means signing to or “will to stay in Quebec”. I would assume signing on a declaration to stay in Quebec (Schedule 5) and going to reside in other provinces would be an illegal act. If however, you become a Canadian citizen then that differs.
Actually my immigration Lawyer few years back told me Quebec is a part of Canada, you are paying fees to federal government and you can move to any province in Canada. Could some experts give their input?

Reactions: Emoz