+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

VALORIES

Mar 12, 2018
It seems a QSW applicant is able to get CSQ within 6 months but still needs to wait for the Federal for 21 months.

As long as they start to issue CSQs less than 12 months, the backlog of the PR applications at the Federal side will pile up quickly.
Because there is a yearly maximum quota which is given my Quebec for Federal to process applications.

So, optimizations at Arrima system is not actually that important. They must clear the backlog at the Federal side if they really want to accelerate their immigration process.

Otherwise, Quebec will process CSQ faster and Federal side PR processing times will exceed 24 months or more.

I got my CSQ after more than 48 months. Now, I am waiting for the Federal to process my application for 6 months.
seems you still believe that FIFO procedures. Take a look at the PEQs, time consumed at federal seems way shorter than normal applicants from Outland. Also plz consult latest statement from CAQ on the issue of selecting candidates, the statement clearly prioritize those who have experiences locally.

Month ago, PEQ takes same time as outland applicants but recently PEQs applicants are processed faster and faster.

BTW, just like the status bar, forget about the 21 months processing time. It is only a small trick that IRCC is playing with us. Nobody knows if it is true that 80% of applicants can be processed within that time period. Check this forum, which is not persuasive, though, given the smaller Nos of applicants here comparing to worldwide, and see how many have been finished within that timeline.

almost_pr

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
I’m wondering what you answered in the guide tool link in the question: Have you been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada?

Should I expect to receive a document stating that I’m approved in principle?
This question is poorly worded.
If you have received an AOR from CIC, the answer is yes.

dearmilkyway

Oct 10, 2017
seems you still believe that FIFO procedures. Take a look at the PEQs, time consumed at federal seems way shorter than normal applicants from Outland. Also plz consult latest statement from CAQ on the issue of selecting candidates, the statement clearly prioritize those who have experiences locally.

Month ago, PEQ takes same time as outland applicants but recently PEQs applicants are processed faster and faster.

BTW, just like the status bar, forget about the 21 months processing time. It is only a small trick that IRCC is playing with us. Nobody knows if it is true that 80% of applicants can be processed within that time period. Check this forum, which is not persuasive, though, given the smaller Nos of applicants here comparing to worldwide, and see how many have been finished within that timeline.
Due to my observation and also due to the posts & timeframes shared on this forum, the Federal processing time is around 20 months (+-3 months). So, yes I still do believe that processing timeline.

Besides, it is normal that PEQ applications are processed faster because they receive priority processing, especially while their CSQs issued.
PEQ has its own additional requirements and they are written clearly on MIDI website.

If you have a dataset which shows the Federal PR processing timelines for QSW, from the applicants who are not on this forum, please share.
Otherwise, several WhatsApp groups and this forum is the only source of information.

I am on this journey from 2014 and my first aim was to settle into Canada asap, during this 5+ years time I worked in 3 different countries and obtained PRs of those countries, currently holding the PR of a European country. Canada is still processing my application, I think this is the real problem.

Reactions: Seema22

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
This question is poorly worded.
If you have received an AOR from CIC, the answer is yes.
No this is not true, I spoke with CIC agent to confirm this, She said, This is totally different than AOR,

She even check my PR application for same, I have already passed medical but still it does not mean "I have been told by an Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office that you are approved in principle for permanent residence in Canada"

I understand that doing this worked for you, but I think that could be the case where processing officer didnt check your Quebec Skilled worker PR file or Ignored it.

Last edited:

ab.alzoabi

Mar 7, 2019
Montreal
Category........
Other
App. Filed.......
1-11-2021
Due to my observation and also due to the posts & timeframes shared on this forum, the Federal processing time is around 20 months (+-3 months). So, yes I still do believe that processing timeline.

Besides, it is normal that PEQ applications are processed faster because they receive priority processing, especially while their CSQs issued.
PEQ has its own additional requirements and they are written clearly on MIDI website.

If you have a dataset which shows the Federal PR processing timelines for QSW, from the applicants who are not on this forum, please share.
Otherwise, several WhatsApp groups and this forum is the only source of information.

I am on this journey from 2014 and my first aim was to settle into Canada asap, during this 5+ years time I worked in 3 different countries and obtained PRs of those countries, currently holding the PR of a European country. Canada is still processing my application, I think this is the real problem.

that's not true. PEQ applicants only get faster processing in the CSQ stage but everyone gets the same treatment on the federal level.

I am a PEQ applicant and i got my CSQ in 20 days. Yet i've been waiting for my PR for 32 months now!!

Does someone know if there's anything i can do? here's the situation:

I was told by my MP that i passed all the process steps 5 months ago (even the background check: criminality and security) and every months they open my file and set a new revision date one month later. my next revision date is august 4th.

it makes me crazy how people who applied 1 year after me got their PR way before me!! please someone advise me what i can do :(
especially because my post graduation work permit expired and i applied for an open work permit and am on implied status now with 1.5 month processing time left according to cic website. and no one wants to employ me before i get my work permit.

Mansev

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Visa Office......
nova scotia
Hello friends, I am outland applicant from India
Applied 23
Aug 2017
Aor Nov 2017
Document request March 2018 ,pcc,rprf
Medical may 2018
Document request June 2018 pcc before send wrong one
Background check start June 2018
2 gcms stuck on criminality, no crimal record
Call them many times ,emails same reply pls wait everything ok with your file .
Yesterday call them again they said they reviewing your file .criminality still in progress Security not started.
Losing hope now, frustrated don't know what to do, if anyone can suggest can I do something or send them something to move my file .

Calinda

Star Member
Nov 7, 2017
Hello friends, I am outland applicant from India
Applied 23
Aug 2017
Aor Nov 2017
Document request March 2018 ,pcc,rprf
Medical may 2018
Document request June 2018 pcc before send wrong one
Background check start June 2018
2 gcms stuck on criminality, no crimal record
Call them many times ,emails same reply pls wait everything ok with your file .
Yesterday call them again they said they reviewing your file .criminality still in progress Security not started.
Losing hope now, frustrated don't know what to do, if anyone can suggest can I do something or send them something to move my file .
Dont be upset it will come you already did your medical and you are closer than you think, I applied on 2015 my file started process on federal on March 2018, and still no news but I am trying not to lose hopes. Good luck buddy