+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
just an update:

even it is almost 9 months in ss and more than18 months after AR, based on the CBSA note I got yesterday, the speedy Canada agency still works on my security check.....maybe their target aims at up to 12 months for ss....at least.:D
Hi Polyning,
hope you will get good news soon. I wanted to ask you please where do you see CBSA note please? on GCMS notes? in which section?

thank you

helldriver011

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hi Polyning,
hope you will get good news soon. I wanted to ask you please where do you see CBSA note please? on GCMS notes? in which section?

thank you
Hi, you have ask for CBSA note similar to GCMS note to get the update. Usually they send you by mail to your home address to let you know the status of your security screening. You can ask for CISS in the same way as GCMS note. In the drop down menu you can chose CISS instead of IIRC.
*Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request. here you need to chose "Canadian Security Intelligence Service". In the comment section provide your application #, UCI#, Names, date of birth and the reason why you are asking this update. The cost is same as GCMS note (5$)

Usually within 3/4 weeks you will get a letter concerning your processing status. Hope this will help.

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
Hi, you have ask for CBSA note similar to GCMS note to get the update. Usually they send you by mail to your home address to let you know the status of your security screening. You can ask for CISS in the same way as GCMS note. In the drop down menu you can chose CISS instead of IIRC.
*Please select the Department where you would like to submit an Access to Information or Privacy request. here you need to chose "Canadian Security Intelligence Service". In the comment section provide your application #, UCI#, Names, date of birth and the reason why you are asking this update. The cost is same as GCMS note (5$)

Usually within 3/4 weeks you will get a letter concerning your processing status. Hope this will help.
Hi,

Yes thank you I did asked for GCMS notes and recieved them last month. Can I ask for CISS even If I am outland applicant?
thanks,

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Hi,

Yes thank you I did asked for GCMS notes and recieved them last month. Can I ask for CISS even If I am outland applicant?
thanks,
Hey, to ask for notes from CSIS, you need to be an inland applicant, because they send you the notes to your physical mailing address and not through email.

Reactions: helldriver011

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
You have to be enrolled at all times.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/eligibility.html

What is a study permit?
The study permit is a document we issue that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada.

While studying in Canada under a study permit you must:

• always be enrolled at a DLI
  • make progress towards completing your program
  • respect any conditions listed on your study permit
  • stop studying if you no longer meet the requirements and
  • leave Canada when your permit expires
Thanks for that! I also called CIC yesterday. Their advised was- I can get a job offer in Quebec together with the CSQ and I can file for open work permit. What do you think?
Thanks in advance!!

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Hello guys,
This is just a follow up. I am an international student here, just recently got my CSQ in March and filed immediately my PR application in Federal two days ago.

Now, I want to change my status from student visa to open work permit while waiting for my PR. I called the CIC and their advise was- I can use my CSQ, and get an employer in Quebec. Together with my CSQ, I also need to submit employment contract from an employer based in Quebec to obtain an open work permit.

Any thoughts of this guys? I really appreciate your help and thanks in advance.

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Hello guys,
This is just a follow up. I am an international student here, just recently got my CSQ in March and filed immediately my PR application in Federal two days ago.

Now, I want to change my status from student visa to open work permit while waiting for my PR. I called the CIC and their advise was- I can use my CSQ, and get an employer in Quebec. Together with my CSQ, I also need to submit employment contract from an employer based in Quebec to obtain an open work permit.

I replied to you in the other thread.... that unfortunately, officially you are not eligible for open work permit. You can get an employer-specific closed work permit with your CSQ, and it is quite easy because CSQ makes you LMIA exempt. Few people managed to get an open work permit but as per CIC rules, it should not be possible.

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Hello guys,

Do you have a degree from a university here?

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Good question, post-graduate work permit might be possible!
Exactly. That's what I did, I flag poled after I graduated and a got a 3-year post-graduate work permit.

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
I replied to you in the other thread.... that unfortunately, officially you are not eligible for open work permit. You can get an employer-specific closed work permit with your CSQ, and it is quite easy because CSQ makes you LMIA exempt. Few people managed to get an open work permit but as per CIC rules, it should not be possible.
Oh well! I just received a feedback frm ky immigration lawyer. He studied my csq and student permit. He said that I am eligible for work permit even the CIC mentioned that when I caed them!
I just need to stay and an employer in Quebec.

carlotanching

Jun 27, 2017
Good question, post-graduate work permit might be possible!
No. I got the CsQ thru QSW that I applied when I was in the Philippines last 2014. I am currently in Alberta and still taking studies. I havent finished my course yet. But no worries I askes CIC and my immigration lawyer in Quebec and he said I am eligible for work permit coz I have CSQ. I am LMIA exempt. Thanks