+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
You will be supprised to see your DM and PPR very soon.
Read this page to get an idea of what NOt started on GCSM notes could mean
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/
From the page "Eligibility which is above. Here is what I find out: when he/she marks NOT STARTED it means she/he did not finds anything alarming but the lead officer at the visa office needs to make sure that there is no concern"

Also check with applicants from Rome VO. To give you an idea of how they work.

Good luck
thank you favbless, I really hope so to get PPR soon
thanks again

Reactions: favbless

WAELzaza

Nov 23, 2017
Hi guys I want to ask how many days between dm and ppr? I got my dm around week age but till now no ppr when I expect my ppr mail? Thanks

ahmedabouelmagd

Star Member
Jul 9, 2017
inland
Category........
QSW
Just thought I'd share my flag poling experience with you guys:

I flag poled at saint-bernard de Lacolle on the 6th of March and became an official PR!, and in case you were wondering, you do not need a US Visa to do this.

However, I was asked to pull over for further questioning (maybe it's only because I have a Lebanese passport). The officer who did the questioning was very polite, and the questions were very standard (when did you come to Canada, where did you study, where do you work, when was the last time you came to the US, where did you travel to the last 5 years..........). the whole thing was over in like 20 minutes. After that they hand you a paper that you need to take to the Canadian side (CBSA).

After the questioning is done on the American side, they tell you where to do the U-turn and then you head back to Canada. In the CBSA building, everything went very smoothly. The entire thing was done in 15 minutes. They ask for your COPR and your CSQ and your proof of Status in Canada (Work permit, study permit). And they ask how much money you have available to you for the next 3 months, so it might be useful if you take a bank statement with you. After the processing is done they congratulate on becoming a PR and then you're on your way.

Everyone I encountered (American officers, Canadian officers) were very polite and courteous and the entire flag poling experience (including the driving to and from) lasted around 2 hours only. So I would definitely recommend it.

Best of luck to everyone.
Congratulation @AliChraim,
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Quick question please, what you wrote is very useful and straight forward.
I know that you are inland applicant, and all what required is (CSQ, Confrontation letter, Passport, and proof of fund or bank statement)
So what about the 2 photos that some members mentioned their experience , is it required only for out land applicants.
Thanks for your kind response.

Reactions: AliChraim

eli723

Jul 3, 2014
Inland Applicant

Federal file submitted 15th May 2017

AOR 3rd Aug 2017

Additional docs RCMP clearance request 24 FEB 2018

RCMP clearance submission 7 March 2018

No updates after that

Any one with same timeline ??
Hi,
I have almost same timeline like you.

Federal file submitted 10th May 2017.

AOR 31. Jul, 2017

Nothing since then and waiting anxiously, hoping to hear from then soon ! . VO Tel Aviv.

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Congratulation @AliChraim,
Thanks for sharing your experience.
Quick question please, what you wrote is very useful and straight forward.
I know that you are inland applicant, and all what required is (CSQ, Confrontation letter, Passport, and proof of fund or bank statement)
So what about the 2 photos that some members mentioned their experience , is it required only for out land applicants.
Thanks for your kind response.

Hey buddy, when I got my Passport Request email, they asked me to send 2 photos along with my passport and a completed Annex A (which they sent as well). So my guess is that they will ask you to send the 2 photos when they request your passport. And anyway, when they return your passport with the Visa and the COPR, the COPR will already have your photo stapled on it. So I really doubt that you will be required to bring 2 photos with you during landing.

In any case, if the process is different for you, they will surely let you know exactly what you need to bring with you, so don't worry!

