+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Canadadreams...

Jun 15, 2019
Isn't the Quebec govt also going to put a clause like "conditional PR only" and only if you pass Quebec values test and French, then only your conditional PR will convert to permanent PR ?

What I read in the Bill is that, Quebec will persuade Federal govt to modify the Canada Quebec accord and add that conditional clause.

Since we are at Federal stage and if something like that happens, will we get "conditional" residency ?

Can you please ask your lawyer about this too ? I think many here will have the same question.
According to my perspective Quebec government can delay the federal process due to the huge backlog as they claim to say , but they can't impose those new rules on the applicants who already received CSQ.PR is approved by the federal government,CSQ has got nothing to deal with PR according to me.

yesh

Mar 6, 2018
Hi Folks,
I’m waiting for my pr after csq . Currently in my 20th month and I’m with a closed work permit. August 1st is my estimated decision date. If I wait after August too, in case Quebec govt suddenly passes a new bill on values (lot of buzz in the internet)that includes higher degree of French proficiency then the chances of me clearing it are really low . Else if there is no values test too , before bill 9 itself as per the spreadsheet data and other info the government almost never honoured the deadlines mostly 3-4months after the posted deadline . I’m wondering, after this bill it may be more than previous , say 5-6 months .So , what I’m thinking is to cancel my current permanent residency through Quebec After August and apply for express entry (i do easily cross the min threshold points ), since I’m an inland applicant it will be mostly less than 6 months . I don’t know if this is a good idea .Any suggestions please ?

yesh

Mar 6, 2018
But as per the Canada Quebec Accord , Quebec has every right to ask the federal to limit or change the process in which permanent residents are allowed inside Quebec. An old link for ref :-
https://www.ledevoir.com/politique/quebec/548692/immigration-une-promesse-irrealiste#
According to my perspective Quebec government can delay the federal process due to the huge backlog as they claim to say , but they can't impose those new rules on the applicants who already received CSQ.PR is approved by the federal government,CSQ has got nothing to deal with PR according to me.

Canadadreams...

Jun 15, 2019
Hi Folks,
I’m waiting for my pr after csq . Currently in my 20th month and I’m with a closed work permit. August 1st is my estimated decision date. If I wait after August too, in case Quebec govt suddenly passes a new bill on values (lot of buzz in the internet)that includes higher degree of French proficiency then the chances of me clearing it are really low . Else if there is no values test too , before bill 9 itself as per the spreadsheet data and other info the government almost never honoured the deadlines mostly 3-4months after the posted deadline . I’m wondering, after this bill it may be more than previous , say 5-6 months .So , what I’m thinking is to cancel my current permanent residency through Quebec After August and apply for express entry (i do easily cross the min threshold points ), since I’m an inland applicant it will be mostly less than 6 months . I don’t know if this is a good idea .Any suggestions please ?
Then according to the new Bill you'll have to have the French proficiency done.I suggest you to contact an immigration lawyer before you decide to cancel your PR Application.

EVA RAO

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
02/12/2015
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hope Soon
I suggest people in forum please don’t be scared and don’t spread fear in other applicant no rules can change for CSQ holder only they can take more time but in that case they have to justify why it’s delaying application currently they are saying we have lots of application coming every month that’s why we are slow but now as bill-9 is Passed no more new CSQ and in AARIMA not more application like 15000-18000 in general QSWP so I think they will clear backlog ASAP

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
I don’t know what can surprise us anymore. Maybe just like biometrics, we will have another criteria for the test too.
As far as french is concerned, you all had a TEF exam for CSQ application right? In any case, French and Quebec French is a little bit different and can only be learned when we land .
For Quebec values, interviews during csq application were on topics related to CA.

However, we are no more CSQ related category but dealing with the federal government directly now. It is up to the government to grant us the right to land following our invitation from Quebec. Or Quebec might revoke the selection certificate and federal will reject all applications...

We might get a better understanding by the end of this week. Those who can ask their firm/lawyer , that would be awesome.
Nope, I haven't appeared in French exam so far as I never claimed points for French while applying CSQ. I agree we all are in a dilemma right now as we don't know how these additional policies will be enforced, and if they will have any impact on people already in Federal Stage. One thing is pretty clear though, people who have already received their PR and intend to apply citizenship might not have a big challenge as its the Federal Government holding the lawmaking capacity and not Quebec anymore. But again, we just still need to stay hopeful. As its said - "In God's home, there is delay but no denial."! Cheers!

almost_pr

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
Dear arc6016 :- Thank you for sharing the link but many of us not understanding French language ,,, kindly from anyone can give us simple translation to English .
Don't worry about it. It is not relevant for this forum.
People and @arc6016 please stop posting stuff about Bill 9. It is not relevant to CSQ holders. It just creates unnecessary anxiety. Start a new threat if you want to discuss Bill 9.

arc6016

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
Category........
QSW
Don't worry about it. It is not relevant for this forum.
People and @arc6016 please stop posting stuff about Bill 9. It is not relevant to CSQ holders. It just creates unnecessary anxiety. Start a new threat if you want to discuss Bill 9.
Hey don't get upset.
This link says that csq applicants before August 2018 will not be affected by bil 9.
Somebody posted it in other thread so i thought it may help us to decrease anxiety and posted it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Seema22