+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

michael_vu

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Inland
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
Hi everyone, I received my passport with CoPR yesterday and intent to do "soft-landing" at Lacolle border this sunday. Would you please share some experiences? I know that I have to show my Passport, CoPR, CSQ, Work Permit, but how about cash on bank? Do I have to print out something else to show? Many thanks and good luck for all those are waiting CoPR!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Hi everyone, I received my passport with CoPR yesterday and intent to do "soft-landing" at Lacolle border this sunday. Would you please share some experiences? I know that I have to show my Passport, CoPR, CSQ, Work Permit, but how about cash on bank? Do I have to print out something else to show? Many thanks and good luck for all those are waiting CoPR!
Are you inside Canada? If Yes, then you are not doing Soft Landing. Soft landing is done when people fly/drive to Canada for few days/weeks to finish landing formalities and then return to their home base/country.

Reactions: sunnymks

michael_vu

Star Member
Jul 4, 2017
Inland
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
AOR Received.
25-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
15-04-2017
Are you inside Canada? If Yes, then you are not doing Soft Landing. Soft landing is done when people fly/drive to Canada for few days/weeks to finish landing formalities and then return to their home base/country.
Yes, maybe I used a wrong word. I am inside Canada and I have to validate my PR at Lacolle border.

Reactions: sunnymks

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
congrats!
did they sent email regarding tracker activation?
First step: email for update in mycic (app approved)

Then when i say tracker activated it is not a mail. I have noted the tracking number on the return enveloppe when i sent it out.
And entered the number in postcanada tracking application.
So when they post the envelope you got a notification on mobile.

telegram

Star Member
Sep 20, 2017
First step: email for update in mycic (app approved)

Then when i say tracker activated it is not a mail. I have noted the tracking number on the return enveloppe when i sent it out.
And entered the number in postcanada tracking application.
So when they post the envelope you got a notification on mobile.
Thanks for your explanation.

Reactions: MTL2MTL

GA90

Aug 15, 2017
sometimes i really wonder whats going on at cic with the QSW files. Last year we could guess of quotas almost being achieved, many staff on hols etc . Now this a new year everything starts from zero. ie new targets , new quotas etc and we are suppose to be seeing some progress for QSW . I do see progress in the other categories but CSQ, hmm nothing as compared to the others. you see people with more than 15 months in process for no reason, and all they tell you is your file is waiting review by an officer ( like they lack officers) if they are doing this for quota reasons, we are in a new year with new targets and new objectives ,so whats their point? you have 3 applicants with same background, one in EE one in spousal and the other QSW. EE gets visa in 6 months or less, spousal gets visa in about 8-10 months and QSW gets visa in 20 months..its not only with inland applicants, its for all VO. i even see some progress at ottawa, its a grave yard at the visa offices. why is this really happening? is the anyone who understands this logic ? because i dont get it at all. I know all we have to do is wait, but it hurts when you see other files in different categories moving at the speed of light and yours stays put for months and months on the same spot for no reason other than awaiting for initial review, not even final review , initial review after over 12months in the process. smh
This is a normal result of the accumulated number of applications through the years. They (immigration Quebec) knew from day one this is going to happen. But as usual, Quebec prefers to solve their problems by simply ignoring them. Cap exempt applications are doubling year after year. CSQ processing time for Cap exempt applications was shortened to 20 buis. days. However, applicants will be stuck at stage two of the whole process (federal stage). they are simply issuing more csq permits but the final number for QSWP at the federal stage remained the same. Also, the manpower remained the same even when receiving more applications. The result will be sure more delays.
Solutions for the mess they have created by their own hands are either by -1- increasing QSWP limit and investing more in manpower in order to keep on going with the same pace (in reality: Quebec chose to limit their budget / QSWP limit is to 50,000/ Manpower to 41 agents for the upcoming years).
-2- Shutdown/ slow some of their immigration paths and wait (almost 1-1.5 years) to process some the backlogs. (Quebec are doing this right now).
PEQ path is slower with MIDI interviews/ refusals. Point system program was delayed to reopen( I even lost track if they reopened it again after March 2017). In other words, they have to limit their intakes until they process with the backlogs. You can understand what I'm trying to say by referring to "Permanent and Temporary Resident Applications Overview.xls" on http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/53105221-7652-47b1-96e2-1f85715a067c?_ga=2.160104125.1051246600.1516227490-1311455468.1515088067
also, look at the spreadsheet and compare the number of who applied in 2016 and 2017. QSWP was dying last year, simply no one was applying especially after March 2017.
Now, they are processing with applications received in November 2016. When they reach processing applications received in March 2017. Things will/ should be moving much faster.