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Reactions: ahmedabouelmagd

andy000

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015 :Quebec . 18-11-2016 : Federal
Doc's Request.
26-05-2016 : Birth Certificate (Quebec). RPRF paid Upfront. Australian PCC sent with application.(Federal)
Nomination.....
10-06-2016 : CSQ.
AOR Received.
07-12-2015 : Quebec . 17-02-2017 : Federal.
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
File Transfer...
17-02-2017.
Med's Request
04-04-2017.
Med's Done....
13-04-2017. Passed : 20-04-2017
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
01-03-2018.
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2018.
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
Hi guys I want to ask how many days between dm and ppr? I got my dm around week age but till now no ppr when I expect my ppr mail? Thanks
Usually it happens the day after , but if you updated your address and moved to another country , then another VO will issue the ready visa letter , then it might take couple of weeks for PPR.

Racing

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
In land
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-03-2017 (Medial passed on 30-03-17)
Passport Req..
DM on 22-Dec-17. PPR received on 03-Jan-18
VISA ISSUED...
Received CoPR & Visa by end of Jan-2018
LANDED..........
Landed end of Jan-2018, Received PR card around mid of March-2018
I just checked my CIC account, PR card application was approved, but i didnt receive any email notification for this status change. Expecting the mail in couple of days.
I too received my PR card in 2 days after application was approved.
Received email notification as well on the status change.
Though my passport is valid only for next 3 years, my PR card validity was mentioned as 5 years, its good.
As per the instructions received in the mail, i believe even if we are outside country due to work by our canadian employer, it will be still considered as period of stay in Canada, so that we shall count that for minimum 2 years stay in Canada out of 5 years.

Reactions: phoenix111

KPA_Canada

Apr 12, 2017
Need urgent help

I spoke with one of the quebec employee and they are ready to give job, but they dont have idea about how work permit extension takes with CSQ.
They are saying its quite challenging and difficulty to get workpermit with CSQ as they have to do lot of paperwork.

My current job contract will finish this month end and could you please advise me how to proceed further....Is it too hard to get new workpermit with CSQ?????

Please need your help.....

andy000

Aug 20, 2014
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-11-2015 :Quebec . 18-11-2016 : Federal
Doc's Request.
26-05-2016 : Birth Certificate (Quebec). RPRF paid Upfront. Australian PCC sent with application.(Federal)
Nomination.....
10-06-2016 : CSQ.
AOR Received.
07-12-2015 : Quebec . 17-02-2017 : Federal.
IELTS Request
Sent With Application.
File Transfer...
17-02-2017.
Med's Request
04-04-2017.
Med's Done....
13-04-2017. Passed : 20-04-2017
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
01-03-2018.
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2018.
LANDED..........
01-05-2018
Thanks for your answer but I don’t make any updates and till now no ppr what l should doing ?
Send an email to CPC-O if you're an inland with your enquiry, do not even bother through the Webform , they're good at replying faster .

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Need urgent help

I spoke with one of the quebec employee and they are ready to give job, but they dont have idea about how work permit extension takes with CSQ.
They are saying its quite challenging and difficulty to get workpermit with CSQ as they have to do lot of paperwork.

My current job contract will finish this month end and could you please advise me how to proceed further....Is it too hard to get new workpermit with CSQ?????

Please need your help.....
It is actually really quite easy. All they have to do on their end is to create the job offer in the Employer portail on the CIC website, pay the 230$ fee and then give you the number. You then have to apply to get your work permit changed using that number. Last week when I checked the delay was 32 days.
I'm currently at work so I don't really have time to go into details, but let me give you some links here:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/partners-service-providers/employer-portal.html?_ga=2.150970358.1394744139.1521045004-147329320.1519760039

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/quebec/labour-market-impact-assessment-exempt-work-permit-renewals-extensions-certain-quebec-selection-holders.html

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/work-canada/permit/temporary/extend.html

Feel free to contact me if you need help with anything. I went through this process a number of times. The key is to get the Offer of Employment number and make sure you apply before your current permit expires.

Fernando Colmenares

Oct 4, 2017
Venezuela
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Mexico
AOR Received.
07-07-2017
Med's Request
02-11-2017
Med's Done....
11-11-2017
Hi all,

My GCMS notes says:

Eligibility Assessment
status; review required

Someone knows what does "review required" means or it's a regular status for everyone?

Thanks and regards,