+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
@mriekje.. go to "View submitted application" in GCKey and upload the scan copy they requested.There after your action is required option disappear. Sometime CIC people are funny. I got a letter to update my Schedule A 2 days after the due date on Feb 7. But I scanned and upload in "View Submitted application" section. They will verify your security question (just in case if you are not aware on it) while you are submitting to IRCC.
Ok so, I'm trying, but there is no expiry date on my policy certificate and this is a required field. How long are these things considered valid for, anyone know? I can just add that amount of time to the date of delivery....

app_16

Nov 2, 2017
Category........
QSW
App. Filed.......
1/12/2016
Ok so, I'm trying, but there is no expiry date on my policy certificate and this is a required field. How long are these things considered valid for, anyone know? I can just add that amount of time to the date of delivery....
.. you are right. there is expire date but as CIC only accepts pcc up to one year. I just put mine one year from date of issued, and worked for me.

Reactions: mriekje

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Curious though.. The one from the FBI dates back to September or October 2016.... They haven't asked for replacement of that...

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront,submitted on 23-03-2017
Hi all,

I just recieved my GCMS notes and almost 16 months nothing has started on my file. I did the medicals upfront and paid the RPRF fee last year but nothing is confirmed as recieved.
Is that normal that nothing has started, backroung check, security, criminality, medicals nothing, all is on status NOT STARTED
Is there any applicant who applied November 2016 and has the same situation please? The appication status shows - In progress
I am outland applicant.
Any suggestion what to do please? what steps to take to make the visa office process my file.
thank you,

Missionquebec

Nov 18, 2014
Hi if any update of August-2016 Update So please inform me

By Way I have some Information About June -August -2016 Application
They are Started August -2016 Application Process
But Process Start from Nigiria
I have applied for a federal process in August 2016 too. As of now, I am still waiting for DM. Let's see. My application is in HK office.

AliChraim

Star Member
Apr 24, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
Med's Request
28-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
Just thought I'd share my flag poling experience with you guys:

I flag poled at saint-bernard de Lacolle on the 6th of March and became an official PR!, and in case you were wondering, you do not need a US Visa to do this.

However, I was asked to pull over for further questioning (maybe it's only because I have a Lebanese passport). The officer who did the questioning was very polite, and the questions were very standard (when did you come to Canada, where did you study, where do you work, when was the last time you came to the US, where did you travel to the last 5 years..........). the whole thing was over in like 20 minutes. After that they hand you a paper that you need to take to the Canadian side (CBSA).

After the questioning is done on the American side, they tell you where to do the U-turn and then you head back to Canada. In the CBSA building, everything went very smoothly. The entire thing was done in 15 minutes. They ask for your COPR and your CSQ and your proof of Status in Canada (Work permit, study permit). And they ask how much money you have available to you for the next 3 months, so it might be useful if you take a bank statement with you. After the processing is done they congratulate on becoming a PR and then you're on your way.

Everyone I encountered (American officers, Canadian officers) were very polite and courteous and the entire flag poling experience (including the driving to and from) lasted around 2 hours only. So I would definitely recommend it.

Best of luck to everyone.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012

I flag poled at saint-bernard de Lacolle on the 6th of March and became an official PR!, and in case you were wondering, you do not need a US Visa to do this.

However, I was asked to pull over for further questioning (maybe it's only because I have a Lebanese passport). The officer who did the questioning was very polite, and the questions were very standard (when did you come to Canada, where did you study, where do you work, when was the last time you came to the US, where did you travel to the last 5 years..........). the whole thing was over in like 20 minutes. After that they hand you a paper that you need to take to the Canadian side (CBSA).

After the questioning is done on the American side, they tell you where to do the U-turn and then you head back to Canada. In the CBSA building, everything went very smoothly. The entire thing was done in 15 minutes. They ask for your COPR and your CSQ and your proof of Status in Canada (Work permit, study permit). And they ask how much money you have available to you for the next 3 months, so it might be useful if you take a bank statement with you. After the processing is done they congratulate on becoming a PR and then you're on your way.

Everyone I encountered (American officers, Canadian officers) were very polite and courteous and the entire flag poling experience (including the driving to and from) lasted around 2 hours only. So I would definitely recommend it.

Congrats a Ton

Reactions: AliChraim

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen

Congrats thanks for sharing

Reactions: AliChraim

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Hi all,

I just recieved my GCMS notes and almost 16 months nothing has started on my file. I did the medicals upfront and paid the RPRF fee last year but nothing is confirmed as recieved.
Is that normal that nothing has started, backroung check, security, criminality, medicals nothing, all is on status NOT STARTED
Is there any applicant who applied November 2016 and has the same situation please? The appication status shows - In progress
I am outland applicant.
Any suggestion what to do please? what steps to take to make the visa office process my file.
thank you,

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen
Hi all,

I am outland applicant.
thank you,
Are you a regular qsw applicant?
What is your visa office? Some visa office are sadly slow maybe due to quota of ones nationality. If they have had enough for that year.
This can give you an idea of what's happening with your application

Dorina D

Star Member
Mar 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney/Nova Scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-11-2016
AOR Received.
21-02-2017
Med's Done....
Are you a regular qsw applicant?
What is your visa office? Some visa office are sadly slow maybe due to quota of ones nationality. If they have had enough for that year.
This can give you an idea of what's happening with your application
yes I am regular QSW and after 16 months after requesting GCMS notes I got informed that the visa office is Rome.
This is unaccetable that 16 months nothing has start on my file, the visa office has not process the file.
What to do please is there any way to make them process my file, how long must I wait it will take months even if they start processing now
thanks,

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen
yes I am regular QSW and after 16 months after requesting GCMS notes I got informed that the visa office is Rome.
This is unaccetable that 16 months nothing has start on my file, the visa office has not process the file.
What to do please is there any way to make them process my file, how long must I wait it will take months even if they start processing now
thanks,
You will be supprised and see your DM or ppr very soon.
Read this page to get an idea of what NOt started on GCSM notes could mean
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/gcms-notes-well-explained-has-never-before-until-now.390292/
From the page "Eligibility which is above. Here is what I find out: when he/she marks NOT STARTED it means she/he did not finds anything alarming but the lead officer at the visa office needs to make sure that there is no concern.
Type: SECURITY
Status NOT STARTED means that security is underway and there is no sign of S.15(1) in the right hand corner "

Last edited:
Reactions: Dorina D