+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
You always have the option to withdraw your application that is being processed and apply for the new one. May be it could save you some processing time, but I am not sure, what could be its consequences.
It depends if you currently have a valid work permit and if you'll be able to apply for the one with the new employer before it expires. Since you're in the process of renewing, I'm assuming it either already expired or it will soon.
If you have enough time you can withdraw and submit a new one. If you are on implied status currently or if you don't have time to apply before your current permit expires after withdrawing, you should wait. Otherwise you'll be out of status.

Montreal_120

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It depends if you currently have a valid work permit and if you'll be able to apply for the one with the new employer before it expires. Since you're in the process of renewing, I'm assuming it either already expired or it will soon.
If you have enough time you can withdraw and submit a new one. If you are on implied status currently or if you don't have time to apply before your current permit expires after withdrawing, you should wait. Otherwise you'll be out of status.
Thanks. it is expiring in three weeks. So once i got the new one, can I apply for a new closed work permit with the new employer online? if so, can I continue to work until the new closed work permit is issued? And once the new closed work permit is issued, the current one automatically becomes invalid or still valid?

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Thanks. it is expiring in three weeks. So once i got the new one, can I apply for a new closed work permit with the new employer online? if so, can I continue to work until the new closed work permit is issued? And once the new closed work permit is issued, the current one automatically becomes invalid or still valid?
If you wait for the renewal you and then apply online for one with your new employer yes, you can work for your old employer until the one for your new employer is approved. On that day, the one with your old employer becomes invalid.
Tricky thing though: since you only hear at the end of the day when they approve your file, you could end up working illegally for your old employer for a day. I think I read somewhere that they apply a "grace period" for that day, but you have to be ready to quit on the spot as soon as your new employer WP becomes valid. You can also play it safe, calculate the approximate date your WP will be approved (counting days from the day you apply) and quit a couple of days before. Or flagpole...

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
When did you apply with your current employer?

Montreal_120

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
When did you apply with your current employer?
Thank you very much. I applied current one at the end of March. the processing time now is 35 days for online application.
So it means the old one becomes invalid right after the new is approved? this is not flexible, there is no time for transition, and it's hard to quit the current job and attend the new one the next one. I thought the old one would be still valid when we got the new one approved. Thanks.

Kumarjit

Oct 1, 2017
Hi All,

Quick Input Requested Please, CIC request passports sent already...How Many Days/week CIC will return these to me.

LeonChou

Oct 25, 2017
Received the GCMS note from CSIS

here is what it reads
" CSIS PPU 005 Security Assessments/Advice - Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1)(a) and 22(1)(b) of the Act until your case is completed."

Anyone familiar with this?
Note: My application was received Jan 18, 2017, and I received the Pre-Arrival Service Letter on Mar. 7, 2018.

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017

here is what it reads
" CSIS PPU 005 Security Assessments/Advice - Your Security Screening case is still in progress. The information has been exempted from disclosure by virtue of one or more of sections 21 (as it relates to the efforts of Canada toward detecting, preventing or suppressing subversive or hostile activities), 22(1)(a) and 22(1)(b) of the Act until your case is completed."

Note: My application was received Jan 18, 2017, and I received the Pre-Arrival Service Letter on Mar. 7, 2018.
That just means that your security screening is still not complete. This is usually the last step.

patel_sanket_1

Jul 29, 2015
Ahmedabad
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Delhi
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
31-08-2013
Doc's Request.
05-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-04-2017
IELTS Request
Done Already
File Transfer...
17-07-2017
Med's Request
12-11-2018
Med's Done....
20-11-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
HMMM
VISA ISSUED...
God Help
LANDED..........
When God decided
Hi All,

Quick Input Requested Please, CIC request passports sent already...How Many Days/week CIC will return these to me.
Min 15 Days

POLYNING

Mar 7, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

here is what it reads

you are in SS, still in progress in CSIS. After the CSIS, you need the CBSA to finish the SS, then CIC. Atlast, PR

helldriver011

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017
Hello guys,
What should I do in a situation like, I might forgot to mention one of my travel to USA in the travel history( I am not 100% sure I've mentioned it since it was long time ago?

KPA_Canada

Apr 12, 2017
Hi Guys,

I am in a deep trouble, As I mentioned in my earlier mail that my contact is ending up this week and I have a CSQ and closed workpermit valid for one more year. I have a new job offer from new quebec employer and I requested them to provide offer letter, employer compliance fee receipt and offer of employment letter in order to renew my current workpermit and all are in process with HR.

I am planning to go border to get new workpermit, but as my contact is ending up this week with my previous employer, will I be allowed to go border and get a new workpermit?, If something happens will I be denied to enter back to Canada??

Could you please suggest which one would be best chance Online or go barder to get my new workpermit?, Thanks in advance