+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

josh_1982

Jan 7, 2019
Thanks. We didn't still get the PPR (I guess with the COVID-19 it will take still some time), but since we have followed all the steps (Medical passed, landing fees paid, etc) and have not received any procedural fairness letter I assume that means good news :).

Reactions: Nadia_Zzz

Nadia_Zzz

Star Member
Sep 3, 2019
Thanks. We didn't still get the PPR (I guess with the COVID-19 it will take still some time), but since we have followed all the steps (Medical passed, landing fees paid, etc) and have not received any procedural fairness letter I assume that means good news :).
Waiting for the good news from you!
If you get ppr, which means cic start working on pr applications.

Blessme00

Star Member
Dec 2, 2019
Hi I applied federal on July 2019.didnt get federal number....any idea when will we receive .Planing to study OET. Valuable 6years gone.

Accountingdude2893

Star Member
Jun 15, 2019
Hi guys,
What is considered to be a safe score in this process?
They have a point system like express entry but I could not find any announcement in regard of cut-off points like the latter?
Could any one who got their CSQ through this program shed me some light please?
I am thinking about getting an immigrant lawyer to clear things up, but not sure if it is worth the cost.
Thank you

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Hi guys,
What is considered to be a safe score in this process?
They have a point system like express entry but I could not find any announcement in regard of cut-off points like the latter?
Could any one who got their CSQ through this program shed me some light please?
I am thinking about getting an immigrant lawyer to clear things up, but not sure if it is worth the cost.
Thank you work
In my opinion if you have money to spare it is better to have a lawyer to insure all your documents and paper work are acceptable before submission. They can also help with informing you on the latest updates and will followup on your behalf with the immigration authorities from the moment you apply till you get your ppr. Check out this link, maybe it could help. https://www.canadianimmigration.net/immigration/quebec-skilled-worker/ Good Luck!

Leokun

May 25, 2018
In my opinion if you have money to spare it is better to have a lawyer to insure all your documents and paper work are acceptable before submission. They can also help with informing you on the latest updates and will followup on your behalf with the immigration authorities from the moment you apply till you get your ppr. Check out this link, maybe it could help. https://www.canadianimmigration.net/immigration/quebec-skilled-worker/ Good Luck!
I have a lawyer but believe me it's not worth the money. They only check if your papers are correct and that's all. If have a missing paper or any other problem the immigration will contact you anyway. May be the lawyer can buy you little bit time but that's all. They can not do more follow up than you, that's for sure!

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
I have a lawyer but believe me it's not worth the money. They only check if your papers are correct and that's all. If have a missing paper or any other problem the immigration will contact you anyway. May be the lawyer can buy you little bit time but that's all. They can not do more follow up than you, that's for sure!
If you have a lawyer he should be able to help you with the cut-off scores. Before you apply there is a pre-calculation that is made. If you fall within these numbers you can then choose to apply for CSQ and put in place a lawyer if you wish. Otherwise its up to you my friend.

Mar 22, 2020
Is mine taking a long time or is this normal?

Date Received: July 6th, 2018
Date Submitted: September 30th, 2018
Medical Request: November 12th, 2019
Medical Approved: November 16th, 2019
Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services: November 27th, 2019
Ghost Update: early February 2020

Estimated remaining processing time: 37 Day(s), 94% complete.
Estimated completion date: May 6, 2020

I'm a single person coming into Canada. I'm from the United States.

When I check this, it says "decision made," but its most recent update is: "medical results have been received."

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
Is mine taking a long time or is this normal?

Date Received: July 6th, 2018
Date Submitted: September 30th, 2018
Medical Request: November 12th, 2019
Medical Approved: November 16th, 2019
Invitation to Pre-Arrival Services: November 27th, 2019
Ghost Update: early February 2020

Estimated remaining processing time: 37 Day(s), 94% complete.
Estimated completion date: May 6, 2020

I'm a single person coming into Canada. I'm from the United States.

When I check this, it says "decision made," but its most recent update is: "medical results have been received."
If it says “decision made”, you’ve already completed the process, congratulations!

You only need to wait for passport request. Most probably you will wait till the end of this current pandemic health issues.

Do you remember when its status changed to “decision made”?

Mar 22, 2020
If it says “decision made”, you’ve already completed the process, congratulations!

You only need to wait for passport request. Most probably you will wait till the end of this current pandemic health issues.

Do you remember when its status changed to “decision made”?
Thanks!

Are you sure though? I don't really understand the explanation, but it seems like the "decision made" can also mean that they received my medical results and made a decision with them? I don't get it.

Also, does anyone here know that when I do get the passport request if I can just go to the Canadian border myself instead of sending it through the mail? I live 30 minutes away from the Canadian border, and so far my student and work permits were given to me there as an American citizen.

As for when I remember when the status was changed to "Decision Made", I'm not sure. I usually check this site to see updates about my PR (permanent residency), and one day I decided to check the other one. This was about a week ago.

bassamkaaki

Star Member
Mar 15, 2020
Thanks!

Are you sure though? I don't really understand the explanation, but it seems like the "decision made" can also mean that they received my medical results and made a decision with them? I don't get it.

Also, does anyone here know that when I do get the passport request if I can just go to the Canadian border myself instead of sending it through the mail? I live 30 minutes away from the Canadian border, and so far my student and work permits were given to me there as an American citizen.

As for when I remember when the status was changed to "Decision Made", I'm not sure. I usually check this site to see updates about my PR (permanent residency), and one day I decided to check the other one. This was about a week ago.
Decision made is the final decision taken on your application. Medical results don't have a decision made but instead says "medical results passed" when they are passed. You have a similar time frame as mine too, since we are both applying from the States I guess. My end end date for processing is May 16th 2020 while yours is May 6th 2020 as you had informed us above. Perhaps we need to wait till our final processing time before we hear "Passport Request" if all goes well. You know the current situation worldwide is not helping in terms of faster processing. I pray for you and for me and all the rest of the people waiting to hear good news from the immigration authorities. :) Good Luck :)