+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
They received my file on Jan 27/2017 and I leave in Canada for almost 3 years. It's weird because I didn't receive this message through CIC system, only through my personal email.
Looking at processing timelines of 14 months by CIC , if you send across requested document ..don't think it will delay the process...

Last edited:

kannan.sethu

Apr 5, 2016
Anybody who applied on November 2016 waiting for passport request?

My timeline:
application made : 3/nov/2016
application linked: feb/2017
med done: 4/apr/2017
fees paid oct/2017

passport request: waiting....

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..

My timeline:
fees paid oct/2017

Welcome to the club ;);) , you are in the queue :):) we have quite a few folks from Mid Oct 2016 ... are you inland ?

helldriver011

Star Member
Nov 24, 2017

My timeline:
fees paid oct/2017

My timeline:
application made : 13/OCT/2016
application linked: JAN/2017
med done: 13/MAR/2017
fees paid APRL/2017
Pre-arrival service msg Nov 18, 2017

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
My timeline:
application made : 13/OCT/2016
application linked: JAN/2017
med done: 13/MAR/2017
fees paid APRL/2017
Pre-arrival service msg Nov 18, 2017
plz add your timeline to the spreadsheet.

rr88

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Something finally happened, I guess they finally decided to start look at my file.

I got an email this morning:

Dear XXX,
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
* RCMP Criminal Record Check
Please follow the RCMP’s instructions to obtain a certified Criminal Record check.
You must send the fingerprints and a copy of this notice directly to the RCMP National Headquarters in Ottawa within 30 days from the date of this notice.
Do not submit fingerprints to our office that have not been processed by the RCMP as this will cause a delay in the processing of your application.
Please forward your RCMP results to the following email address: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Then a few hours later, I got an other email:

Dear XXX,
This is to provide clarification regarding the RCMP request you received this morning. Please note, RCMP certificates are only valid for one yearfrom the date of issuance.
If the certificate you initially provided with your application is no longer valid, please follow the RCMP’s instructions to obtain a certified Criminal Record check.
Also note, if you were not asked to provide the certificate, it means you do not need to provide one
I would like to request to kindly direct your questions regarding the RCMP request to our generic email at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

rr88

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
Unfortunately, I cannot go back to Canada within 30days... I need to figure out a way to get the RCMP while in the U.S.

manada

Star Member
Nov 22, 2017
WTF. You paid $16 for GCMS via caipsgcms.com . I paid USD 30 :( through caips.ca

In between you won't get tracking number if you request via 3rd party. Also, tracking no. cannot be used for self-tracking.
I know, caips.ca charges a lot and I have seen lot of people of this forum regretting after ordering from them. some referred getgcms but then lot of them said they have been waiting for more than 60 days for their notes. Whats the point?? By the time, the report arrives its outdated. so finally, 2 forum members referred me to caipsgcms.com. Loved their site chat service and if you request them to call you, they will do that to. I spoke to a sweet lady :) . I am not comfortable giving my personal info on any website unless I trust them. next time, you know where to go. SPREAD THE WORD :)

I did not ask them for my tracking number but the lady said she will give it to me but I am not allowed to follow-up as there are already doing it and dont want to confuse the atip dept.

Last edited:
Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Something finally happened, I guess they finally decided to start look at my file.

I got an email this morning:

Dear XXX,
This is in reference to your application for a permanent resident visa. In order for us to continue the processing of your application, we require the following documents:
* RCMP Criminal Record Check
Please follow the RCMP’s instructions to obtain a certified Criminal Record check.
You must send the fingerprints and a copy of this notice directly to the RCMP National Headquarters in Ottawa within 30 days from the date of this notice.
Do not submit fingerprints to our office that have not been processed by the RCMP as this will cause a delay in the processing of your application.
Please forward your RCMP results to the following email address: CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca

Then a few hours later, I got an other email:

Dear XXX,
This is to provide clarification regarding the RCMP request you received this morning. Please note, RCMP certificates are only valid for one yearfrom the date of issuance.
If the certificate you initially provided with your application is no longer valid, please follow the RCMP’s instructions to obtain a certified Criminal Record check.
Also note, if you were not asked to provide the certificate, it means you do not need to provide one
I would like to request to kindly direct your questions regarding the RCMP request to our generic email at CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca
Have you submitted RCMP certificate initially ?