+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
Hi all. I will be travelling as a CoPR holder from Mauritius to my final destination which is Montreal. I have a CSQ from Quebec. Is it a problem if I transit via Toronto to Montreal? Thanks
You are that arrogant fellow who types in ALL CAPS and started a flame war in one of the other threads. Wonder why you were not banned by the mods.

Laithhisham

Oct 31, 2018
Heard the sad news that bill 9 is now a law, will this affect applicants like me who are on federal stage and waiting for dm/ppr?
Dear trueno You already passed step for Apply CSQ and in federal stage ,,, this only for applicant who apply for CSQ ,,, sleep well and not thinking about Bill 9 and not worry ,,, this different situation between applied for CSQ and applied for federal. Don’t worry friend.

Reactions: Seema22 and trueno

Qxx1

Oct 29, 2015
This is really bad, but everyone guessed it already since they initiated this. I have so many friends who will be getting affected by this. Many of them moved already and many will have to move now, many are in treacherous situation as work permits will expire before they gain 1 year Canadian exp, if they get jobs where they move.
I was lucky to get my csq in time, some of my friend had their file processing along with me but they didn't receive CSQ and got caught up in this mess.
just for ref I applied for csq 12 Dec 2017 and got doc req in April 2018 and CSQ in Sept 2018. I applied for PR in Oct 2018 and the online progress bar/ timeline showing a date of 31st July 2020 for completion of my application but similar timeline for my friend is over in this month and he has not yet received PR
I wonder how it will affect the current federal process of at all..

EVA RAO

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
02/12/2015
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hope Soon
It’s sad for people don’t received CSQ in time and it will effect their family a lot but at other end I think due to bill 9 is now pass the application in federal stage will be quicker because immigration will not receive more application soon and they will be able to clear some backlog

Ones again. Sorry for people missed out on CSQ but it’s 3rd or 4th time Quebec govt. cancel CSQ application

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
It’s sad for people don’t received CSQ in time and it will effect their family a lot but at other end I think due to bill 9 is now pass the application in federal stage will be quicker because immigration will not receive more application soon and they will be able to clear some backlog

Ones again. Sorry for people missed out on CSQ but it’s 3rd or 4th time Quebec govt. cancel CSQ application
If I am not wrong I guess there will be more backlogs due to 6mnth processing time of Arrima. Now more applications will be send for federal stage when they will be getting csq within 6mnths or so...

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Does anybody know how long it usually takes to get your passport stamped by CEC for PPR? It has been almost 3 weeks and I have not received my passport.
Usually 10 working days, unless they have some other priorities. Don't worry, you will get it back soon! Cheers!

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hi all. I will be travelling as a CoPR holder from Mauritius to my final destination which is Montreal. I have a CSQ from Quebec. Is it a problem if I transit via Toronto to Montreal? Thanks
No problems till the time you have your onward journey already booked from Toronto to Montreal. You MUST be able to prove the immigration officer at Toronto that you are heading towards Quebec, and in no ways you intent to stay outside Quebec. Bear in mind, your PR is finalized ONLY after border immigration officer stamps your visa after you land there. He has full rights to deport you back if he finds anything suspicious.

Last, but not least, I will suggest you land directly in Quebec. Cheers!

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
No it will not.
Bill 9 is for the applicants who haven't received CSQ , and it doesn't apply to those who are already in federal stage.
Ok. But how do they then plan to enforce Quebec Values and French Test for CSQ holders, whose file is with Federal Right Now? I am pretty sure, people like us will have to take those tests for sure, maybe before applying for Citizenship. @ShannonT

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
If I am not wrong I guess there will be more backlogs due to 6mnth processing time of Arrima. Now more applications will be send for federal stage when they will be getting csq within 6mnths or so...
No, If I am not wrong, the number of CSQs issued by Arima will be very less, kind of 2-3K per month at max, just like the way Exp Entry issued EOIs. This is because 2-3K per month will help them achieve their annual quota of roughly 40K immigrants. I don't think it will be a problem. Stay assured, we are far away from Arima getting operational, and anyways you will have already received your PPR by then. So relax!!

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
No problems till the time you have your onward journey already booked from Toronto to Montreal. You MUST be able to prove the immigration officer at Toronto that you are heading towards Quebec, and in no ways you intent to stay outside Quebec. Bear in mind, your PR is finalized ONLY after border immigration officer stamps your visa after you land there. He has full rights to deport you back if he finds anything suspicious.

Last, but not least, I will suggest you land directly in Quebec. Cheers!
thanks a lot..I have my tickets booked to Montreal and I have my rent papers sent to me by landlord in Montreal. hope that will convince the immigration officer

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
You are that arrogant fellow who types in ALL CAPS and started a flame war in one of the other threads. Wonder why you were not banned by the mods.
I really did not know that CAPS is offensive. not arrogant at all. have a nice day