+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

cherti

Aug 25, 2015
Category........
QSW
It's been 18 months and each and every time I have contacted them got the standard reply from their side (last 3-4 times):eek:
I think there is some way to make them talk using MP (Minister Of Parliament) option if they exceeded the normal processing time stated.
https://lop.parl.ca/sites/ParlInfo/default/en_CA/People/parliamentarians to find your MP and the MP can contact CIC based on the power vested on the MP to enquire the status.

I got this from a search, dont know if anyone has exercised this option.

On another note, its not fair that applications from Quebec are being delayed at the Federal Stage and other EE applications are processed faster. Is there a logical explanation on why this is happening ?

wfsoomro

Jun 27, 2012
Montreal
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
App. Filed.......
15-09-2020
Hey guys. Haven't posted in a long time. I'm also in the same boat (almost). Applied for Federal Jan 06 2017, they received the file on the 10th January I believe and I got my AOR 2 of March. After that silence. Got my GCMS mid of November and it seems criminality is in progress and everything else says "not started". So yeah, I think I'm screwed along with the rest of the people stuck here. Hoping for the best for all of us.

sunnymks

Champion Member
Mar 24, 2012
I think there is some way to make them talk using MP (Minister Of Parliament) option if they exceeded the normal processing time stated.
https://lop.parl.ca/sites/ParlInfo/default/en_CA/People/parliamentarians to find your MP and the MP can contact CIC based on the power vested on the MP to enquire the status.

On another note, its not fair that applications from Quebec are being delayed at the Federal Stage and other EE applications are processed faster. Is there a logical explanation on why this is happening ?
I think only Inland applicants can Approach MP to get the status of their application. Mine Visa Office is NEW DELHI

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
It's been 18 months and each and every time I have contacted them got the standard reply from their side (last 3-4 times):eek:
sunnymks14 months avg processing time benchmark seems to be for in-land applications (which now even seems to be breaching for inland folks) ,you will observe when you call CIC call center they mention this if your application is processed outside Canada timelines may differ and check with visa office processing application ...

Reactions: sunnymks

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Last edited:

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..

Yes Inland folks can reach out to local MP office if application processing time is passed ....many folks on other PNP forms have exercised this with mixed results ....

Regarding delays there are lot of speculations
Budgets , Yearly Quota ,Refugee Crisis , Holidays ,Qubec-Federal accord ... so far no one knows the correct reason ....

Bestocoto

Star Member
May 11, 2016
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
19-02-2017
I have done medical check on 18 December 2017 and its ok after 13 months of application receiving now it would be 14 months without starting back ground check till now Ottawa office
Is there a problem or its normal
Thanks

Winners95

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
I have done medical check on 18 December 2017 and its ok after 13 months of application receiving now it would be 14 months without starting back ground check till now Ottawa office
Is there a problem or its normal
Thanks
Iam on 13 months + 1 week and backgrund didnt start yet .

Last edited:
Reactions: Bestocoto

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
I got the "Pre-arrival Letter" today. not exactly what I expected after 14 month and 5 days! I like to see it as a positive thing but the fact that many applicants get it at earlier stages of their timelines, really doesn't open any doors to hope.

Reactions: devmtl

Winners95

Star Member
Jun 19, 2017
I got the "Pre-arrival Letter" today. not exactly what I expected after 14 month and 5 days! I like to see it as a positive thing but the fact that many applicants get it at earlier stages of their timelines, really doesn't open any doors to hope.
yes i see what you mean .. but at least better than nothing , You know that they saw your file

are you inland ?

Reactions: sunnymks

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
yes i see what you mean .. but at least better than nothing , You know that they saw your file

are you inland ?
yes, inland.
yesterday my CiC account changed from "submitted" to "updated" for some minutes and then changed back to "submitted" again.

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yes, inland.
yesterday my CiC account changed from "submitted" to "updated" for some minutes and then changed back to "submitted" again.
i had the exact same thing on december 20th.

December 21st i checked ecas, it was showing decision made ;)