+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

helldriver011

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Sorry to hear that! Not sure, why they would keep you on hold that long. It would be nice, if they at-least provided you the actual reason for the hold. Did you pass your medicals?
Actually, From my GCMS note, I saw that now they are doing my Security screening because the rest is done. I've passed the rest including the Medical. I asked for CISS update and expecting this week. I will know more once I will get that.

May 30, 2018
My Landing experience and Montreal experience:

Hi Guys,

I just want to share my landing experience. I have landed in Montreal via LAX about 8:30 am. I have downloaded the app for the declaration but it did not work at KIOSK so I manually entered my details and got the declaration slip. I have asked to proceed to the immigration officer. He asked my POR, passport, goods declaration and goods to follow list if any. I have provided all these forms and he asked me to wait for a while. After 10 minutes, he called me and gave my COPR with a seal and said Welcome to Canada and you are officially PR now. I said thanks and proceed to the baggage collection area where mine was the last baggage on the belt. I took it and searched for a coffee shop. After having cookies and coffee found a ticket (10$) machine Airport to Downtown. If you expect a great airport then you will be disappointed with Montreal as it is a very normal airport. Also, no air conditioner on buses though it is summer ( Canada is a cold country so they may not want to spend money on AC).

Pros
Montreal is a friendly city as of now
Everywhere French but people speak English when they know you do not speak French
You will feel peace
People are kind and respectful (Mostly)
Welcome to Montreal. You came at right time of the year. Summer is here and Fall around the corner. I am here in Montreal since 2012. Still waiting for PR though. I am also working as Govt. Licensed Financial Security Advisor. Being an immigrant myself, I understand the needs and obligations. You might need to wait for a while to get Health care card. Meanwhile you wait for it, I can help you with appropriate Emergency health coverage you need. Text or call at 438-931-1414.

nepalikp

Jan 22, 2018
When I called CIC they said backround check is completed and they already submitted to agencies for security clearance. How much this process takes?
Applied on June 14 2017
Medical March 28th
Pre-arrival May 18th
waiting for DM / PPR

Applied from Nepal.

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ

Neisha@21

May 29, 2018
Is that possible? Can you apply for a work permit if no company is sponsoring you?
try first as a visitor visa but should be atleast of more than six months. once you get that come to canada and apply for open work permit on aor basis. I think you should have no problem. but you should have a permit to canada which is more than 6 months 8 is also fine.

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Welcome to Montreal. You came at right time of the year. Summer is here and Fall around the corner. I am here in Montreal since 2012. Still waiting for PR though. I am also working as Govt. Licensed Financial Security Advisor. Being an immigrant myself, I understand the needs and obligations. You might need to wait for a while to get Health care card. Meanwhile you wait for it, I can help you with appropriate Emergency health coverage you need. Text or call at 438-931-1414.
hello/namaste india..my wife,baby and me will soon immigrate and we are interested in a quotation for the emergency health services before getting the official one..you can email me on atish_bhunjun@live.com..awaiting your reply..thx

zirawood

May 17, 2018
Will MIDI continue to issue CSQ on priority basis (Within 20 days)
under student PEQ category or will consider all PEQ-CSQ applications under new scheme (Expression of Interest) w.e.f. 2 Aug 2018?

MunnaReddy

Star Member
Aug 4, 2015
As of today its been 14 months. By end of this month my open work permit is about to expire and I have applied for the closed employer specific work permit. The processing time currently is 51 days and I am pretty sure I wont get it before my work permit expires. I could not find much information about continuing work/staying while application is being processed and switching work permit (Open to Closed). If anyone has can you please share.

May 30, 2018
As of today its been 14 months. By end of this month my open work permit is about to expire and I have applied for the closed employer specific work permit. The processing time currently is 51 days and I am pretty sure I wont get it before my work permit expires. I could not find much information about continuing work/staying while application is being processed and switching work permit (Open to Closed). If anyone has can you please share.
Hi Munna, I am in exactly same situation. My open work permit already expired while waiting for PPR. I had applied for work permit extension. Only condition will be you have to work with same employer till you are PR because work permit will be employer specific. If you want, Text or Call 438-931-1414.

Reactions: MunnaReddy

helldriver011

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Until you get a decision on your work permit, you should be able to work with that paper saying CIC have received your work permit application. I worked for 3 months between my study to open work permit.. But you can call CIC to clarify.

Reactions: MunnaReddy

grepolito1

Jul 31, 2018
Hi all, here's my timeline...inland PEQ applicant.

1. Docs received Nov 1st 2017
2. AOR on Jan 25th 2018
3. MR on July 25th, done medical on July 26th
4. Pre-arrival service email on July 26th
5. Medical passed update on July 30th

Now hopefully waiting for DM...
wow that was fast!! ❤ Hopefully mine too

grepolito1

Jul 31, 2018
Hi , see my timeline below. I just sent my background check one week ago.

Applied for CSQ: Oct 2016
Documents requested: Apr 2017
1IR: Jul 2017
2IR: Sep 2017
3IR: Feb 2018
CSQ Received March 2018
Applied for PR March 21, 2018
AOR April 27, 2018
Medicals requested June 4, 2018
Background check requested June 8, 2018
wow so fast. ❤ Hopefully mine too