+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Uhm... just to this email:

Dear Sir/Madam,

We are ready to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR).

Your CoPR will expire on January 17, 2018. You must meet with an Immigration officer on or before this date or before October 31st 2018, whichever comes first.

I hope they mean 2019......

Neisha@21

May 29, 2018
You were almost right.

I JUST GOT MY DM!!!!!!!!

17 months, 2 weeks, 1 day. (AOR was March 10, not 13...)

I can’t believe it. I’m on vacation, sitting on a dock, looking out over the Saguenay Fjord and crying my eyeballs out.
The waiting is over!!!!
CONGRATS...

Reactions: mriekje

ziyu

Star Member
May 20, 2018
why the waiting time is so long? i still can not fingure out what make them spend one month to review a receipt of landing fee

rickdecakrd

Feb 26, 2018
Hi People,

Hope someone can help me. I got my CSQ via PEQ Skilled workers last January. Applied for PR in March and got AOR. I have an employer specific work permit, but unfortunately can't handle the job anymore and I'm thinking of quitting. Is there a chance that they could revoke my CSQ because I quit the job and stay here as visitor (maybe studying french)? I'm scared since this type of CSQ is given under the assumption that you will be a worker in Quebec. I wouldn't want that to happen cos that would stop my PR application.

Also, I heard you can stay in the country for as long as your work permit is valid even if you quit the job. Let's say I'm unemployed but still with a valid work permit and I find a new job, would I be able to apply for a new work permit LMIA exempt, since I am a resident of quebec with CSQ and a valid job offer? I understand you can't do that if you have a visitor status.

I know, too many questions!

Thanks!

mkm221

Star Member
Jun 12, 2018
Hi People,

Hope someone can help me. I got my CSQ via PEQ Skilled workers last January. Applied for PR in March and got AOR. I have an employer specific work permit, but unfortunately can't handle the job anymore and I'm thinking of quitting. Is there a chance that they could revoke my CSQ because I quit the job and stay here as visitor (maybe studying french)? I'm scared since this type of CSQ is given under the assumption that you will be a worker in Quebec. I wouldn't want that to happen cos that would stop my PR application.

Also, I heard you can stay in the country for as long as your work permit is valid even if you quit the job. Let's say I'm unemployed but still with a valid work permit and I find a new job, would I be able to apply for a new work permit LMIA exempt, since I am a resident of quebec with CSQ and a valid job offer? I understand you can't do that if you have a visitor status.

I know, too many questions!

Thanks!
I have been unemployed in quebec for few months now. There is no problem with that as long as you have a status in canada. In my situation I have an open work permit that expires in Feb 2020 and expecting my pr in 3 to 4 months from now. In your situation, since u have ur pr in process they cant revoke ur csq as long as u r living in quebec. As for ur work permit, U need to apply for an open work permit not employer specific

Jashanpreet9909

Apr 7, 2018
Hello, everyone
Do anybody know after which course Permanent residency is easy if a person have french B2 level cleared,

I am doing DEC early childhood education at college LaSalle montreal.
Is it easy to get PR after the completion of my course under Quebec experience class???

Jashanpreet9909

Apr 7, 2018
Hello, everyone
Do anybody know after which course Permanent residency is easy if a person have french B2 level cleared,

I am doing DEC early childhood education at college LaSalle montreal.
Is it easy to get PR after the completion of my course under Quebec experience class???

ikjot84

Dec 16, 2017
I have applied for CSQ in November 2015 (paper format ) and have received AOR in december 2015.But since then I'm waiting n waiting n waiting.I am from India (Punjab).Does anybody knows the time frame for obtaining a CSQ?

EVA RAO

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
02/12/2015
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hope Soon
I have applied for CSQ in November 2015 (paper format ) and have received AOR in december 2015.But since then I'm waiting n waiting n waiting.I am from India (Punjab).Does anybody knows the time frame for obtaining a CSQ?
Bhai I think all 2015 application is finish check with your agent may be he has not informed you about out come or call MIDI

Jul 27, 2018
Hi Guys, i am new in this forum, my name is Neethu Pottekat, i have got my COPR and passport stamped by counterfoil. i have many doubts now regarding my travel immigration etc,,,,..... I have applied this migration first as quebec skilled worker in 2013, then 2016 they have been send federal application and filed for that, .... now in my COPR my destination province is quebec and airport is montreal. Actually my doubt is that i can travel anywhere canada after landing in montreal airport and finishing my formalities there or not.
Another doubt is should i show any proof of fund in montreal airport immigration . If anybody is there in this forum who recently landed in quebec as immigrant visa kindly reply.

stacyluv7987

Star Member
Apr 8, 2014
App. Filed.......
02-03-2018
AOR Received.
06-04-2018
After receiving Confirmation of Permanent Residence (CoPR) we must meet with the immigration within 3 or 4 months? I know they give an exact day on the paper, but I would like to know the average time given.

tjdnxor724

Star Member
Jul 13, 2018
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
App. Filed.......
23-08-2017
AOR Received.
26-11-2017
Med's Request
09-04-2018
Passport Req..
31-01-2019
LANDED..........
12-02-2019
You were almost right.

I JUST GOT MY DM!!!!!!!!

17 months, 2 weeks, 1 day. (AOR was March 10, not 13...)

I can’t believe it. I’m on vacation, sitting on a dock, looking out over the Saguenay Fjord and crying my eyeballs out.
The waiting is over!!!!
Congratz!! I wish I get DM also

Reactions: Kareem222