+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Today, I obtained my GCMS notes after 72 days of waiting.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility
: Not Started -> Passed
Security : Not Started
Criminality : Passed
Medical : Not Started
Info Sharing : In Progress -> Complete

Seems that security is remaining and still no MR after 19 months.

Valuable note :
I noticed that IRCC updated my eligibility when got pre-arrival email on March.
Most probably, pre-arrival email is a proof that applicant passed the eligibility assessment.

Emoz

Star Member
May 1, 2020
Anyone Outland applicant dealing with nova Scotia office has received medicals nowadays? I don't know if this office started working since alot waiting for medicals from their appart? Unlike Paris office which started requesting medicals!
What is your time line?

Mrletterbox

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Today, I obtained my GCMS notes after 72 days of waiting.

ASSESSMENTS
Eligibility
: Not Started -> Passed
Security : Not Started
Criminality : Passed
Medical : Not Started
Info Sharing : In Progress -> Complete

Seems that security is remaining and still no MR after 19 months.

Valuable note :
I noticed that IRCC updated my eligibility when got pre-arrival email on March.
Most probably, pre-arrival email is a proof that applicant passed the eligibility assessment.
Did they update your account as well showing the above assessments changes like eligibility is now showing Passed?

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Hi, I’m stressing out a bit about my application: I made a typo in one of the dates on the form, on the date that my partner and I became common law
In his part of the form (meant to be filled out by the common law partner), we accidentally put the year we moved in together (2018) and not the year we became common law (2019). I have the correct year on my part of the form (principal applicant) and the supporting documents all match the correct year

Have any of you seen applications being returned for something like this? I haven’t gotten my AOR yet since I only applied in March of this year.
Is this something I can fix through the webform?

thank you
Hi, if you have the XEP number you can update your application using the web form. I update my expired passport 2 months ago.

Reactions: VCIce

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hi, I’m stressing out a bit about my application: I made a typo in one of the dates on the form, on the date that my partner and I became common law
In his part of the form (meant to be filled out by the common law partner), we accidentally put the year we moved in together (2018) and not the year we became common law (2019). I have the correct year on my part of the form (principal applicant) and the supporting documents all match the correct year

Have any of you seen applications being returned for something like this? I haven’t gotten my AOR yet since I only applied in March of this year.
Is this something I can fix through the webform?

thank you
Yes webforms are meant to communicate with the officer. You can mention this typo in the message and submit the webform. Your message will be examined by first level agents at CIC who decides if the message should have priority (from my experience). If you get a reply like "Everything is ok with your application blah blah.. " its the first level agent responding. If you get a message like "Your message has been forwarded to the concerned office" then the agent thinks it important and has attached your message to your case so that an officer will see your message when they evaluate your application.

Wait for the reply after you submit webform and then call CIC till you get an agent who is willing to help and ask them if your message has been attached to your case just to be sure. This is an honest mistake and not a misrepresentation as you have the correct date in your other form. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Awesome thank you! I’ll do that :)
Are you in Canada? If so, did the change in passport impact your immigration status (did you have to get a new work permit for example?)
Yes, I'm inland. My PGWP was granted to me with a shorter time (2 years) due to the expiry date of my passport, but the agent added a note on my file. This is the only reason why you can extend your PGWP.

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Ah i see, yeah my partner’s passport will expire in June but he has a spousal open work permit not a PGWP
Anyway thanks for the quick reply!
Is the same, I did the extension for my complete family. We are 4.

I updated our 4 passports.

Reactions: VCIce

RamC

May 3, 2020
Montreal
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
24-01-2020
I recently moved from the US to Canada on a spousal work permit. Do I have to update my address with IRCC if I can still get mail at my US address? Will becoming an inland applicant speed up my application?

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
My process time line shows 23 months completed and progress time bar100%. I don't know how long should I wait for MR and how long they would further delay. I understand they are processing files but is there any hope that they would complete 2018 files by so and so month, how nice it would be if they tell us by how many months the process times is delayed rather saying we are processing be patient.

ballak1984

Feb 4, 2019
Middle East
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
My process time line shows 23 months completed and progress time bar100%. I don't know how long should I wait for MR and how long they would further delay. I understand they are processing files but is there any hope that they would complete 2018 files by so and so month, how nice it would be if they tell us by how many months the process times is delayed rather saying we are processing be patient.
Did you have any update to do during the process, for instance adding up a child or something?! As this would take some time. You should have contact them offline or online to get to know some details about the status of your application. 23 months and no MR is too much, am sure this is stressing you out. Yet I feel that you will hear some gd news before month end. Gd luck and all the best...

Reactions: KCDREAM1983

KCDREAM1983

Star Member
Jun 24, 2020
Yea, last month I submitted webform, requesting of what's the status of my Application. Response was like, Even in this Pandemic we are trying our best with critical staff , have patience, your file will be processed ASAP and so on...