+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

ertarun

Apr 14, 2016
Hello,

I have a similar timeline as urs. Sincerely I am thinking about this everyday...what will I do if i don't hear from them by the 20th month? To be sincere, the whole process is so stressful and very often we've reached a u-turn point. I think I will wait till my medical expire...that is 21mths in all! Then possibly re-think about it.

What are you planning to do?
Come on my friend, you don't have to take that U-turn, nor even think of it. I know its stressful, but remember you are a self-made person, who spent countless days of effort to get through. Don't get frustrated, U-turn is never going to help. Just think of your future generations reaping the fruit of what you are sowing for them today. Your efforts would never go waste. Just Keep calm, live in your present, and the big day with the golden email will follow its own path to your doors!

Cheers!

Patience17

Star Member
Jan 10, 2019
Come on my friend, you don't have to take that U-turn, nor even think of it. I know its stressful, but remember you are a self-made person, who spent countless days of effort to get through. Don't get frustrated, U-turn is never going to help. Just think of your future generations reaping the fruit of what you are sowing for them today. Your efforts would never go waste. Just Keep calm, live in your present, and the big day with the golden email will follow its own path to your doors!

Cheers!

Thanks for the encouragement dear!

Reactions: ertarun

rickdecakrd

Feb 26, 2018
Hi Guys,

Today 1 year ago I sent my application for PR via PEQ skilled workers. I received AOR 3 months passed medical 6 months later. The background check already started but the Review of eligibility is still on the "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" stage.
Is that normal???

Thanks

lsac

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hi Guys,

Today 1 year ago I sent my application for PR via PEQ skilled workers. I received AOR 3 months passed medical 6 months later. The background check already started but the Review of eligibility is still on the "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" stage.
Is that normal???

Thanks
Yes, my file is from end November 2017, passed the medicals in January 2019 and it's still showing the same message as yours.

Reactions: rickdecakrd

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
How do you know this? What is the source of your information?
https://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/107896-Everything-to-do-with-CAIPS-Notes-Re-Immigration-Canada

Apart from this, I called CIC regarding my application status and enquired about the information given on GCMS notes. One of the Rep said that it is sent for pre screening.

Also I have mailed the immigration minister Hon’ Ahmed Hussain and have received following mail from the office:-

Dear ************

The Office of the Prime Minister has kindly forwarded to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, a copy of your correspondence of April 18, 2019, regarding your application for permanent residence. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is also in receipt of your correspondence addressed to Minister Hussen, on the same topic. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes every effort to deal with the applications they receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department would like.

Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which the Department has no control.

IRCC records indicate that your application for permanent residence was received on August 18, 2017, and is being actively processed at the Centralized Intake Office. Records further indicate that security verifications are currently in queue for review by one of IRCC partner agencies.

While I cannot provide a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted should any additional information or documentation be required, or once a final decision has been made.

While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.

Sincerely,

P. Rivard

Ministerial Enquiries Division

almost_pr

Star Member
Nov 9, 2018
https://dr1.com/forums/showthread.php/107896-Everything-to-do-with-CAIPS-Notes-Re-Immigration-Canada

Apart from this, I called CIC regarding my application status and enquired about the information given on GCMS notes. One of the Rep said that it is sent for pre screening.

Also I have mailed the immigration minister Hon’ Ahmed Hussain and have received following mail from the office:-

Dear ************
The Office of the Prime Minister has kindly forwarded to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, a copy of your correspondence of April 18, 2019, regarding your application for permanent residence. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) is also in receipt of your correspondence addressed to Minister Hussen, on the same topic. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

I appreciate you sharing the circumstances that prompted you to write. Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) makes every effort to deal with the applications they receive in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department would like.

Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that our partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which the Department has no control.

IRCC records indicate that your application for permanent residence was received on August 18, 2017, and is being actively processed at the Centralized Intake Office. Records further indicate that security verifications are currently in queue for review by one of IRCC partner agencies.

While I cannot provide a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted should any additional information or documentation be required, or once a final decision has been made.

While I understand that this may not be the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.

Sincerely,

P. Rivard
Ministerial Enquiries Division

Appreciate the effort, but I'm not convinced that PS means Pre-screening. The link you sent refers to PS as either "Prescreen" or "Paper selection".

"Screening" is something you do coarsely and early in the process. Then you go into more detail. It does not make sense to me that someone at 20 month is at the pre-screening stage. It would make sense for someone who has just started their application. Even if true, what does "pre-screening" then mean??? On the other hand, paper selection is also obscure, but at least it would make sense to "select" rather than "screen" at the stage we are.

Anyone else have more insight?
Best, almost_pr

Mapleleaves21forever

Star Member
Sep 25, 2018
Category........
Other
Passport Req..
waiting....
Appreciate the effort, but I'm not convinced that PS means Pre-screening. The link you sent refers to PS as either "Prescreen" or "Paper selection".

"Screening" is something you do coarsely and early in the process. Then you go into more detail. It does not make sense to me that someone at 20 month is at the pre-screening stage. It would make sense for someone who has just started their application. Even if true, what does "pre-screening" then mean??? On the other hand, paper selection is also obscure, but at least it would make sense to "select" rather than "screen" at the stage we are.

Anyone else have more insight?
Best, almost_pr
That is what they have told me ... yes at 20th month Pre-Screening doesn’t make any sense... Even medical expired, God knows what they are doing with my application. Have ordered 3 ATIP notes and all of them have the same status! File sent for PS. Waiting for some good news

Mansev

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Visa Office......
nova scotia
Hello friends,
My file location is also ps review since last year June 2018 ,according to my gcms and funny thing is security not even started till now . ..medicals gonna expire in 4 days .call them today and response is pls wait they don't know how long they gonna take already in 21 month.

adeboyeadejobi

Dec 6, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Nomination.....
15-07-2017
Hello friends,
My file location is also ps review since last year June 2018 ,according to my gcms and funny thing is security not even started till now . ..medicals gonna expire in 4 days .call them today and response is pls wait they don't know how long they gonna take already in 21 month.
Why don't you request for the Status of your application via Web Form?

It might spring something up on your file

Good Luck

Mansev

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Visa Office......
nova scotia
Why don't you request for the Status of your application via Web Form?

It might spring something up on your file

Good Luck
Hi adeboyeadejobi
I did many times same reply ,everything appears good with your application. Send them last week also mention about medicals but no reply yet, call them today they said pls wait they working on your file but not sure how long they will take .