+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Sorry I am not here to argue or belittle anyone
From your link :

Refunds of the employer compliance fee may be initiated if :
  • the work permit application is refused; or
  • the employer withdraws their offer of employment in writing prior to the issuance of the work permit and the work permit application is therefore refused.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
From your link :

Refunds of the employer compliance fee may be initiated if :
  • the work permit application is refused; or
  • the employer withdraws their offer of employment in writing prior to the issuance of the work permit and the work permit application is therefore refused.
So?

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
My friends employer didn't withdraw and his employer didn't posted the job on portal. I don't understand what you are talking about here.
Employer compliance fees is for posting job offer, So if your friend's employer paid $230 that means he submitted job offer for him.

I have done the whole process myself on behalf of my employer, My employer gave me his card to make payment as payment must be done from employer's account.

I do understand you get the information from your friend, I am just trying to say if you dint know the whole story, listen to others.

The ID you are talking about is called "JOB OFFER ID"

I hope you understand now.

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Employer compliance fees is for posting job offer, So if your friend's employer paid $230 that means he submitted job offer for him.

I have done the whole process myself on behalf of my employer, My employer gave me his card to make payment as payment must be done from employer's account.

I do understand you get the information from your friend, I am just trying to say if you dint know the whole story, listen to others.

I hope you understand now.
Submitting job offer is different to posting job on the portal which you initially said. My friend says you are misguided and lack knowledge or spreading rumors here. You must know the difference between two

Ghostrider0789

Apr 20, 2016
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Nova Scotia - London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
05-08-2018
Doc's Request.
07-08-2018
AOR Received.
16-03-2019
Med's Request
24-04-2019 - Upfront
Med's Done....
30-05-2019
Submitting job offer is different to posting job on the portal which you initially said. My friend says you are misguided and lack knowledge or spreading rumors here. You must know the difference between two
Do you even read whatever you are writing here ?

"Submitting job offer is different to posting job"

BTW thanks to your friend for his compliments and I guess he doesn't talk directly right ? need someone to talk behalf of him :p

Immstu

Champion Member
Jul 31, 2017
Do you even read whatever you are writing here ?

"Submitting job offer is different to posting job"

BTW thanks to your friend for his compliments and I guess he doesn't talk directly right ? need someone to talk behalf of him :p
Unfortunately you can't understand plain English. I should have figured it out before. My bad. Really sorry for wasting my time with you.

ronky0525

Jan 22, 2019
@Immstu and @Ghostrider0789, the forum is about sharing one's personal experience or close ones experience you understand so well to be able to guide ourself on this platform. For people to have passed through the phase of getting CSQ and applied for federal is not really a soothing experience. And at this moment is to see how helpful we can lend hand in the most polite way. I wish all the best and that we cross all hurdles thrown in our ways to clinch our PPR. Cheers to all and lets keep the hopes high by lifting others in our wealth of knowledge we may have on the immigration process.

Last edited:

almost_pr

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
how did you manage to get open work permit after closed work permit.
This is the post that encouraged me to apply myself: CSQ to Obtain an Open Work Permit in Quebec Post #7

As suggested, I used the tool: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html to guide me to the application. The main form I filled was the IMM5710e: Application to change conditions, extend my stay, or remain in Canada as a worker.

In this form I selected: "Apply for a work permit for the first time or with as new employer";
Type of work permit: "Open work Permit"; and
Name of employer: "Empty"

to name a few important fields

Aside from required forms, the document I provided were:

1) AOR
2) Proof of medicals done in last 1 year
3) Valid CSQ
4) Passport Photo
5) Passport pages
6) Valid current Work permit
7) Letter of explanation, which included cover letter, as well as 1) and 6) as PDF
8) Payment 155 + 100 CAD

I applied 4 months before my WP expires, and it took 3 month to get it. There is a small remark on the Work Permit that says "APR pending". APR means Application for Permanent Residence, I assume.

I'm an inland applicant, PEQ stream.

Hope this helps!

Zod91

Star Member
Nov 16, 2017
Just a quick question. When it says that the processing time is 20 months, it is from the date they receive our application right?

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
This is the post that encouraged me to apply myself: CSQ to Obtain an Open Work Permit in Quebec Post #7

As suggested, I used the tool: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/come-canada-tool.html to guide me to the application. The main form I filled was the IMM5710e: Application to change conditions, extend my stay, or remain in Canada as a worker.

In this form I selected: "Apply for a work permit for the first time or with as new employer";
Type of work permit: "Open work Permit"; and
Name of employer: "Empty"

to name a few important fields

Aside from required forms, the document I provided were:

1) AOR
2) Proof of medicals done in last 1 year
3) Valid CSQ
4) Passport Photo
5) Passport pages
6) Valid current Work permit
7) Letter of explanation, which included cover letter, as well as 1) and 6) as PDF
8) Payment 155 + 100 CAD

I applied 4 months before my WP expires, and it took 3 month to get it. There is a small remark on the Work Permit that says "APR pending". APR means Application for Permanent Residence, I assume.

I'm an inland applicant, PEQ stream.

Hope this helps!
Hey I would like to know more about open work permit through csq. I am on PGWP. It will expire on June 2020. I am in toronto and want to know more about it. CSQ was issued on DEC 2016 which i received on Jan 2017. For getting an OWP through CSQ do we need job offer letter from quebec? since its an OWP is it required? will there be any problem if I apply by staying in Ontario? Will be grateful if you share some info on this issue. How long did you get the OWP under this application?