+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

grepolito1

Jul 31, 2018
Hi , see my timeline below. I just sent my background check one week ago.

Applied for CSQ: Oct 2016
Documents requested: Apr 2017
1IR: Jul 2017
2IR: Sep 2017
3IR: Feb 2018
CSQ Received March 2018
Applied for PR March 21, 2018
AOR April 27, 2018
Medicals requested June 4, 2018
Background check requested June 8, 2018
are you an inland applicant?

grepolito1

Jul 31, 2018
we are in the almost same boat. i got my aor at May 8, at the same day i was asked for landing fee. right now, they are still reviewing my payment and have not start my background check. how about your situation?
I started my backgrounda check same date May 29, they requested for my current PCC. Are you an inland applicant? Hopefully we got our PPR fast.

nepalikp

Jan 22, 2018
I am frustrated for waiting time. It is almost five years. Before 5 years i was quite interested to go. Now I am not sure what I will do there ? 5 years of hard work here , how Can struggle same there again.
They want old and tired people?

tchange

Oct 27, 2015
Qsw paper based
Applied in July 2013
Csq March 2017
Federal application filed oct 2017
Aor Jan 2018
RPRF upfront
Meds and ppr waiting
It's been nine months since the application is filed.
When I applied processing time was 12 months now it is 17 months

I work in saudi and hardly I have my job till September because 100% saudization scheme expats are not allowed to work any more.
Is there any we we can request to process our application before time..
Thank you in advance for suggestions
Have a great day.
Hi friend,

Settlement fund required for a family of 3 for Quebec is $5,150 thereabout. If one gets a CSQ and apply to the federal for PR, will one be required to provide the federal settlement fund of $19,093 or not?

tchange

Oct 27, 2015
My Landing experience and Montreal experience:

Hi Guys,

I just want to share my landing experience. I have landed in Montreal via LAX about 8:30 am. I have downloaded the app for the declaration but it did not work at KIOSK so I manually entered my details and got the declaration slip. I have asked to proceed to the immigration officer. He asked my POR, passport, goods declaration and goods to follow list if any. I have provided all these forms and he asked me to wait for a while. After 10 minutes, he called me and gave my COPR with a seal and said Welcome to Canada and you are officially PR now. I said thanks and proceed to the baggage collection area where mine was the last baggage on the belt. I took it and searched for a coffee shop. After having cookies and coffee found a ticket (10$) machine Airport to Downtown. If you expect a great airport then you will be disappointed with Montreal as it is a very normal airport. Also, no air conditioner on buses though it is summer ( Canada is a cold country so they may not want to spend money on AC).

Pros
Montreal is a friendly city as of now
Everywhere French but people speak English when they know you do not speak French
You will feel peace
People are kind and respectful (Mostly)
Hi friend,

Settlement fund required for a family of 3 for Quebec is $5,150 thereabout. If one gets a CSQ and apply to the federal for PR, will one be required to provide the federal settlement fund of $19,093 or not?

tchange

Oct 27, 2015
Hi Guys, I finally passed the medical exam July 30,2018 . my AOR was March 2017 (London Office)
I paid all Fees and Submit Passports bio-pages copies as requested.
so what is next ?? and what is the expected period of time??
Hi, when you applied for PR with your CSQ, did you provide settlement fund for federal or used that of Quebec's?

tchange

Oct 27, 2015
hello, i am also landing in Montreal,god willing, next year with my family,,how did you book you accomodation?
Hi friend,

tchange

Oct 27, 2015
When I called CIC they said backround check is completed and they already submitted to agencies for security clearance. How much this process takes?
Applied on June 14 2017
Medical March 28th
Pre-arrival May 18th
waiting for DM / PPR

Applied from Nepal.
Hi Friend,

What settlement fund did you provide when you applied for PR with your CSQ, was it that of Federal (IRCC) or Quebec's?

tchange

Oct 27, 2015
URGENT

Hi guys, please i need your urgent response to this enquiry.

While using CSQ to apply to the federal government of Canada for a PR, will IRCC ask for settlement fund used for express entry or not? Will they simply use the one you provided while applying for CSQ?

nepalikp

Jan 22, 2018
URGENT

Hi guys, please i need your urgent response to this enquiry.

While using CSQ to apply to the federal government of Canada for a PR, will IRCC ask for settlement fund used for express entry or not? Will they simply use the one you provided while applying for CSQ?
I provided settlement fund but just bank statement only not actual money.

grepolito1

Jul 31, 2018
My AOR is 14 Feb 2018 and no update. I don't think we'll have any news before November as the processing time is very long at the moment. From what I read on forums, they ask for the medicals and any other documents closer to the end of the processing time, that is 17 months.
Hi, I think you should call or ask for your status, I
i am inland. to behonest, i have no clue why the process path of CIC is so random
Me too, In my file it says medical results have been received and linked online too I think they have seen my recent medical report which I did for my work permit as a nurse. So basically they thought I did medical upfront for my qsw. I dont know but lets hope for the best. Lets keep in touch.