+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

egoetc

Jun 29, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
27-03-2017
AOR Received.
09-06-2017
Med's Request
19-12-2017
Med's Done....
12-01-2018
When did the average waiting time increase to 15 months for QSW applicants? Was it just today or is this old news?

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
When did the average waiting time increase to 15 months for QSW applicants? Was it just today or is this old news?
few days ago

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Just wanted to ask those of you who are there now...is it worth it? I mean all these 4 almost 5 years of waiting and still waiting here....is Quebec worth it. I mean is the life there worth the wait? cause when I see the processing times increasing every time now I need something to make me think all this is worth the wait.
Wait time is never worth ,time once gone is gone ... now to come to your question it all depends on circumstances if you are inland (already in canada/quebec) already working or studying here everything is business as usual for you for most of the part .... if you are coming from some other part of the world , i would suggest you must and should weigh all the options given a fact as there are other quick options available for immigration to canada you should try to explore them ...

Reactions: Sherms

bmukherj

Sep 13, 2016
Hi Racing, yes I did! It took just 1 day to arrive from approval. By and fat the fastest part of the whole process :D
Hi Betula, when I log into CIC website there is a section called documents status there it is mentioned as document number and expiry date , is it the COPR number? Can you check yours and let me know please. I sent my passport on 26th Feb and not received it yet but yesterday i saw in CIC they updated this document number and expiry date wondering if this is the COPR number.

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Hi Betula, when I log into CIC website there is a section called documents status there it is mentioned as document number and expiry date , is it the COPR number? Can you check yours and let me know please. I sent my passport on 26th Feb and not received it yet but yesterday i saw in CIC they updated this document number and expiry date wondering if this is the COPR number.
Yes, I have COPR listed like this, and it has an expiry date meaning the deadline for landing. The document is also specified as COPR, but maybe they filled it in later. So it looks like yours has been issued and it should be on its way soon!!

mriekje

Star Member
Jan 31, 2017
Guys, what do you think...
So, on Jan 22nd, I got the request for Dutch police certificate (to be submitted within 60 days). Received Feb 19th, uploaded through webform on Feb 20th. On the 27th I got this reply:

"Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We are pleased to confirm the reception of the documents. We have forwarded them and the information you provided to the responsible office for their consideration.
If further information is needed during the processing of the application, the responsible office may contact you.
We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry."

(They are talking about documents, plural, because I submitted my new CSQ at the same time. It's not an automated message, it's signed with an agent name and number ).
Then on the 28th I think (maybe March 1) on myCIC, "We need additional documents to continue processing your file" changed back to "Not applicable". I didn't think too much of it, until I noticed today that when I click on "View submitted application", there is still a request for a document open there..:

Details
Document Name Instructions Options Required By
Replacement Overdue
Police certificate - (required)
Instructions - Document: Police certificate 22 January 2018

Now 1) it doesn't say which country... is this the same Dutch one? 2) if so, why does it say it is overdue because it was required by Jan 22? That's the day it was requested....3) I realized that after submitting additional documents I should see "We are reviewing the additional documents you've provided" (that's what it said after I did my meds)

Would you upload the Dutch PC in myCIC again, even though they supposedly already received it? ECAS hasn't moved since my meds came in around Jan 12. But then the reception of my RPRF payment was never confirmed in ECAS either (and I did get a confirmation email similar to the one above after submitting through webform.

Just entered month #14 and I'm getting tired of waiting.. (Like everyone else, I know...)

**ETA: myCIC status says "your action is required"... was like that for the longest time in June though when they had the bug on the site... so I'm not thinking much of that either...maybe I should...

Schehrazade

Feb 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
18/01/2017
Doc's Request.
03-03-2017
Nomination.....
Csq received 21-12-2016
AOR Received.
23-03-2017
IELTS Request
Sent with application
File Transfer...
22-03-2017
Interview........
21-12-2016 for CSQ
Just received GCMS notes.
Eligibility: Not started
Security: Not started
Criminality: in progress
Medical: Passed
Info Sharing: complete
Paper file location: P12

any idea what P12 means?
Congratulations you are almost done. I think that P12 is your VO number.

Reactions: minesweeper

Sherms

Star Member
Nov 14, 2017
Wait time is never worth ,time once gone is gone ... now to come to your question it all depends on circumstances if you are inland (already in canada/quebec) already working or studying here everything is business as usual for you for most of the part .... if you are coming from some other part of the world , i would suggest you must and should weigh all the options given a fact as there are other quick options available for immigration to canada you should try to explore them ...
Our application was received on June 6 2007. 9 months ago. Nothing other than AOR. When I see some applicants here on 20+ months I wonder if I shouldn't explore other options. outland applicant here.

chill_chill

Mar 7, 2018
I think it is a good sign for you! What status is your background check before it changed into BGIP? THX!
it was not applicable
hey I can see that we have the same timeline more or less.

VO:Sydney/Ottawa
App received: March 2, 2017
Medical passed: December 12, 2017
BG: Not applicable January 2, 2018

IP2 February 27, 2018
BG, We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if w.. ( before; Not Applicable )
Review of additional documents, We are reviewing the additional documents you provided ( before; we do not need additional documents) and I did not send them anything.

Did you get the ppr or called them for more details?

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017
AOR Received.
March 5 , 2017
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
05-08-2017
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
hey I can see that we have the same timeline more or less.

VO:Sydney/Ottawa
App received: March 2, 2017
Medical passed: December 12, 2017
BG: Not applicable January 2, 2018

IP2 February 27, 2018
BG, We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if w.. ( before; Not Applicable )
Review of additional documents, We are reviewing the additional documents you provided ( before; we do not need additional documents) and I did not send them anything.

Did you get the ppr or called them for more details?
called the cic this morning. he said its in background check .
also he told me that processig time is 15months so i should wait more.. depressing haha..

ics6600

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
Jan 24 , 2017