+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Thanks for reply minesweeper. Is there a reason why you believe that I may hear something by the weekend?

Thanks!
1- you are way over the 13 months processing time.
2- your medicals will expire next month and i dont think cic would want you to go and do another one and pay more money when its not your fault . You did the medicals when they requested
3- based on your timeline they have been in contact with you a lot recently and coupled with the fact your file was updated today, makes me think your file is under a visa or case officer's tub and waiting final decision

just my opinion

Reactions: IrlInMtl

minesweeper

Dec 17, 2015
Quartier moza
Category........
Visa Office......
Bolingo
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Good day. Our background check and security check is done? When can we expect ppr?
How do you know its done?. If GC key indicates that its done and also medicals is passed then then your eligibility should also show complete and you should be getting a DM the same day..

IrlInMtl

Oct 30, 2016
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30-10-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
21-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
1- you are way over the 13 months processing time.
2- your medicals will expire next month and i dont think cic would want you to go and do another one and pay more money when its not your fault . You did the medicals when they requested
3- based on your timeline they have been in contact with you a lot recently and coupled with the fact your file was updated today, makes me think your file is under a visa or case officer's tub and waiting final decision

just my opinion
Hopefully you are right, it would be nice to get some good news by the end of the week.

Amir-IR

Jun 6, 2017
Hopefully you are right, it would be nice to get some good news by the end of the week.
Hi,
I sent my application (inland) on June 29th, 2016. I guess we have almost the same timeline and my medical was passed on December 2nd, 2016.
Last Friday, my medical part changed from passed to "If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you". However, today my application was updated and my medical was again changed to "Passed".

Cheers,
Amir

Reactions: IrlInMtl and Aref.P

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Criminality is usually based on PCC provided , Security is in-depth analysis conducted by CBSA/CSIS or affiliated agencies
That is super depressing, taking into account that it's been almost a year since I applied and they didn't start with security yet :( Criminality shows they communicated with RCMP, and some agency in the US for biographic. I don't think this is normal that at one year they didn't start with security which sounds like the longest and most difficult part!

Reactions: hec2016

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
That is super depressing, taking into account that it's been almost a year since I applied and they didn't start with security yet :( Criminality shows they communicated with RCMP, and some agency in the US for biographic. I don't think this is normal that at one year they didn't start with security which sounds like the longest and most difficult part!
Security process is unpredictable it can take anyways from 2 days to 2 years....
Honestly speaking QSW speaking should be the shortest process as with PNP as most of verifications are already done by province and endorsed ... Federal has to do just with medical and security ...

Last edited:

clau2493

Jun 6, 2016
Visa Office......
CPC-Sydney
App. Filed.......
March 18, 2020
AOR Received.
October 18, 2020
File Transfer...
Ottawa
How do you know its done?. If GC key indicates that its done and also medicals is passed then then your eligibility should also show complete and you should be getting a DM the same day..
They message us and they said that:

"As it all appears all requirements have been met, an officer will review the file in order to render a final decision. there is no specific time frame for this to be completed."

Racing

Star Member
Sep 7, 2016
In land
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-10-2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
10-02-2017
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
11-03-2017
Med's Done....
13-03-2017 (Medial passed on 30-03-17)
Passport Req..
DM on 22-Dec-17. PPR received on 03-Jan-18
VISA ISSUED...
Received CoPR & Visa by end of Jan-2018
LANDED..........
Landed end of Jan-2018, Received PR card around mid of March-2018
Guys, as you all know normally office workers in Canada would be taking summer vacation atleast 2 to 3 weeks between the peak summer Aug to Sep. So i believe that may have resulted in bandwidth shortage, so our application processing are getting delayed. Now, summer is over, hence they should be back to normal. We should expect bulk decision made's in upcoming weeks.

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

Benjamin1412

Oct 5, 2017
I am currently residing at quebec . I got my CSQ on Jan 2017 , and i did my pcc and documentation for QSW (skilled worked) around mar 2017. In between around June i got email to link application in cic . After that i have not got any update on my application. Just got an general email from immigration office saying list of important documents for the processing and in that it was also written that ingore if already submitted.

So what should i do ? Is these things expected ?

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
Hi,
I sent my application (inland) on June 29th, 2016. I guess we have almost the same timeline and my medical was passed on December 2nd, 2016.
Last Friday, my medical part changed from passed to "If you need a medical exam, a message with instructions will be sent to you". However, today my application was updated and my medical was again changed to "Passed".

Cheers,
Amir
I guess you should see it as a positive thing: they are working on your files! Hope you get the DM soon.

Aref.P

Jun 6, 2017
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa / Sydney
App. Filed.......
2016-11-01
AOR Received.
2017-02-12
Med's Done....
2017-03-011
Passport Req..
2018-02-23
I am currently residing at quebec . I got my CSQ on Jan 2017 , and i did my pcc and documentation for QSW (skilled worked) around mar 2017. In between around June i got email to link application in cic . After that i have not got any update on my application. Just got an general email from immigration office saying list of important documents for the processing and in that it was also written that ingore if already submitted.

So what should i do ? Is these things expected ?
here is the timeline of other people for QSW:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11kdzo2tA_6HiILyuHtDsYtVajswDvHYTUiEFlFM1b28/edit#gid=736440819
you can add your timeline and also compare to others

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
It could be possible that your security check is "In Progress" or "Completed" and it's not reflected in GCMS notes. May be they got sick and tired of manually redacting Security Status and Comments and decided to upgrade software to just send Security Status as "Not Started" everytime.

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Security process is unpredictable it can take anyways from 2 days to 2 years....
Honestly speaking QSW speaking should be the shortest process as with PNP as most of verifications are already done by province and endorsed ... Federal has to do just with medical and security ...
Do you want to check with thus guy on why PNP is so slow? He is very active on quora.

https://www.quora.com/profile/Martin-Levine-8

Reactions: poisonapple

IrlInMtl

Oct 30, 2016
Montréal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
App. Filed.......
22-06-2016
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
30-10-2016
IELTS Request
N/A
Med's Request
18-11-2016
Med's Done....
21-11-2016
Interview........
N/A
Hi,

Cheers,
Amir
Hey Amir,

It actually updated again today to "Passed", so I guess these are good signs, and it means that there is some form of movement on our files. Hopefully we will receive good news soon

Cheers :)

Reactions: melito and Amir-IR