leathercraft

Jan 3, 2018
This is a normal result of the accumulated number of applications through the years. They (immigration Quebec) knew from day one this is going to happen. But as usual, Quebec prefers to solve their problems by simply ignoring them. Cap exempt applications are doubling year after year. CSQ processing time for Cap exempt applications was shortened to 20 buis. days. However, applicants will be stuck at stage two of the whole process (federal stage). they are simply issuing more csq permits but the final number for QSWP at the federal stage remained the same. Also, the manpower remained the same even when receiving more applications. The result will be sure more delays.
Solutions for the mess they have created by their own hands are either by -1- increasing QSWP limit and investing more in manpower in order to keep on going with the same pace (in reality: Quebec chose to limit their budget / QSWP limit is to 50,000/ Manpower to 41 agents for the upcoming years).
-2- Shutdown/ slow some of their immigration paths and wait (almost 1-1.5 years) to process some the backlogs. (Quebec are doing this right now).
PEQ path is slower with MIDI interviews/ refusals. Point system program was delayed to reopen( I even lost track if they reopened it again after March 2017). In other words, they have to limit their intakes until they process with the backlogs. You can understand what I'm trying to say by referring to "Permanent and Temporary Resident Applications Overview.xls" on http://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset/53105221-7652-47b1-96e2-1f85715a067c?_ga=2.160104125.1051246600.1516227490-1311455468.1515088067
also, look at the spreadsheet and compare the number of who applied in 2016 and 2017. QSWP was dying last year, simply no one was applying especially after March 2017.
Now, they are processing with applications received in November 2016. When they reach processing applications received in March 2017. Things will/ should be moving much faster.
They received our documents for federal stage on May 2016... that's when our federal stage started. So, there is exceptions I guess. Or you may be wrong.

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
From the statistics i can see that , more QSW applications were processed in 2017 than in 2016( for the first half of the year) According to the statistics, QSW is one of the categories that saw an increase in the number of applications processed. 5% more applications were processed in 2017 that 2016. Looking at the inventory , thousands of applications for QSW flooded CIC more than normal during the last 2 quarters of 2016 which accounts for the long delays we are seeing . The QSW intake in 2017 was very low as compared to 2016. Like you said , its either CIC increases the QSW number or top up the game by increasing number of officers processing QSWP . Unfortunately they wont do any of these this year. They target remains about 30 000 and officers human power is 41. So looking at all the table and doing some stats, logic,probability and analysis, i am able to guess( not an expert though, just a lay man's point of view) that there are still about 2000 -4000 QSW applications still in process that were filed in 2016. About 26000 QSW Applications were filed in 2017 making their current inventory at about 31000 application.
From the statistics i can see that , more QSW applications were processed in 2017 than in 2016( for the first half of the year) According to the statistics, QSW is one of the categories that saw an increase in the number of applications processed. 5% more applications were processed in 2017 that 2016. Looking at the inventory , thousands of applications for QSW flooded CIC more than normal during the last 2 quarters of 2016 which accounts for the long delays we are seeing . The QSW intake in 2017 was very low as compared to 2016. Like you said , its either CIC increases the QSW number or top up the game by increasing number of officers processing QSWP . Unfortunately they wont do any of these this year. They target remains about 30 000 and officers human power is 41. So looking at all the table and doing some stats, logic,probability and analysis, i am able to guess( not an expert though, just a lay man's point of view) that there are still about 2000 -4000 QSW applications still in process that were filed in 2016. About 26000 QSW Applications were filed in 2017 making their current inventory at about 31000 application. so looking at things now and hoping they remain the same , by the end of this year CIC will probably process about 80% the QSW applications that are currently in process as of now.

lol, this is what happens when you are in the process for too long. you become a cic statistician :p

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Maybe I'll see you there :D
You're an inland applicant, right? Why do you think we need to bring proof of funds? I understood that only if a person is on implied status, you need to bring for example a pay slip because your permits are expired... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=748&top=22

I'm planning to bring my passport+work permit, CSQ and the CoPR papers as those were the only ones mentioned in the letter and on the website...

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016

Thanks GA90 for detailed analysis.

I am not getting few points.. If IRCC Is working on Nov -Dec 2016 applicants... There are hardly any CSQs might have been issued in 2016 becasue of the fact like only Cap-exempt were processed. I see from other forums that there were no checkilist issued for 10,000 applications they received in 2016 intake... Also seeing from other forum that there is delay in issueing CSQ for 2017 inland applicants.

In theory the applications received in QSWP 2017 should be less... I am not sure how may inland CSQ and paper based CSQs applied prior to 2016(before Mon-Project) were issued in 2017.

So May be MIDI and IRCC are trying to clear the backlog of applications of Nov-Dec 2016 and focus on 2017 applications ...

I see only 20 applications were submitted for Federal since April 2017 in the tracker spreadsheet

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kdzo2tA_6HiILyuHtDsYtVajswDvHYTUiEFlFM1b28/edit#gid=736440819

Reactions: GA90

sharan0001

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Visa Office......
NDVO
App. Filed.......
Nov 2016
AOR Received.
feb 2017
Med's Request
Sept 2017
Med's Done....
21Sept 2017
Passport Req..
14 feb 2018
thank you for sharing it. all the best for bright future.
Dear Sharan0001

Kindly find the below mentioned timeline of @gaye_ga

Nov2016-federal lodge
Feb2017-AOR
Apr2017-RPRF
Sep2017-MR
Dec2017-Interview

Manilo VO..

favbless

Oct 21, 2013
Visa Office......
Montreal
App. Filed.......
17-12-2013
Nomination.....
October 2016
AOR Received.
4-5-2014
IELTS Request
sent with application
File Transfer...
soon in JN
Med's Request
soon in JN
Med's Done....
soon in JN
Interview........
Waived in JN
Passport Req..
soon in JN
VISA ISSUED...
2018 hallelujah
LANDED..........
2018 Amen
Dear all,

We just want to share the good news. After almost 5 years, finally PPR received! Thank you all for your help. God bless us all.
Congrats. What a relief you must feel. Good luck in ur next chapter

Reactions: gaye_ga