+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
My ECAS status has changed to Decision Made. I called cic and the agent confirmed that my application has been approved.

Visa Office: SYDNEY, PEQ Inland applicant

Detailed Timeline:

Application Received: 22 June 2017
Acknowledgement of Receipt: 10 October 2017
Medical Request: 14 February 2018
Medical Passed: 23 February 2018
Pre arrival email: 27 September 2018

I called cic in April and the agent informed me that my medical results have been extended to February 2020.

Good Luck everyone and thank you for your
Congratulations.

Reactions: mkm221

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hello Everyone,

Somehow feeling a little low today. Hence for staying motivated, need your inputs on when can we expect the next round of medical requests. Its been 8 months since my Federal File Received Date, and my ECAS still shows 'Application Received'.

On the other hand, I wonder whether or not it would make sense for me to get medical request now, considering the total processing timeline is 21 months, and I am still 13 months away from the finish line. Even if I get Medical Request now, chances are high that it would expire in the next 12 months, when I would still be shown another 2-4 months of the pending timeline(assuming CIC further raises the timelines). I don't want to be unnecessarily negative, but at least that's what I have seen with most of the cases getting DM after 25 months when their processing timeline was 20 months.

I will really appreciate if people in this group can share their inputs based upon their anticipations/past experiences.

Thanks in advance!!

pinkkk_blueee

Star Member
Oct 23, 2018
My ECAS status has changed to Decision Made. I called cic and the agent confirmed that my application has been approved.

Visa Office: SYDNEY, PEQ Inland applicant

Detailed Timeline:

Application Received: 22 June 2017
Acknowledgement of Receipt: 10 October 2017
Medical Request: 14 February 2018
Medical Passed: 23 February 2018
Pre arrival email: 27 September 2018

I called cic in April and the agent informed me that my medical results have been extended to February 2020.

Congrants, where are you originally from?

almost_pr

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Not sure if this was a mistake or if you were just lacking the words. There are positive and negative things about this threat. On one hand it provides a place where questions can be asked to people in a similar situation. After all, I learned about the different steps of PR processing and even about the inner working of CIC. I now know how to request case files and interpret them. I learned how to get an open work permit. Knowing all these things helped me stay calm and not freak out like for example @lackofusername00.

On the other hand, I got sucked into a vortex of worrying. This threat is an echo chamber of people constantly worrying, which led me to worry about my application as well. In the end, there was nothing wrong with the application, it just took longer than expected. Me personally (for others it might be different), had I not been on this forum, the outcome would have been exactly the same, and maybe I would have spent much less time anxiously checking my application profile (I even created a python script to automatically check for updates on ECAS, so I could do it faster several times a day).

So these are my words of caution. Use this threat wisely. Don't get sucked into the stream of negativity spread by people like you know who.

Good luck to everyone. See you again in the forum for citizenship.

So long, and thanks everyone for your
;)

PS: I will keep developing and managing the spreadsheet for a little while longer, and will eventually transfer ownership to someone else (preferably someone with google sheets scripting experience). Let me know if you are interested.

mkm221

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Not sure if this was a mistake or if you were just lacking the words. There are positive and negative things about this threat. On one hand it provides a place where questions can be asked to people in a similar situation. After all, I learned about the different steps of PR processing and even about the inner working of CIC. I now know how to request case files and interpret them. I learned how to get an open work permit. Knowing all these things helped me stay calm and not freak out like for example @lackofusername00.

On the other hand, I got sucked into a vortex of worrying. This threat is an echo chamber of people constantly worrying, which led me to worry about my application as well. In the end, there was nothing wrong with the application, it just took longer than expected. Me personally (for others it might be different), had I not been on this forum, the outcome would have been exactly the same, and maybe I would have spent much less time anxiously checking my application profile (I even created a python script to automatically check for updates on ECAS, so I could do it faster several times a day).

So these are my words of caution. Use this threat wisely. Don't get sucked into the stream of negativity spread by people like you know who.

;)

PS: I will keep developing and managing the spreadsheet for a little while longer, and will eventually transfer ownership to someone else (preferably someone with google sheets scripting experience). Let me know if you are interested.
The missing word is Support

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
What insights will this exact, official number give you?
Insight being whether I should wait for a PR from Quebec when I can get it faster thru Express Entry because my situations have changed now.
I also have an EOI from Australia. So these numbers will help me and others like me to decide if we should waste our time relying on Quebec to get its act together or move on.

Last edited:

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019

;)

> I learned how to get an open work permit.

How do you get an open work permit in Quebec unless you are a spouse of a closed work permit applicant ?

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
This is very helpful. Thank you very much for that information. I was under the impression that one could apply only closed work permit in Quebec.

So closed work permit if one holds a CSQ and have not applied for permanent residency yet.
Open work permit if one holds a CSQ and have applied for permanent residency.

I might need to apply for an open work permit next year as I wont be getting PPR by that time with the current processing times.

One more question for you, my CSQ will also expire at the same as that of my current work permit.

CSQ expiry : October 30, 2020
Work permit expiry : October 30, 2020
( This is because I renewed my work permit with CSQ on October 30 2018)

Can I apply to get an open work permit like in August 2020, even if my CSQ is about to expire ?

almost_pr

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Open work permit if one holds a CSQ and have applied for permanent residency.
Yes, but this is not something official, you will also find people claiming it is not possible. But I and others are living proof that it is possible. I was on a closed work permit first, then open work permit. There was a bit of a tense moment when my employer told me that they used to NOT accept open work permits (in the end they did), so my advice is also to ask your current employer.

Can I apply to get an open work permit like in August 2020, even if my CSQ is about to expire ?
I have no experience in that, but I think as long as the CSQ is valid when you apply for OWP, then you should be fine.
You can apply 4 month before the work permit expires, but not earlier.

May 16, 2019
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
06-12-2017
AOR Received.
20-02-2018
Hi @almost_pr,

I noticed your signature (items 6 and 7 from your status) says your file was at "ready for PS" and then "PS". Do you have any idea what is that and how many time does it stay there?

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Yes, but this is not something official, you will also find people claiming it is not possible. But I and others are living proof that it is possible. I was on a closed work permit first, then open work permit. There was a bit of a tense moment when my employer told me that they used to NOT accept open work permits (in the end they did), so my advice is also to ask your current employer.

I have no experience in that, but I think as long as the CSQ is valid when you apply for OWP, then you should be fine.
You can apply 4 month before the work permit expires, but not earlier.

Yes, but this is not something official, you will also find people claiming it is not possible.Yes, but this is not something official, you will also find people claiming it is not possible.
There is merit to those claims :-
From the below link:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec-cases/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html

Under operational instructions:
" Only employer-specific work permits are to be issued (no open work permits). "

From the same link,
" the work permit (initial application or renewal) may be issued under the LMIA exemption code A75, even if the CSQ is expired "
So this clears that.

When it comes to support, my employer is an angel. Lets just say they have a lot at stake with me not being able to work for them but not in python though ;)
Thanks again for your replies.

Ljcar

Jun 20, 2019
Good day everybody.

I am in Federal stage. Got my aor in March. I have a question. I see someone has posted that one possible factor for processing delay is that the agent cannot verify your degree with your University back home.

How is this possible? Why the agent is verifying this information? Isn't the Federal stage supposed to be only to verify admission requirements to Canada, such as criminal records, medical etc? The selection was already done by québec who verified diplomas etc. Where is it established that the Federal stage will communicate to universities to verify diplomas for québec selected skill workers? For express entry yes I understand but for québec I don't understand why.

Thanks