+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
We need more DMs for this week. :(

What does the 'Quebec inventory' meaning?
Most of the folks who have had requested GCMS have found their application is in 'QC inventory ' ...

rr88

Star Member
Mar 29, 2017
In my case, my file was in QC Inventory status on 10th March when it was moved from Sydney to Ottawa and in QC Pending status when file was opened for Medical Request on 14th Aug.
Is the 'Quebec inventory' an essential part for all applicants? Or does it mean a bad thing?

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Is the 'Quebec inventory' an essential part for all applicants? Or does it mean a bad thing?
"Quebec Inventory" and " Quebec pending" are states of their process flow , its observed QC pending means some one is working on application whereas QC inventory it assumed to be stored in some virtual storage...

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

taemee

Star Member
Aug 27, 2010
"Quebec Inventory" and " Quebec pending" are states of their process flow , its observed QC pending means some one is working on application whereas QC inventory it assumed to be stored in some virtual storage...
That virtual storage is pretty Cold... I'd imagine.

csparrow

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
Guys I think it's really strange that they put October applicants aside but started to make decision on November applicants. There must be something going wrong with our files and it is definitely not our fault. Should we contact them as a group and ask for the real reason instead of just calling individually and being told "it's normal"? Anyone has any idea?

Reactions: MTL2MTL

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Guys I think it's really strange that they put October applicants aside but started to make decision on November applicants. There must be something going wrong with our files and it is definitely not our fault. Should we contact them as a group and ask for the real reason instead of just calling individually and being told "it's normal"? Anyone has any idea?
I think group contact would definitely be better than individual inquiries, but how to do that.... The best way would be to hire an immigration lawyer together, but I think it is too complicated and maybe time consuming since the holidays are approaching.

Reactions: MTL2MTL

csparrow

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
I think group contact would definitely be better than individual inquiries, but how to do that.... The best way would be to hire an immigration lawyer together, but I think it is too complicated and maybe time consuming since the holidays are approaching.
Yes I agree. That's why I post this here--to look for a efficient way to make them hear us.

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
This is totally not my issue to worry about, but perhaps we will be glad we didn't apply this year... Imagine the 2.5 months of application backlog from 2016 they start with after new year.... As we saw, the manpower handling the applications will be kept the same with a decreasing budget. Next year the DMs will stop at August-September applicants :p

csparrow

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
This is totally not my issue to worry about, but perhaps we will be glad we didn't apply this year... Imagine the 2.5 months of application backlog from 2016 they start with after new year.... As we saw, the manpower handling the applications will be kept the same with a decreasing budget. Next year the DMs will stop at August-September applicants :p
If it's just a normal delay I wouldn't worry about it. But it seems to make no sense about why this delay is happening. I'm now guessing that it's very likely that our file somehow got forgotten somewhere and they won't even realize it until we ring them a bell!

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
I had same feeling when people after me were getting MR and some how I was missed ( by long shot - 6 months). Wait until your file crosses 14 months mark.

csparrow

Star Member
Sep 15, 2017
I had same feeling when people after me were getting MR and some how I was missed ( by long shot - 6 months). Wait until your file crosses 14 months mark.
But really your case is different. As you mentioned your file already left the "QC-inventory" this August but for us, at least me, criminality check is still going on (and it's almost certain that the file still in QC inventory). If I apply the same rule from you, it'll take at least another 3 months for a DM and it would exceed 14 months. So rather than wait until the 14 months mark, taking action now seems to be a better choice. Who knows if they are going to raise the time to 15, 16, 17 months?