+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Wait so there’s two types of closed work permit that we can get with a CSQ?

I thought you were only eligible if an employer created the job offer online and paid the compliance fee
I know only 2 types, closed & open. Not 2 types of closed permits.
After you get CSQ, you become LMIA exempt, but can have only a closed work permit which has to be supported by an employer with an offer of employment and compliance fee like you said. If you have a spouse, the spouse gets an open work permit. Your understanding is correct.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Hi
What is AOR?
Could you explain more what type of work permit is?
Maybe you can search in these threads for basic stuffs in the future for your federal process now that you got a CSQ. Google and "Forum Search" is your friend.

AOR is Acknowledgement of Receipt of your Federal application. Its not the Fedex tracking;).

You will get an email to the email address you gave in your Federal application. Before it used to happen 3-4 months after your application was delivered to Sydney. But since July 2019, it has stopped and no one that I know of has got AOR after July 2019. We do not know why, but someone has to question CIC for that.

For work permit read the above post.

• Wow
Reactions: Italy

Leokun

May 25, 2018
Hi
What is AOR?
Could you explain more what type of work permit is?
It is a special close work permit with an employer, in order to stay in the country and continue working if your post-graduate work permit is expired and you are waiting for PR and you have currently a job.

Thanks.
Have you got your PR? I think your application is in process since 30 months. Did you figured it out why it is taking this long if you don't mind to share.
Nope. I contacted my deputy and they got some more information about my case. The bottom line is that I have to wait, because they are waiting for information from external agency.

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hey guys! Have a questions.
1. Immigration & Citizenship, they took 85 dollars from my bank. It seems like biometric fee so it means I already did biometric or what does it mean?
2. My friend went to immigration office in mtl instead of sending his passport to office to get entry visa for pr in sydney. Moreover, he didnt not even need to go to boarder to land in. He just applied his pr card in the office.
Why some ppl need to send passport and some dont need ?

meenaraja

Jul 19, 2018
Hello everyone,
Need help.
It has been 9 months and i have not yet received any application number from CIC.
My CSQ is expiring next week, and my work permit is expiring in September.

I've lost my job last month due to covid19 and my employer is not gonna hire me back untill October.

We got a job in food processing plant in region 200km outside of Montreal but they can't help me renew my work permit because my CSQ is expiring soon and as a proof, I only have a cic fees recipts and their reverted webform mail that my file is recieved. And my employer is telling me that we need cic file number to renew work permit.

What could be the solution? How do I get my file number CIC? Do I have to create an enquiry regarding this? I feel like I am scammed by CIC.

Me and my girlfriend already have a CSQ, applied to CIC for my PR before CSQ expired, already in quebec, having a job offer from region and employer is willing to help renewing our work permit but can't do that because pir file is not in process. What kind of system is this??
I thought with CSQ we could renew our work permits.
What a disappointment that CSQ has no power over CIC.:(:(
i never heard about you need ppr number instead of csq number for your work permit renewel ,but may be your csq is expiring soon then they need more detail or confirmation regarding your status .

aeya

Feb 28, 2016
Montreal
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-10-2019
Hello everyone,
Need help.
It has been 9 months and i have not yet received any application number from CIC.
My CSQ is expiring next week, and my work permit is expiring in September.

I've lost my job last month due to covid19 and my employer is not gonna hire me back untill October.

We got a job in food processing plant in region 200km outside of Montreal but they can't help me renew my work permit because my CSQ is expiring soon and as a proof, I only have a cic fees recipts and their reverted webform mail that my file is recieved. And my employer is telling me that we need cic file number to renew work permit.

What could be the solution? How do I get my file number CIC? Do I have to create an enquiry regarding this? I feel like I am scammed by CIC.

Me and my girlfriend already have a CSQ, applied to CIC for my PR before CSQ expired, already in quebec, having a job offer from region and employer is willing to help renewing our work permit but can't do that because pir file is not in process. What kind of system is this??
I thought with CSQ we could renew our work permits.
What a disappointment that CSQ has no power over CIC.:(:(
This is the official answer to your questions
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html

Reactions: PetersAdrian

naveen881

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Hey guys! Have a questions.
1. Immigration & Citizenship, they took 85 dollars from my bank. It seems like biometric fee so it means I already did biometric or what does it mean?
2. My friend went to immigration office in mtl instead of sending his passport to office to get entry visa for pr in sydney. Moreover, he didnt not even need to go to boarder to land in. He just applied his pr card in the office.
Why some ppl need to send passport and some dont need ?
This is because of the current situation of covid-19. Borders are closed so they are calling you for COPR and asking you to go to office if it is open to request for PR card.

IJH

Star Member
Apr 5, 2020
This is because of the current situation of covid-19. Borders are closed so they are calling you for COPR and asking you to go to office if it is open to request for PR card.
But it was before covid-19 .. it was in Feb or beginning of Mar

naveen881

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Hello folks ,

Have anyoone requested for GCMS notes since march whose file showed DECISION MADE but havenot received any COPR or any communication from the government.

Citizens10

May 6, 2020
Hi
Here's an article about the new quebec immigration program peq so you can inform friends studying or on a wp if they're not aware of the changes. Immigration minister also claimed today in a conference that he doesn't mind not reaching the 2020 immigration quotas, while Legault said last week they will try to keep them for 2020 and decrease them for 2021. I guess both this year and next will have reduced intakes...
https://www.cicnews.com/2020/05/quebec-announces-major-immigration-reforms-2-new-pilots-0514514.html/amp

Danni

Mar 8, 2015
Category........
QSW
like, we all know it still on covid-19 outbreak globally, but it looks take forever to get updates from federal .....oh my !

Italy

May 23, 2020
Any recent Medical Request???
Not for me. I recently asked through the webform if I needed to wait for the Medical Request or if I could have the exam without, but in their reply they did not even answer to this simple question. Does anybody know for sure that we need to wait for their Medical Request?
I know the Medical exam expires after 1 year, but if the remaining time for our PR is much less than 1 year, could we start doing the Medical exam without the request?

Last edited:
Reactions: Mrletterbox

Mrletterbox

Star Member
Jan 11, 2020
Not for me. I recently asked through the webform if I needed to wait for the Medical Request or if I could have the exam without, but in their reply they did not even answer to this simple question. Does anybody know for sure that we need to wait for their Medical Request?
I know the Medical exam expires after 1 year, but if the remaining time for our PR is much less than 1 year, could we start doing the Medical exam without the request?
this will be a gamble for doing medical without request as not sure how long cic will continue with the delays in PR application under process like us.
For me remaining time for processing is also less then 6 months now.

Reactions: Kassi and Italy