+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017
Well our assumption is it works in "FIFO- first in first out" based on trend we see on forum but remember this is very small population ...but it might be possible CIC has some different logic of processing
I just hope there is a logic in how they process (no matter what it is) instead of raffle

Last edited:

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017
Also the fact that even the acknowledgement of receiving my receipt for RPRF shows nowhere tells me that something is wrong. Usually people see something in their eCAS, like "we have received blaa blaa blaa no further action is required blaa blaa". Sure, I got an e-mail saying they got the receipt but probably it just went directly into the X-files as well :(
My eCAS doesn't show any updates regarding RPRF. I received an email same day I paid my fee.

Burny1112

Jul 25, 2013
Visa Office......
New Delhi
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
Doc's Request.
31-07-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Request
24-12-2016
Med's Done....
02-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
Hi,

I wanted to know something, after receiving the passports from the High Commission. what are the next steps? I
  • I mean within how much time one should travel to Quebec along with the other dependent members along with the CSQ?
  • Can the primary applicant send the dependents to the country of origin after they are staying there for sometime? till a stable life is established in Quebec?
  • What is the duration the dependents can stay away from the primary applicant (living in Canada)?
  • What is the procedure for applying visa for primary applicant's parent and how long can they stay with the primary applicant?
Thanks,

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hi,

I wanted to know something, after receiving the passports from the High Commission. what are the next steps? I
  • I mean within how much time one should travel to Quebec along with the other dependent members along with the CSQ?
  • Can the primary applicant send the dependents to the country of origin after they are staying there for sometime? till a stable life is established in Quebec?
  • What is the duration the dependents can stay away from the primary applicant (living in Canada)?
  • What is the procedure for applying visa for primary applicant's parent and how long can they stay with the primary applicant?
Thanks,[/QUOTE
1.You should travel within visa timeline provided .
2.Yes you can do that..
3.There is no exact duration as such..
4.You can apply visitor visa - can stay up to 6 months or there is another visa for grandparents ( called super visa )

phoenix111

Nov 7, 2017
Hey guys! I'm new on this forum. I noticed from the spreadsheet that most Novembers who got their DM had their medical requested April 5th. Do you think there's any significance to that?

Reactions: Aref.P

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Hey guys! I'm new on this forum. I noticed from the spreadsheet that most Novembers who got their DM had their medical requested April 5th. Do you think there's any significance to that?
Welcome young Sherlock Holmes!! :D You're right, all of those who recently received DM did get their medical request on 5 Apr 2017!!! Maybe their files are being handled by the same officer, the only one who is working.
I guess some applicants from December 2016 can expect DM this week :p:p

devmtl

Aug 25, 2017
Welcome young Sherlock Holmes!! :D You're right, all of those who recently received DM did get their medical request on 5 Apr 2017!!! Maybe their files are being handled by the same officer, the only one who is working.
I guess some applicants from December 2016 can expect DM this week :p:p
Yes, and Oct 2016 applicants will be getting DM with Oct 2017 :D:D

skye

Star Member
Nov 3, 2010
Hey- We applied for the CSQ via PEQ and I just want to know, are we supposed to get an email first, or just a letter in the mail? Processing times are now 7 weeks and we are just starting on our 7th week since mailing it in. Also, we have a immigration consultant on our CSQ application, for power of attorney, and she works for my husband's company. However, now she is leaving the company, while our CSQ is processing.

For anyone who had power of attorney when applying for CSQ, can you tell me do they mail it to you, or the power of attorney person? Did you get an email response first or just something in the mail?

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
I have F mentiomed under connaissance linguistiques in my CSQ and my CSQ is not PEQ. Am an outland applicant and we dont qualify for PEQ. I think if they have to differenciate it on the CSQ, it would be under categorie which will either be IQ for travailleur qualifie or PEQ. For programme experiece quebec. Or maybe peq is denoted under program special on the csq. Dont know. But what i know is i applied for refular csq under quebec skilled workers and i have an F under language. I think the F means that you showed proof of french proficiency

There is. If you apply through PEQ, There would be a F (if my memory serves right) on your CSQ indicating french, while for regular, there is a NF indicating non french. Although I'm not sure what marks they have for those who applied through regular program but also submitted french proficiency...

Last edited:
Reactions: poisonapple

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
I have F mentiomed under connaissance linguistiques in my CSQ and my CSQ is not PEQ. Am an outland applicant and we dont qualify for PEQ. I think if they have to differenciate it on the CSQ, it would be under categorie which will either be IQ for travailleur qualifie or PEQ. For programme experiece quebec. Or maybe peq is denoted under program special on the csq. Dont know. But what i know is i applied for refular csq under quebec skilled workers and i have an F under language. I think the F means that you showed proof of french proficiency
Interesting ... may be some one who applied as PEQ can shed more light ... what they see for these fields...

GA90

Aug 15, 2017
Hmmm..... http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/dp/2017-2018/07.asp
If you look at 1.1.3. the target for QSW is 24,400 – 27,200. According to PR monthly updates (they finally included Sept) http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/statistics/ the number after September was 20,580.

