+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yep. Its like: “We took too long to process your file so we’re cancelling it, you waited for years and paid for nothing”

Hanzmolar

Feb 5, 2016
Note to everyone, do not, I repeat: DO NOT, go Googling about what happened in 2012. It is very disturbing.
This is horrible. I am really concerned now. So, after being waiting for two years, 24 months for federal stage and waiting for more than 6 years since I applied for the CSQ, they can simply cancel my application!!!! I opened the link posted above and I can’t believe what I have just read. This is inhuman.

Reactions: MTL2MTL

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
This is horrible. I am really concerned now. So, after being waiting for two years, 24 months for federal stage and waiting for more than 6 years since I applied for the CSQ, they can simply cancel my application!!!! I opened the link posted above and I can’t believe what I have just read. This is inhuman.
I doubt this will be happening now so you can sit back and relax, but I agree it's not reassuring that it happened in the past... Although they say it was necessary to clear the backlogs so that the new, faster programs could start functioning, and that everyone who was affected could always reapply through one of the new programs... It still leaves me with mixed feelings. Especially because there IS a backlog even today, in most of the programs I guess.
It's a bubble.

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The guy that had DM yesterday (applied 17oct) confirmed to me that his vo is ottawa.

So kinda good news for us.

Reactions: AliChraim

kjg09

Star Member
Dec 8, 2014
Hi Guys,

Just want to say thank you for all the advise. This forum is a great help.

Application sent: Sept 28, 2016
Received DM: Oct 05, 2017
PPR : Oct 12, 2017
Send passport with photos: Oct 17, 2017
Received passport: November 14, 2017
Call for appointment in immigration: November 15, 2017
Appointment date: Nov 22, 2017

Yesterday, we've done our PR landing at 9:30 AM in immigration office near Bonaventure metro. It only took around 10 mins. They just asked for CSQ, confirmation of PR (which is the paper included in the shipment when they return the passport) and another photo. She did not asked any other documents. They just ask if you have criminal record. Explain the PR obligations and benefits then said congratulations.. After that, we processed our SIN in service canada and ramq. Then submit new SIN to our bank and hr dept in our work.

Its a long process but definitely worth it. Now I am excited to apply for citizenship after 2 more years. See you all there in citizenship forum after 2 years! :)

MTL2MTL

Star Member
Feb 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So we are witnessing delay in DM and ppr ,till last week they were sending DM and PPR on same day....
Yep , here’s my theory:
Most of the times , there’s one or two days per month where there is a big batch processed (called here dm shower).
These batches are processed semi automatically, and dms and pprs are sent same day or so. These applicants have generally a typical profile, nothing special.

Others who for a reason or another need manual verifications wouldn’t be included in batches so these processed in case by case and slowly...like this one one dm or two per day in forums (of course more in real life)

So most of mid october apps will probably be processed in a batch in first or second week of december (luckily)...

Last edited: