+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Quebec Skilled Worker Federal Stage (After CSQ)

514orbust

Mar 30, 2017
Nassau, Bahamas
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Trinidad and Tobago
App. Filed.......
19 Oct 2016
AOR Received.
03 Feb 2017
IELTS Request
Completed with App
File Transfer...
20 Feb 2017
Med's Request
29 Mar 2018
Med's Done....
5 Apr 2018
What's up, guys? Another week of waiting ahead. It seems as though the Kingston VO is on Carribean Time (always late :confused:). Is there anyone else here that is with the same Visa Office.

N

Nala

Hello everyone!

Hope you have great news this week! Stay strong!

Little question: Does anyone here did the landing inside Canada?

I received my COPR, and since I've been living in Montreal for a few years and I don't have any international trip planned right now, I decided to do the landing through the second option: the immigration appointment in Montreal Immigration Office. It takes 15 business days for them to contact us with a date and time. But I have no idea of the average waiting time.

Anyone out there in the forum that did the landing this way and would like to share a bit about the experience?

Thank you!

sidorovonline

May 10, 2016
Hello everyone!

I received my COPR, and since I've been living in Montreal for a few years and I don't have any international trip planned right now, I decided to do the landing through the second option: the immigration appointment in Montreal Immigration Office. It takes 15 business days for them to contact us with a date and time. But I have no idea of the average waiting time.

Anyone out there in the forum that did the landing this way and would like to share a bit about the experience?

Thank you!
You can do a flag-poling, it's pretty easy. Just go to the US border and tell to the US side that you don't need to go to the US and you want to return back and tell to the Canada side that you need to finalize you PR stuff.

Could you please share your timing? When did you send you PR application?

Last edited:
Reactions: Nala

APPNOV2014NY

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2014
Could you please share your timing? When did you send you PR application?
Hello @sidorovonline

Even though Nala is inland his VO is Paris. You can check his timelines in "Others" tab of the spreadsheet mentioned in my signature.

Also I noticed that you are Inland applicant with application submission date in June 2016. Could you please add your timelines ( Application Submission date , AOR date and Medical date) in "Ottawa" tab of same spreadsheet.

Thanks!!

sidorovonline

May 10, 2016
Hello @sidorovonline

Even though Nala is inland his VO is Paris. You can check his timelines in "Others" tab of the spreadsheet mentioned in my signature.

Also I noticed that you are Inland applicant with application submission date in June 2016. Could you please add your timelines ( Application Submission date , AOR date and Medical date) in "Ottawa" tab of same spreadsheet.

Thanks!!
Didn't know that you have this spreadsheet. Cool. Will add my info later today.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hello everyone!

Thank you!
One of my colleague visited Montreal Immigration office at Bonaventure , you have to take prior appointment call them and they will give you date -2-3 weeks ,its fairly straight forward you have to go with all docs on appointment day they will verify all docs and complete formalities shouldn't take more than hr...

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
One of my colleague visited Montreal Immigration office at Bonaventure , you have to take prior appointment call them and they will give you date -2-3 weeks ,its fairly straight forward you have to go with all docs on appointment day they will verify all docs and complete formalities shouldn't take more than hr...
So for your colleague, it took him ~3 weeks to get a call back? And then when they called him, was the appointment they gave him like 2 days later or like a month later? Thank you in advance for your answer. It would really help me because I am considering doing this instead of flagpoling.

Anyone reading this that has also gone to IRCC in Montreal instead, please share your experience with me.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
So for your colleague, it took him ~3 weeks to get a call back? And then when they called him, was the appointment they gave him like 2 days later or like a month later? Thank you in advance for your answer. It would really help me because I am considering doing this instead of flagpoling.

Anyone reading this that has also gone to IRCC in Montreal instead, please share your experience with me.
You have to call them and they will let you know (~ 15 days ) or later based on availability for appointment ....May be as winter starts they will have less spots as people will not prefer to drive till border....

melito

Champion Member
Jul 28, 2017
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
23-12-2016
AOR Received.
27-02-2017
Med's Request
05-04-2017
Med's Done....
08-04-2017
Passport Req..
09-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
15-05-2018
LANDED..........
17-05-2018
You have to call them and they will let you know (~ 15 days ) or later based on availability for appointment ....May be as winter starts they will have less spots as people will not prefer to drive till border....
Yes I understand, but my question was specific to your colleague. When they called your colleague, was his appointment a few days later like the enxt day or something like over a week later?

Betula

Aug 30, 2017
Category........
QSW
Does any inland applicant know if I can extend my RAMQ health coverage while on implied status? I'm still waiting for my PR, and also my new work permit did not arrive on time, so I am now on implied status. I've had the RAMQ card for 4 years already, and it's expiring at the end of this month. Usually it is tied to the length of the work permit... Anybody was able to get a new one while on implied status?

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Yes I understand, but my question was specific to your colleague. When they called your colleague, was his appointment a few days later like the enxt day or something like over a week later?
When he called them -they told you can come on so and so date for your PR formalities ..

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Does any inland applicant know if I can extend my RAMQ health coverage while on implied status? I'm still waiting for my PR, and also my new work permit did not arrive on time, so I am now on implied status. I've had the RAMQ card for 4 years already, and it's expiring at the end of this month. Usually it is tied to the length of the work permit... Anybody was able to get a new one while on implied status?
Usually RAMQ only provide health card based on your WP/PR and not on implied status ... but you can visit and let them know if you have medical emergency they might give you some temp work around until you have your WP or PR ...

GLSB

Star Member
Oct 2, 2016
Just one question please.

What is the average time for background change to we are processing your background....

I did my medicals 17th last month....but my background havent changed from we are processing your aplication....which I suposse that VO is not working in my BG.

Thanks for any reply

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Just one question please.

What is the average time for background change to we are processing your background....

I did my medicals 17th last month....but my background havent changed from we are processing your aplication....which I suposse that VO is not working in my BG.

Thanks for any reply
It depends on VO , for Inland folks it is noticed that "background check is usually under processing" right from starting ..