+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

moiz.kapadia

Star Member
Sep 17, 2012
Karachi
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
13-07-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Interview........
NA
LANDED..........
NA
Decision madeeeeeeee and PPR email this evening. The long wait is over. Well almost. Thank God.

App received June 7 2017
AOR September 26 2017
MR May 15 2018
Pre arrival email June 2 2018
DM and PPR July 20 2018
Congrtaz... I have 1 question, did u travel alot or less.. Its just my theory that the person who have less traveling history, have less bg process time and got DM early...

Reactions: hairking and Sherms

Sherms

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Congrtaz... I have 1 question, did u travel alot or less.. Its just my theory that the person who have less traveling history, have less bg process time and got DM early...
I wouldn't say less. When our family started the process we were in China. Then we moved to Cameroon (Africa). Now we are in the US. We've also been to the Caribbean (that's where I'm from).

lsac

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
I wouldn't say less. When our family started the process we were in China. Then we moved to Cameroon (Africa). Now we are in the US. We've also been to the Caribbean (that's where I'm from).
Have you travelled a lot for business or holiday? I think it's easy for them to do the background check if you live in countries for more than 6 months as we need to provide the police certificates. But what about shorter stays? We lived in several countries too and travelled a lot for both business and holiday.

lsac

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Outland, Hong Kong visa office.
How do you know your visa office? When we applied for the CSQ, Hong Kong took care of our file. But since then, we have moved to the UK and I don't know if it's still Hong Kong or it's changed to London visa office.

Sherms

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Have you travelled a lot for business or holiday? I think it's easy for them to do the background check if you live in countries for more than 6 months as we need to provide the police certificates. But what about shorter stays? We lived in several countries too and travelled a lot for both business and holiday.
We spent more than 6 months in some and just vacation in others.

Sherms

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
How do you know your visa office? When we applied for the CSQ, Hong Kong took care of our file. But since then, we have moved to the UK and I don't know if it's still Hong Kong or it's changed to London visa office.
Hong Kong took care of our CSQ too and we sent federal application while we were still in China. But moved shortly after. Since then correspondence was coming from Sydney office in Canada. But PPR yesterday came from Hong Kong office. Where were you when you started the federal process?

lsac

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Hong Kong took care of our CSQ too and we sent federal application while we were still in China. But moved shortly after. Since then correspondence was coming from Sydney office in Canada. But PPR yesterday came from Hong Kong office. Where were you when you started the federal process?
We started the federal process while in the UK. Thanks for your replies.

Reactions: Sherms

EVA RAO

Nov 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Australia
NOC Code......
1111 Accountant
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/11/2015
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
02/12/2015
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
None
Med's Request
Waiting
Med's Done....
Waiting
Interview........
None
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Hope Soon
I applied last month for federal part
Doc. Received at processing center Sydney on 20th June 2018.

How long I have to wait for AOR ?
(confirmation or file number)
And how many you get to link file to GCkey ones you get file number

sajid7x7

Jun 19, 2013
For anyone who is interested to know about landing at the Canada -us border.

I know you can flagpole, but since I had a us visa, I preferred to not get the "denied entry to us" notice. Although I have read it really does not impact future visits to the us.

Anyways, showed up at the champlain-lacolle border, told them I want to visit the US and come back the same day coz I want to land as a pr. The agent was okay with it. I even joked and asked him if there is any tourist attractions for me to check out. He laughed and said not really unless I drive pretty far.

They will take your passport at the booth (don't panic), then you park your car and walk into the office- they will call your name when your turn comes. If you came in a greyhound, you keep your passport and walk with your bus group. The agent was nice.

Once in the US, I stopped for a coffee and made the u turn. At the Canadian border office I explained that I did not flagpole, rather a quick trip to the us for coffee.

He checked my passport, csq, copr. Also asked me to write my address, phone number and money available in bank account on a piece of paper. That was it. He hold me I need to pick up my new sin number service Canada and also update my ramq card. The was agent was, meh! (surprised that us agent was nicer). But overall, no problems!

That's all! Hope this helps for anyone who wants to land by going to us and coming back.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016

Hi Eva Rao

Based on recent trend in below sheet, looks like 60-90 days. You should be able to link your app without hassle based on information you had filled in app

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kdzo2tA_6HiILyuHtDsYtVajswDvHYTUiEFlFM1b28/edit#gid=185830120

Reactions: EVA RAO

Temp3385

Star Member
Jun 11, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hello All,

I was going throught the initial evaluation form to check eligibility for Quebec. I am a non French speaking person with 0 understanding of French.
Can I really fit into the state or city there? I do have a good number of years of education and IT experience and exposure which results in me getting a nod to go ahead? However, I had some questions pertaining to first evaluation.

My education includes school education (12 years) followed by Engineering (4 years, also been evaluated by WES) followed by Executive MBA.
In the Quebec form for evaluation, they ask for diploma etc. Does this mean I need to get my credentials evaluated from some other organization now? Also, how are you assessing you level of english proficiency - is it as per IELTS or CLB score, or some other parameters?

Thanks in advance.

atish

Star Member
Jan 13, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Pretoria
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
3-11-2015
AOR Received.
03-02-2016
Med's Request
12-07-2018
Hi all,
RAMQ does not cover the cost for health insurance for the first 3 months after landing and it is also advised to take a private insurance for those 3 months in case..as the health services are very very expensive from what i read.

Anyone who have gone through this could you please advise how to take the insurance, the cost etc for those 3 months.
Thanks

hoppi10

Feb 12, 2018

follow up question

does the processing time commence from when they receive the application at the processing centre... or when the AOR is issued

thanks