+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
I was wondering the same thing. I am only 14 days away but looks like there is not much going on. I read that applications are still being processed but not sure what stages of the app are on stand by (??). Perhaps they will not render decisions until the travel restrictions are lifted in June??
For me is 25 days left, as far as I know cic is still working but the efficiency drop too much.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
It is 25 days left showed in my account, due date didn't change for me personally. The one extra month is not included.
The same for me. This is why I asked you. It seems like those approaching the end of their processing are not added the extra month. Thats good news ;)

tahreijam

Apr 26, 2020
hi
i recently joined this from and don't understand some abbreviations for example PCC, AOR, MR, ...
could some one describe these. thanks
also my time line remained just 5 month and still waiting for medical check.

NAZ1978

Star Member
Sep 25, 2019
Maybe?? I guess? but for me, I am not asked for a PCC yet. o_O
Getting ppr in 25days seems to be very hopeless for me.:oops:
To all of you,
Quebec premier is planning to reduce the number of intake in 2020
I have said he is planning......keep in touch with his articles

madhuman

Sep 20, 2018
I paid Canada PR fee on Tuesday(28th April) and sent documents yesterday(29th April). I paid fee on 28th April, as per the fees showing on portal. Today(30th April), Canada PR fee has been increased. My application is still on the way and not reached "Processing Centre". I am wondering how my application is going to impact...

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Cic is increasing application fees by almost 75% after 2 days. Which can be good for us. Faster processing maybe.
Sorry no. :)
Let me explain. Economic immigration PR via Quebec is determined by a quota every year. Its called Canada Quebec accord. According to that accord, ever year Quebec decides how many economic immigrants they want and asks Federal CIC to process that many numbers. Once that quota is over, the applications are kept pending for the next year's quota.

With the new anti immigrant CAQ govt. in Quebec, this quota was cut 20% last year. So processing time increased from 17 months to 22-23 months. Once this COVID situation is over and with the increasing outcry for hiring local & job losses, Frankie has to find ways to appease his voter base and will want to throw some bones. The first thing that he will be doing is to scapegoat economic immigrants. Other category of immigrants is a Federal matter so he cant touch that. So we, skilled economic immigrants will be under the chopping block in Quebec.

Call me pessimistic, but I am expecting further quota cut announcement when this pandemic is over. The processing time has also increased from 22 months to 23 months lately. This is a pessimistic thought. Optimistically, if the economy is not affected after reopening, he may not scapegoat economic immigrants (that is cut the Federal quota again and suspend CSQs)

CanadaCorona

Apr 23, 2020
Has anyone of you received PR status by activating the COPR recently during the covid period? Offices and borders are closed to activate the COPR. Have you been contacted by IRCC?

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
hi
i recently joined this from and don't understand some abbreviations for example PCC, AOR, MR, ...
could some one describe these. thanks
also my time line remained just 5 month and still waiting for medical check.
PCC = Police Clearance Certificate, AOR = Acknowledgement of Receipt (any stage) MR = Medical Request. Hope this helps.

Reactions: tahreijam

s4bs94

Star Member
Nov 21, 2017
It is 25 days left showed in my account, due date didn't change for me personally. The one extra month is not included.
Tracker shows my application will complete in 36 days, but I have yet to even receive my MR... I applied all the way back in August 2018. With the COVID situation I don't think the timeline is accurate anymore, and I do not have my hopes high for getting MR or PPR anytime soon.

How badly I wish I did Express Entry... hindsight is 20/20 :(

• Sad
Reactions: VCIce

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Tracker shows my application will complete in 36 days, but I have yet to even receive my MR... I applied all the way back in August 2018. With the COVID situation I don't think the timeline is accurate anymore, and I do not have my hopes high for getting MR or PPR anytime soon.

How badly I wish I did Express Entry... hindsight is 20/20 :(
Me too.. I should have left Quebec in 2016.
Now that you almost reached the finishing point, did you order your GCMS notes and see what the real progress in your case is ?
I would not trust that progress bar gimmick. GCMS is the only sure shot way to know the progress.