+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

d-pen

Jun 16, 2020
Good!!! you are about to get the COPR soon.....
Thank You. I hope so but as per Canada.ca, it says Some steps you may not be able to complete right now include submitting your passport so we need to wait. I will update here once I get any updates.

Reactions: Emoz

mhlee1710

Feb 8, 2019
I called IRCC today to make sure my application hasn’t been returned (it was only received on March 6th 2020). Just me being paranoid and stuff :)

i was able to get some updates through the phone using the XEP file number I was given via web form when I sent it back in late March. On the phone directory I selected the “press this number if your application starts with EP” and used the digits from my XEP number. I was able to get the correct information on my file so it seems to be in the system there. Just posting this note in case someone wants to try !

I did not receive AOR yet but according to the rep, my criminality check is in progress at the moment (she could see updates on her side). The rep also mentioned that for paper applications, they don’t usually start the criminality checks unless the app is complete (but that could be agents saying random stuff)

just wanted to post this here in case anyone who hasn’t received AOR is worried (naturally)...

she mentioned that I could call back in a few months if I want updates and if I don’t receive AOR.
Maybe that's why they said the processing time is calculated from the day they received the application, not AOR date.
I'm waiting for my AOR too (about 9 months now). Hope to receive some correspondance from IRCC soon.

Reactions: VCIce

marvyn

Mar 6, 2020
Received GCMS note and now I can say that I'm really down and disappointed. Found out that eligibility and background check not started on criminality is in progress since I received AOR. I wonder when will I get MR

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Received GCMS note and now I can say that I'm really down and disappointed. Found out that eligibility and background check not started on criminality is in progress since I received AOR. I wonder when will I get MR
Its the same thing on my gcms notes too. My timeline is similar to yours. But dont worry about it. If they can do express entry in 4 to 6 months and that too with eligibility checks. I am pretty sure all the processing for Quebec skilled workers is done towards the last 3-4 months of their long 23 months processing time (thanks to CAQ govt.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrletterbox

marvyn

Mar 6, 2020
Its the same thing on my gcms notes too. My timeline is similar to yours. But dont worry about it. If they can do express entry in 4 to 6 months and that too with eligibility checks. I am pretty sure all the processing for Quebec skilled workers is done towards the last 3-4 months of their long 23 months processing time (thanks to CAQ govt.)
Let's just hope...It is really despressing as you cannot plan any future while being on a temporary work permit

EH1978

Jan 2, 2018
Beirut
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Application: Jan 2019
AOR: April 2019
Biometric: April 2019
...still waiting for MR

... Status showing "In Process" - Paper Application
Does anyone have the same case?

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Application: Jan 2019
AOR: April 2019
Biometric: April 2019
...still waiting for MR

... Status showing "In Process" - Paper Application
Does anyone have the same case?
My timeline is very similar to yours. Still waiting for MR.
You can see similar timeline as yours in this tracker : https://imtrackdb.firebaseapp.com
According to the tracker, no one who has applied in Jan 2019 received MR yet.

Reactions: EH1978 and ArNo84

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
At least you guys got response from IRCC regarding your GCMS note requests.

It has been 43 days from the day that I’ve applied for GCMS notes and I still haven’t got my notes yet.

Due to the current situation that 30 days feedback rule for GCMS notes does not apply. They have right to reply back within 120 days now. That’s pathetic.

Lorena Marins

Star Member
Nov 6, 2019
At least you guys got response from IRCC regarding your GCMS note requests.

It has been 43 days from the day that I’ve applied for GCMS notes and I still haven’t got my notes yet.

Due to the current situation that 30 days feedback rule for GCMS notes does not apply. They have right to reply back within 120 days now. That’s pathetic.

I requested it on march 10