So yeah. I'm afraid there will be only scattered DM from now on... Each quarter has produced around 6000-8000 PRs, but seeing how slow it has been since October, I don't think they are aiming to the high number at all this year...
__________________________________________________________________________________
So based on the official published plan (first link); QSWP is limiting its numbers gradually. Within the last 4 years; the program went down from accepting 30,197 applicants in 2013-14 to 23,370 last year. Now, until Sep. 2017 they have accepted 21,000. You can also see from their decreasing budgetary financial resources and fixed HR (manpower) that Quebec is trying to limit its immigration path gradually.
On the other hand, the excel sheet being updated is showing that Canada is behind last year numbers at the same month (September) by 9000 applicants. Despite the fact that the government is announcing more immigration flexible measures. NUMBERS are showing the opposite.
Also, Quebec even has lost the second rank in Canada for Alberta.

Last edited:

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
So based on the official published plan (first link); QSWP is limiting its numbers gradually. Within the last 4 years; the program went down from accepting 30,197 applicants in 2013-14 to 23,370 last year. Now, until Sep. 2017 they have accepted 21,000. You can also see from their decreasing budgetary financial resources and fixed HR (manpower) that Quebec is trying to limit its immigration path gradually.
On the other hand, the excel sheet being updated is showing that Canada is behind last year numbers at the same month (September) by 9000 applicants. Despite the fact that the government is announcing more immigration flexible measures. NUMBERS are showing the opposite.
Also, Quebec even has lost the second rank in Canada for Alberta.
Yup, I noticed the same... decline in number of QSW admissions (perhaps there is an increase in some other category...), and how interestingly they plan to keep the manpower at the same level but with decreasing budget :confused::rolleyes: And at the same time you read articles about how both Quebec and Canada should bring more immigrants and SKILLED immigrants, because there will be a shortage of labor when the big generations start to retire and whatever jargon to make it look appealing. Numbers speak another language indeed, that in the following years there will be around the same amount or less of manpower and money to handle *possibly* even more applications?? When the current (increasing) backlogs already tell us that they cannot handle the situation as it is!! :mad:

Reactions: GA90

GA90

Aug 15, 2017
Yup, I noticed the same... decline in number of QSW admissions (perhaps there is an increase in some other category...), and how interestingly they plan to keep the manpower at the same level but with decreasing budget :confused::rolleyes: And at the same time you read articles about how both Quebec and Canada should bring more immigrants and SKILLED immigrants, because there will be a shortage of labor when the big generations start to retire and whatever jargon to make it look appealing. Numbers speak another language indeed, that in the following years there will be around the same amount or less of manpower and money to handle *possibly* even more applications?? When the current (increasing) backlogs already tell us that they cannot handle the situation as it is!! :mad:
Correct. Also if you look to other sections, spreadsheets and stats. related to study and work permits. You can notice that Quebec is accepting more and more students while work permits are decreasing within the same time frame Meaning (more students with less job opportunities). Yes, they are investing in students. International students pay a lot. they have to work in jobs others wont do. they have to pay for accommodation, tuition etc..Speaking on the short-term it is more profitable for them. BUT! at the end students will graduate and should look for jobs in their fields which they paid their money, effort and time for. Surprisingly, workforce in Quebec is very difficult and most of the fresh students with the intention to start their lives in Quebec have two options. "Either to leave for their home country or try to work casual jobs while processing their papers". Accepting more applicants, making the whole process slower would accumulate frustrated newcomers with limited future opportunities year after year. Trust me if this to continue as it is; it will explode back in their faces.

Reactions: telegram

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Correct. Also if you look to other sections, spreadsheets and stats. related to study and work permits. You can notice that Quebec is accepting more and more students while work permits are decreasing within the same time frame Meaning (more students with less job opportunities). Yes, they are investing in students. International students pay a lot. they have to work in jobs others wont do. they have to pay for accommodation, tuition etc..Speaking on the short-term it is more profitable for them. BUT! at the end students will graduate and should look for jobs in their fields which they paid their money, effort and time for. Surprisingly, workforce in Quebec is very difficult and most of the fresh students with the intention to start their lives in Quebec have two options. "Either to leave for their home country or try to work casual jobs while processing their papers". Accepting more applicants, making the whole process slower would accumulate frustrated newcomers with limited future opportunities year after year. Trust me if this to continue as it is; it will explode back in their faces.
I'm afraid you might be right, my friend. I could go on rambling for hours about what is shady about the immigration and newcomers' prospects here, but not with you, you seem to be pretty enlightened as well :D

Aidda

Nov 21, 2017
FYI all..
As of Today my application status looks like this:
Application status: We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility: We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements. Help - Review of eligibility
Review of medical results: We are reviewing the results of your medical exam. Help - Review of medical results
Review of additional documents: We do not need additional documents. Help - Review of additional documents
Interview: You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Interview
Biometrics: We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes. Help - Biometrics
Background check: We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information. Help - Background check
Final decision: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

My Application was received at NS office on 30th of Sep 2016, AoR was sent on 24th of November 2016, RPRF was demanded and paid somewhere in March 2017 and then it went Kapoooot.. Finally i got Medical Examination Message as well as Pre Arrival Services Email on 16th of November 2017. I did medical on 20th of November 2017 here in Montreal.
Same as me!

Reactions: taemee