+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Actually my immigration Lawyer few years back told me Quebec is a part of Canada, you are paying fees to federal government and you can move to any province in Canada. Could some experts give their input?
Am not an expert, but declaring to stay and signing a declaration would mean you are going to do what it says. Quebec has a different system to other parts of Canada even though it is part of it. Ethically, when you sign a declaration you should do what it says, otherwise why are they making you sign it if they know you are going to live somewhere else right?

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Few of my friends with the same program like us landed at Montreal Airport did the final immigration process , gave Quebec address but took a flight to Other Province and settled there. Is this allowed or it's illegal?
In the strictest terms - Not allowed but isn't illegal. PNP programs have more scrutiny. A little gray area also it's. Rights of mobility allow it though.

https://www.immigration.ca/provincial-immigrants-free-to-move-anywhere-in-canada

https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1113&top=6

Lazymon82

Jan 9, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
Same goes otherwise. Few of my friends applied and received PR through express entry. Landed in toronto with all residence addresses of thier relatives in the applications. Took a bus to montreal in couple of hours after landing in toronto and settled here. They had to sign some declaration when they applied for RAMQ cards and that is it.

maremoto

Dec 2, 2018
Hi, if you follow the tracker in my signature you can see everyone's applications, and note that there are thousands in the same boat :)
Thank you!! yeah Im there already! didn't know if maybe it was that people just forgot to update, there are really old cases! than you again!

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Today ,I saw in my IRCC account it said "your Application is taking longer than usual process time " is anyone in the forum with same situation?

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Exactly, it's an automated message once your application passed the estimated processing time. Based on the current situation, it seems like many of us will/already had that message. Don't worry
Covid-19 has disrupted the immigration process for around 3 months, I don't think they should delay more than this period.

RTficial1

Mar 13, 2020
Covid-19 has disrupted the immigration process for around 3 months, I don't think they should delay more than this period.
I'm not sure what we can do though. QSW is paper-based and it seems like the processing of paper application is "to the extent possible" currently while online applications are processed normally. According to my GCMS note, they haven't touched my application since mid-April. All that we can hope is for them to allow the agents to go back to work as soon as possible.

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
I'm not sure what we can do though. QSW is paper-based and it seems like the processing of paper application is "to the extent possible" currently while online applications are processed normally. According to my GCMS note, they haven't touched my application since mid-April. All that we can hope is for them to allow the agents to go back to work as soon as possible.
They can wear gloves and work if they have fear of getting Covid-19 by touching the papers.

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
They can wear gloves and work if they have fear of getting Covid-19 by touching the papers.
For security purposes files can't be taken out from the offices and less than 3% of staff are working in the office. However government website updated travel restrictions yesterday with now travel exemption for approved permanent residents who didn't yet complete their landing. Maybe they are planning to get more staff soon back into office(note that before it was only for people who were approved before march 18). But again if covid cases rise exponentially they will reclose once again...

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Then why would they make one sign a declaration from the first place if they know that this person will not abide by it!
As I said it's gray area. People have landed in Montreal and left for other provinces same day. Best approach is to stay in Montreal for some time, search for jobs and if unable to find one then leave. Atleast this way you have valid reason to convince IRCC if any scrutiny arises before citizenship. I have never heard of a scrutiny after PR though. At the time of EE, if you are in Quebec, scrutiny and chances of refusal are high.

Reactions: bassamkaaki