+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
An update: I got my gcms notes (it only took 23 calendar days from the request date). Nothing of interest is there in my notes.
App Status: Open , Reason: Inventory-SPR ( I dont know what is SPR)
Primary office: Montreal
Secondary : CIO Sydney
Eligibility, Security, Medicals not started, only criminality in progress since March 2019 :rolleyes: .
Info Sharing: Complete (don't know what it is)
Biometric - Exempt due to pub-policy (In-Canada).
RCMP screening - NRT, No Reportable Trace
US Fingerprint check - NRT, No Reportable Trace

Everything had a due date of April 2020. Guess it has been prolonged now due to Covid.
One item I found is Lock-In date. If I count 22 months from that lock-in date, thats the date when my application progress will become 100%. Maybe thats the date that they use to calculate that dumb progress bar.

ArNo84

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-01-2019
AOR Received.
05-04-2019
An update: I got my gcms notes (it only took 23 calendar days from the request date). Nothing of interest is there in my notes.
Eligibility, Security, Medicals not started, only criminality in progress since March 2019 :rolleyes: .

Everything had a due date of April 2020. Guess it has been prolonged now due to Covid.
One item I found is Lock-In date. If I count 22 months from that lock-in date, thats the date when my application progress will become 100%. Maybe thats the date that they use to calculate that dumb progress bar.
Are you married?
SPR seems to be SPONSOR, so it could be your wife

Italy

May 23, 2020
Dears, I've got a ghost update today and wanted to inform you.
As I recall correctly, nearly a month ago, also one of our forum friend got a ghost update here.

What is Ghost Update ?

After you login to your GCKey account, at home page, there is a table that lists your applications like below.
Application typeApplication numberApplicant nameDate submittedCurrent statusMessagesAction

When there is a ghost update, the 'current status' column of that table changes into 'Application / Profile Updated'.
But when you click to see your application details, you will see NO change. Also you won't get any e-mail from IRCC regarding this update.
Eventually, if you login again or click back button of your browser to see that table, you will continue to see 'Submitted'.

If you also notice a ghost update, please share your own experiences with forum.
Thanks.
I think I saw that just before they updated my biometrics record for the application.

Last edited:

Italy

May 23, 2020
Hello everyone,
Need help.
It has been 9 months and i have not yet received any application number from CIC.
My CSQ is expiring next week, and my work permit is expiring in September.

I've lost my job last month due to covid19 and my employer is not gonna hire me back untill October.

We got a job in food processing plant in region 200km outside of Montreal but they can't help me renew my work permit because my CSQ is expiring soon and as a proof, I only have a cic fees recipts and their reverted webform mail that my file is recieved. And my employer is telling me that we need cic file number to renew work permit.

What could be the solution? How do I get my file number CIC? Do I have to create an enquiry regarding this? I feel like I am scammed by CIC.

Me and my girlfriend already have a CSQ, applied to CIC for my PR before CSQ expired, already in quebec, having a job offer from region and employer is willing to help renewing our work permit but can't do that because pir file is not in process. What kind of system is this??
I thought with CSQ we could renew our work permits.
What a disappointment that CSQ has no power over CIC.:(:(
https://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/immigrate-settle/temporary-workers/stay-quebec/application-csq/workers-quebec/after-csq.html

To benefit from this waiver, your application for a work permit must be accompanied by a copy of your CSQ, your valid offer of employment and proof of payment of the application fees for permanent residence or acknowledgment of receipt.

You should be fine with the proof of payment!

Reactions: PetersAdrian

naveen881

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013

Hi
I just received on 28 MAy my GCMS notes . On Assestments they have written Final :Approved and also I see the counterfoil generated but no issue date . Not sure when they will issue the counterfoil(COPR). MY decision made was done on March 13 and same could be seen on GCMS notes .

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hi
I just received on 28 MAy my GCMS notes . On Assestments they have written Final :Approved and also I see the counterfoil generated but no issue date . Not sure when they will issue the counterfoil(COPR). MY decision made was done on March 13 and same could be seen on GCMS notes .
can anyone order GCMS notes? Or you can order only if you reside in Canada?

caipsnotes

Champion Member
Jan 10, 2020
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
can anyone order GCMS notes? Or you can order only if you reside in Canada?
If you are in Canada you can get your GCMS notes for free under the Privacy Act. If you are not in Canada then you need to find someone who help you; a friend or a relative who is Canadian in your home country can also request on your behalf for $5. See a summary at https://gcmsnotes.com/can-i-obtain-the-gcms-notes-on-my-own/ The official rules are at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy.html

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
If you are in Canada you can get your GCMS notes for free under the Privacy Act. If you are not in Canada then you need to find someone who help you; a friend or a relative who is Canadian in your home country can also request on your behalf for $5. See a summary at https://gcmsnotes.com/can-i-obtain-the-gcms-notes-on-my-own/ The official rules are at https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/transparency/access-information-privacy.html
Gr8 thank u

Reactions: caipsnotes

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Hi
I am in the same boat, DM by March,13th (around 18h00) according to my CGMS notes, but no news since..

Reactions: naveen881

naveen881

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Not sure if I am fully agree with you.
I reside in canada and I still paid $5. Its not free while you are in canada. May be you talking about something else.

Last edited:

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Are you married?
SPR seems to be SPONSOR, so it could be your wife
Yes I am. And I am the Principal applicant. My spouse is with me and we applied together. Does that count as being sponsored ?
From this thread , it says "It is in queue to assigned officer to review" , but somewhere else I read SPR is sponsor. I am of the opinion that CIC should also put out an official glossary of terms used for the general public.